General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Ok - Point Taken :D

We really have been poor in the transfer market for some time. All teams have made bad signings of course but we very rarely find an absolute gem. Thankfully we seem to be looking in that direction now and lowering the risk factor.

There's a thread on the Newsnow villa page today from the US that we're considering selling Downing to Liverplop for 18 mill! Can't see it myself, more chance of that ginger idiot from the sty managing us.

I dunno. They were daft enough to spend 20m on him. 18 should seem like peanuts.

Vaclav Drobny

Was trying to think of that guy, couldn't remember his name.

Don't remember Bartelt at all...

If I remember correctly Drobny had a pretty girlfriend/wife that is about all we heard about him and Bartelt turned up for training with sunglasses on.....Gregory sent him home!

Why we aren't or weren't in for Butland is bloody baffling and annoying

You have to calm yourself mate, he is totally unproven in the big league. Lots of keepers are deemed the next big thing, but many blow the opportunity. He has never played for Birmingham according to Wikipedia, only joined Cheltenham on loan for a few handful games. So I would say it is extremely unbaffling and not slightly annoying that we are not in for him. We have Given and Guzan doing a job right now and we have other transfer priorities.

Our midfield is still very weak possibly one of the weakest in the league..

Bringing in El Ahmadi was a start to fixing that but it still needs alot more work in my opinion.

Think we need more than just one more CB in but unless we sell Dunne/Collins I don't see us getting two in (after Vlaar if we are after him)

I will be really disappointed if we don't get another midfielder or two in.