General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The window ain't closed yet

We say that this time every year and always end up disappointed. What makes this year so different?

Funny thing is apart from the last two years I haven't been that disappointed, cant speak for anyone else

You were one of the most negative posters on here before McLeish got the push. Our signings this pre season have been underwhelming at best. I don't know how anyone in their right mind be so positive going into the new season with our squad being so weak. Unless you know something we don't I suggest you're quite deluded with your optimism.

I think your first sentence covers it "before Mcleish got the push" I think most were at that time as well

I'll help you out and add more to that, I was also pissed off when Houllier was here and towards the last year of MON as it became pretty clear that strategy was changing. Before that point I was pretty happy and now I am pretty happy again. But not sure what a post about me serves rather than a post about the opinion

What makes you so happy, is it just the choice of manager? He would have to be a genius to turn Villa around with the type of tight fisted budget he's obviously been given. Unless he's sitting on a war chest of cash and just biding his time before signing a couple of belters before the end of August, I can't see anything but another season of strife at Villa under the stewardship of the tight fisted American owner who is gambling with our PL future with his constant cutbacks.

I get the impression you know something we don't, and I really hope you do because all this blind optimism is baffling to say the least.

He will be backed and the window isn't over yet. But this is more than just a one window fix operation. No one would be able to turn around two and a half years in two and a half months. I think those of you who are upset must be thinking we should still be in the top six an aiming for top four. Well we aren't , it will take a while to get there but he will be backed to do it

I am up early on and cannot wait to jump in the motor and get down to the smoke to see us again.

This is not how I felt before Fulham 12 months ago.

I am buzzing and confident that Lambert will be backed to bring in his targets this window and the next.

I'm pretty sure we can afford a bigger net spend than £6.5m (based on what SSN have our transfers at), still hoping for a left back and a striker this window, Defoe i'd actually take based on his proven Premier League experience which is something we're lacking in most departments, plus he has a point to prove so we may be able to get a decent season from him.

Surely Bent isn't going anywhere, as I doubt Lerner is that stupid and he must realise that he's our only player left of any major worth both financially and as a player. Would hardly show the backing of Lambert that we all expect either.

we will buy another LB before the window closes, Lambert knows he cant afford to rely on Warnock.. Unless of course Warnock turns up today and impresses ;)

I wish Warnock would get focused and pull up his socks, unfortunately that would probably lead to him falling over. At least after today's game, against one of the poorest squads now in the Prem, we can get an idea of whether what we've got is good enough and whether we can see anybody else coming in / if Lambert genuinely is happy to work with what he has.

(I'm trying to be positive here)

He will be backed and the window isn't over yet. But this is more than just a one window fix operation. No one would be able to turn around two and a half years in two and a half months. I think those of you who are upset must be thinking we should still be in the top six an aiming for top four. Well we aren't , it will take a while to get there but he will be backed to do it

Yes he'll be backed, but it looks like it's a couple of million here and there. That isn't good enough, and well you know it.

Yes he'll be backed, but it looks like it's a couple of million here and there. That isn't good enough, and well you know it.

Again, is the window closed yet? If we ad no money or he wasn't going to get anymore then why spend 3m of what he does have on a young lower league right back, when there were other options to him?

You need to take a chill pill