General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Imagine BJC+Bent a couple of years ago.

Why must you torture us with these thoughts? If MON had got that 20 goal a season striker I honestly believe he would have got us top 4.

But it's all in the past now so let's not beat ourselves up over it. We need some hardass players and we need them quick. For all of Huttons faults at least he roughted a few players up. Nice sentiment to play pretty passing football but what's the point if we ain't got the players? We need to play to our strengths which is umm...........................................that's why Lamberts the manager :)

When we had Keane in the team we looked quite creative and threatening in attack. But it was Mcleish that signed him? I don't understand, what's the hell is going on??

we all seem to have forgotten this contribution to our season.

I think Milner is way overrated here, i was glad and i am glad that we sold him. Gutted that we didn't go for Diame this summer, bossed the show today. We are missing that kind of player (Yaya, Diame, M'vila, Song). I also wouldn't mind a new full-back.

I think Milner is way overrated here, i was glad and i am glad that we sold him. Gutted that we didn't go for Diame this summer, bossed the show today. We are missing that kind of player (Yaya, Diame, M'vila, Song). I also wouldn't mind a new full-back.

We're missing an African? :| where's Salifou gone?

Andy Carroll didn't travel back with the team today after the game and went straight off in a car alone with someone in a suit. Some rumours it was off for talks about a move and one of the teams it could of been with is Villa.

He definitely did go off as people got pics of him leaving in car with said people. No-one knows for certain where he went though but Villa did come up.

I think he'd do really for you on loan for a year.

If you want crosses put Albrighton and Lichaj on the right side together. Both have the ability to deliver a really good cross. Then we can put N'Zogbia on the left and he can probably put in a good cross occasionally.

Only a fool would suggest that the squad is currently no better than being capable of finishing around 12th - 16th in the table. I don't believe Lambert is a fool so he will know this.

What we have done over the last 2 seasons is simply not good enough for this great club. Lambert didn't some here to be serving up another season of battling relegation and spending most of it in the bottom third of the table.

For the above reasons I am expecting major activity in terms of incoming players over the next couple of weeks.

I think yesterday's game may make Lerner change his mind about shifting Hutton and Warnock before buying.

Surely he sees we can't afford to go into next season with this current squad. I think he'll do the right thing now and I would imagine after the game Lambert would have made his feelings clear on what he needs.

I think we will sign another winger anyway. Someone that can whip great balls into the box,. Anyone know if Whittingham played on Friday?

Would love us to sign Carroll. People assume that we won't be able to supply crosses for him but i'm positive PL will rectify that. Also he would terrify a fair few CB's and supply an outlet should we ever need to revert back to hoofing it out of defence. Bent can not play up front without support. He was quality with his strike partners at Sunderland and would be with Carroll i'm sure.

I agree with Richard, if we don't try and sign Johnson and he moves elsewhere on a permanent deal, I'd be annoyed. He's the ole player we should have signed instead of Downing.

Wingers are what I've been saying we need since AY and SD were sold. Ably wasnt good enough last year. Johnson for £12m Nathan Dyer for £8m (is he a winger?) and then maybe a CM as well!

I'd ask for a striker, but then I'm just being greedy.

I genuinely think our issues last season were down to not having wingers!