West Brom Derby

KSV

Shocked I thought Cyprus was an all year round holiday resort

Can you not fly on the Friday and book into a £19 premier inn over here or something

Still much cheaper and less hassle than the other options

I would seriously avoid the rail network and heathrow on a Sunday

Problem is after the game.. i guess it will finish around 6.. will i have time to get to heathrow for a 10pm flight?

Is 10 pm the time of the flight or the time by which you need to have checked in/passed security/immigration etc.?

If it's the flight time, there's no chance.

If it's check-in etc. time, it's theoretically possible.

At present I think trains go from Witton to Birmingham every hour on Sundays, at around half past the hour. So if you can get to Witton Station for 6.30, the journey could go like this:

Witton - Bham New Street: 6.30-6.45

New Street - London Euston: 7.10-8.37

Euston Square tube (a short walk from Euston station) - Paddington: 8.50-9.00

Paddington - Heathrow (Heathrow Express): 9.10 - 9.30.

There are so many things that can and probably will go wrong on that journey, in particular that tube link is a disaster area - always late/suspended or often not running at all at the weekends.

It's probably safest just to assume that's not possible! As others have said, flying to Bham airport is better. Even then it's quite a schlep from Bham International to Villa Park.

Even the "short walk" from Euston to Euston Square would be impossible in 13 minutes. Door to door maybe, but platform to platform? Maybe if you're wearing a rucksack and are military trained.

4 different trains, one delay or one trip as you're pelting it through stations and over concrete and it's game over. I wouldn't even consider it an option.

Ok, so you get the train to Brum. Fine. I thought your issue was getting home?

It's both.. I'm actually in Cyprus for family reasons and I'm not there long.. but don't want to miss my chance to visit VP. So bit of a smash and grab...hence why I can'tvgo earlier to get a direct flight to bhx. Way back is also an issue but getting to the game on time more important.

My wife has actually suggested rail. I found a flight from Larnaca to Brussels for 40 Euros through Ryan Air and she suggested to train it from Brussels to Birmingham which arrives 12:30 at Birmingham New on match day.

Better solution?

far better.

Pity you didn't ask her first - she's clearly far cleverer than all of us put together!

lol too true, shes just gotta figure out a way home for us now!

My family think im mad to go to such great lengths and spend so much money to goto one game.

KSV, did you get the pm I sent you yesterday, if you did maybe the price I put in there for a British Airways flight scared you off (and that was with my discount), if you've maybe sorted out getting to the game then maybe we can work something out about getting you back to Cyprus although the BA flight to Larnaca would leave LHR at 08:30 on the Monday morning arriving Cypriot time about approx 4pm, again not sure if that's any good to you.

sorry mate only just saw it.. rarely use the PM's! replied to it now. Still considering options at the moment.. havent booked anything yet.

That Brussels train would still mean the ordeal of changing in London, tubes, walks and relying on your train out of euston running in time

Keep in mind there's often disruption on the rail over weekends as its when they do their major maintenance works

You'd do it in a taxi, taxis are obviously expensive but that depends on your budget, 2 hour car journey, probable cost around £200 but if you're talking train from Brussels I imagine the cost is comparable

That Brussels train would still mean the ordeal of changing in London, tubes, walks and relying on your train out of euston running in time

Keep in mind there's often disruption on the rail over weekends as its when they do their major maintenance works

True point about potential train disruptions but it's not so much of an ordeal to transfer from St Pancras to Euston. One stop on the tube or a 10 minute max stroll along the Euston Road. :)

The train is by far the best way to get from Brussels to the UK - avoids all the security/check-in tedium and delay involved with flying and it's much more pleasant.

Why do people always underestimate walking times in London

Train to train, st pancras to a euston platform Is a minimum of 20 mins and that's walking at pace

Train to train, st pancras to a euston platform Is a minimum of 20 mins and that's walking at pace

Indeed. Platform to platform.

Those two underground stations in particular are huge. You're much better off walking station to station.

London, you know, it's a big place.

Rubbish. Can be done in under 10 mins easy. I did it in 6 on Wednesday afternoon

Rubbish. Can be done in under 10 mins easy. I did it in 6 on Wednesday afternoon

From platform to platform?

Mate, you're talking out of your hoop. It takes 6 minutes to get out of St Pancras at least. Another 5 to Euston Road.

Unless you can fly?

Are you superman?

I'm calling it now, you're Superman....

Nope I am not superman. Admittedly a quick walker but so are a lot of people. 6 mins from the HS1 platform to Plat 5 at Euston and made the 1943 to Brum.

Yes if my train had been off anything higher than plat 12 I probably wouldn't have made it. Doesn't mean it isn't possible though

Â