West Brom Derby

KSV

Nope I am not superman. Admittedly a quick walker but so are a lot of people. 6 mins from the HS1 platform to Plat 5 at Euston and made the 1943 to Brum.

Yes if my train had been off anything higher than plat 12 I probably wouldn't have made it. Doesn't mean it isn't possible though

Right, I feel a challenge coming on. I'll be down that way tomorrow, well not really but I can be, and I'm going to walk it at a decent pace, no cheating I promise, and I'll time it. Because I think you're nuts.

No offence :winkold:

Why do people always underestimate walking times in London

Train to train, st pancras to a euston platform Is a minimum of 20 mins and that's walking at pace

Why are you trying to exaggerate the difficulty of getting from St Pancras to Euston? It's one stop on the tube FFS.

You seem very keen on flying despite the obvious difficulties of doing so in this case. Do you have shares in Easyjet or Ryanair? 8)

After the experiments proposed for tomorrow and Tuesday I'm expecting the discussion to move on to what constitutes 'a brisk walk'. :lol:

Having worked for 7 years on the Channel Tunnel Rail Link and being present at opening party of St. Pancras International, I frequently walked between St. Pancras and Euston stations; often at pace to catch an evening train home. I therefore have my own take on the time required to stroll, walk, brisk walk, jog and run between the two stations.

Why do people always underestimate walking times in London

Train to train, st pancras to a euston platform Is a minimum of 20 mins and that's walking at pace

Why are you trying to exaggerate the difficulty of getting from St Pancras to Euston? It's one stop on the tube FFS.

You seem very keen on flying despite the obvious difficulties of doing so in this case. Do you have shares in Easyjet or Ryanair? 8)

You have to get from the train, to the tube. Then from the tube, to the train.

I reckon you've never tried to negotiate either Underground station before. Euston is a nightmare, especially if you've never done it before. There are two Northern Lines there for a start.

Mate, I live in North London and travel to Birmingham regularly. I travel from Kings Cross at least 2/3 times a week. I know both of those stations like the back of my hand, I would never even contemplate getting the tube between them.

15 minutes minimum and that's with no wait time or clearing in the woods with a massive bag strolling along in front of you.

I reckon you've never tried to negotiate either Underground station before.

Well you are 100% wrong there. I live in London and have done that interchange many times. I think you are all a bunch of wimps. This is a thread started by a guy who lives in Australia, is visiting Cyprus, and is planning to pop over on a day trip to a match at Villa Park! And people are suggesting the most horrendous part of the journey will be the short and excellently signed interchange between St Pancras and Euston? Personally I would walk it & give myself about 15-20 minutes but it is possible to negotiate the tube system if preferred and it could be done much more quickly if necessary.

I reckon you've never tried to negotiate either Underground station before.
Well you are 100% wrong there. I live in London and have done that interchange many times. I think you are all a bunch of wimps. This is a thread started by a guy who lives in Australia, is visiting Cyprus, and is planning to pop over on a day trip to a match at Villa Park! And people are suggesting the most horrendous part of the journey will be the short and excellently signed interchange between St Pancras and Euston? Personally I would walk it & give myself about 15-20 minutes but it is possible to negotiate the tube system if preferred and it could be done much more quickly if necessary.

I'm not saying it's horrendous at all.

But listen, very carefully this time as it's the last time I'm going to say it. I too have done that "interchange". The "interchange" is not that hard. But to get down from St Pancras, to the tube, then from the tube, to the platform at Euston is NOT possible in 10 minutes. It just isn't. I'll time that one for you as well if you like.

Excellently signed? Dear god man, you say you live here?

Not sure if you've checked them KHV, but have a look at the likes of Kayak and Expedia for combinations of flights to places.

If you find a combination that works for you but is a little bit pricey, sign up for email alerts for when the price drops.

yeah i think ive looked every website.. im starting to doubt whether i can do it on my budget and time restraints.. ( again i farking hate Sky.. sat kick off was perfect... argh)

i did find a flight from Larnaca to Brussels for 40 euros... and a similar price from Brussels to London Heathrow.. and it gets me there at 9:30 am..... gives me more time to get to VP?

The other option is a 40 euro flight with Ryan Air to Manchester from Brussels but gets to Manchester at 1pm and another more expensive one 100 euros gets there at 10am.

Still cutting it tight on all options?

Sorry for all the questions lads.. my wife thinks ive gone mad... i think i have!

i did find a flight from Larnaca to Brussels for 40 euros... and a similar price from Brussels to London Heathrow.. and it gets me there at 9:30 am..... gives me more time to get to VP?

Of course. If kick off isn't until 4pm and you arrived at Heathrow at 9.30am you would have a lot more time than you actually need but that's a good thing as you wouldn't have to panic and rush about.

Just a thought but you could always get a coach from Heathrow to Birmingham. National Express Birmingham go to and from all London airports many times a day. Very cheap too. Would take just over 2 hours from Heathrow to Birmingham on the coach.

oh awesome. 3 hours on the bus they reckon on their website. Ive done a trip from Heathrow to Villa Park unfortunately didnt work! haha.. but to birmingham airport i could get there at 2. Maybe just cab it from there or train it to Witton Station.

Im getting closer!

930am into HRW gives ample time, you'd be clear of immigration etc by say 11 latest, then 30 mins into central London 1130, say train to brum at 12, so you should be in brum by 130/2pm

Even time for a pre-match beer !

Â