General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, what sort of knowledge of The Premiership did you have when you first come here? Did you know of all the clubs or just the likes of Manchester United?

You have a good understanding of everything surrounding the game now or do you think you're still learning?

PM would be good but I would not expect the General to reply on the issue to criticism of this site. He is a member of four sites and I do no think he would get drawn into the endless prattle and bickering that some seem to like

You referred to this site receiving criticism for the way it is moderated. The answer to that is simple - if you don't like it simply use the other sites LV

General,

Just a quick question:

Did you find many of the techniques and practises from your military career transferrable to the world of big business? Any examples?

befordtel

The understanding is that the North Stand lower section will be occupied by home supporters next season, with the away following accommodated in the lower Witton Lane.

As a hint to the General, I think the hope of all of us for the future is that visiting supporters are not at pitchside at all.

When it was first mentioned about the away support moving I did a quick reckoning on how it could work....

Witton Upper (working from the North Stand)

Section P11 has 219 seats

Section P10 has 494 seats

Section P9 has 503 seats

Witton Lower (working from the North Stand)

Section RR has 466 seats

Section Q1 has 824 seats

Section Q2 has 522 seats

Therefore start off by allocating RR and Q1 only

then as more seats needed give P11, then P10, then P9 this would give 2506

and if still a problem then release Q2 to take it over 3000.

I think i've got too much time on my hands sometimes!!!!!!

Sorry mods I know it should be somewhere else, but just wanted to put this to my previous question

General Krulak here:

1. Latest on Inter: Tickets on general sale 6 July...max of 6 tickets per sale. S-T holders can also purchase up to 6 extra tickets from 6 July. We will be selling away tickets to Inter fans so it is important that you identify yourself as home fans. S-T holder discount will not apply on match day. Ticket prices will be lower for S-T holders than for non-S-T holders. No ticket will exceed 20 pounds. Reduced prices across the board.

2. There will be no away fans behind our goals. Fans will be upper and lower...in corner.

3. Much of what I learned over my 39 years in the forces translated into the Private Sector.

4. Having spent 5 years in the UK prior to 1996, I knew a significant amount about the Premiership...teams, players, managers.

4. Having spent 5 years in the UK prior to 1996, I knew a significant amount about the Premiership...teams, players, managers.

Interesting you say that General. I know a lot of Americans just don't really 'get' football or 'soccer' - were you immediately interested in it? Had you had an interest in it before? Did you get to catch many games? I'm just intrigued to know how you became interested in the beautiful game in that time...

Glad you did though!

Good Evening General

Hope your doin well

Do you know if there are any plans to re-develop the North Stand and if so what's the plan with regards the executive boxes ???

USA!! USA!! :D

General Krulak here:

1. I have been interested in the beautiful game since early '70's. My wife was a player...started the California Women's Soccer Association (the largest association in US), both of my sons played the game, and when I was Chairman and CEO of MBNA, Europe Bank Ltd., we had a team that played in the Cheshire League. I followed the game when I was in Chester and went to many of them. The first team I ever really supported was Tranmere Rovers.

2. Yes, we will be developing the North Stand...no plans have been taken to the stage of being able to give an accurate depiction of what it will look like.

Hi general,

not posting here too often as I don't have that good questions that others have. :P But read it frequently. Now I have a question that's non-Villa related and might sound a bit ridiculous but I still have to ask. (Be kind to me, friends. ;) ) Area 51! Do you know if any such place exists/has existed in USA? Do you know if there's any truth behind this at all? Or is this maybe something you know a lot about but aren't allowed to talk about? ;) Well, just a bit curious about things like this.

Thanks for the superb work youn and the others do at Villa. Keep it up. Most appreciated.

Pelle

are there areas 1-50?

General,

thanks for the continued excellent work you guys are doing at Villa Park, great to see. Are there any plans in the close season/pre season to hold any open training sessions, either at Bodymoor Heath or Villa Park?? Be something useful for kids (and their fathers...!) to do over the long summer holidays. just a thought!!

Cheers

Mark

General Krulak here:

1. I have been interested in the beautiful game since early '70's. My wife was a player...started the California Women's Soccer Association (the largest association in US), both of my sons played the game, and when I was Chairman and CEO of MBNA, Europe Bank Ltd., we had a team that played in the Cheshire League. I followed the game when I was in Chester and went to many of them. The first team I ever really supported was Tranmere Rovers.

So does my grandfather.

I hope that you didn't boo/dislike Villa when we beat Tranmere Rovers in the 1994 Cup Semi-Final. My grandfather still hasn't forgiven the referee for not sending off Mark Bosnich for the penalty, especially as he later saved a couple of their penalties in the penalty shoot out.

General Sir,

With regard to the proposed redevelopment of the North (Fred Rinder) Stand would the club be interested in carrying out a poll amongst the fans with regard to incorporating safe terracing into the stand. If the outcome of this were a positive demand by the fans would the club then be prepared to lobby the authorities for a change in legislation?

My view is that with barriers on every row and ticket only entrance to such an area that the perceived problems of the early forms of terracing would be impossible to happen again. Also for those not wishing to stand there is the option of the est46000 seats that would be available.

The atmosphere in the ground would I believe be significantly enhanced by such a move.

It would be brilliant if they changed the law to allow that. It works so well in Germany; you only have to look at grounds like Dortmund's to see that. It would create a much better atmosphere imo, especially behind the goal.

As for my question, is there any more news of when the membership scheme will be introduced, and how it will work?

THanks

Hi, General.

Will you and Mr. Lerner be attending all of our pre-season friendlies?

How are you going to 'promote' our club in the good ol' U S of A?

Do you have plans for expanding into a wider market?

What 'special offers' (if any) will be available to Season Ticket holders in our next campaign?

General Sir,

With regard to the proposed redevelopment of the North (Fred Rinder) Stand would the club be interested in carrying out a poll amongst the fans with regard to incorporating safe terracing into the stand. If the outcome of this were a positive demand by the fans would the club then be prepared to lobby the authorities for a change in legislation?

My view is that with barriers on every row and ticket only entrance to such an area that the perceived problems of the early forms of terracing would be impossible to happen again. Also for those not wishing to stand there is the option of the est46000 seats that would be available.

The atmosphere in the ground would I believe be significantly enhanced by such a move.

hi , General.

with all the talk of the future of the stand and the history of our club can we see if we can bring back the AV floodlights back!!!!! always sent a shiver down my spine when i arrived at games totally unique also a seperate scoreboard leave the screens for advertising