medication question

leemond2008

ok then you hippy trippy namedroppers are any of you clued up on prescription meds???

the doctor prescribed me

90 tablets of - co-dydramol 10-500mg

84 tablets of - diclofenac sodium 50mg

28 tablets of - lansoprazole 30mg

does anyone know if this is a pretty hefty dosage to be taking, will these things put my head in the clouds or will they just knock me out and will I be ok to have a wee drink whilst on them?

I know they say not to drink on them but half the time its just bollocks aint it as long as you are sensible with it

2 are painkillers, average dose.

1 settles the stomach cos of the effects of the above.

You can drink on them, but you might feel an extra 'something' if you're sensitive to the effects of the codeine.

You should be ok to drive, but no booze at all if you do.

I always thought the stuff with codeine in it was pretty serious stuff, the one thing I'm not looking forward to is that one of the side effects of them is they can make you drowsy, normally anything that ''can'' make me drowsy ''will definately'' make me drowsy lol

Co dydramol with a few ciders is ace!

Diclofenac are great for the gout, can have a drink too

Don't know the other

...normally anything that ''can'' make me drowsy ''will definately'' make me drowsy lol

See how they take you.

Maybe give yourself a little time before driving on them.

co-dydramol -- 2 tablets, 4 times daily

diclofenac -1 tablet, 3 times daily

lansoprazole - 1 capsule daily

Yep! I am on this but slightly different.

The lansoprazole protects the lining of your stomach as the diclofenac destroys it and causes ulcers (aswell as increases risk of heart attack) if you dont take it and you get an ulser you will never be able to take an anti inflamatory again.

The Diclofenac is not good for reasons above, I found it a bit much so was put on a one a day slow release.

The other is a pain killer but will cause you to be constipated and has a lot of side effects but I found paracitamol was just as good with the diclofenec.

Why are you taking it? I take it all the time for Osteoarthritis

90 tablets of - co-dydramol 10-500mg

I get given that for my migraines it's about the only stuff that works , it replaced Co-proxamol which became banned due to it becoming linked to accidental overdoses

Yep! I am on this but slightly different.

The lansoprazole protects the lining of your stomach as the diclofenac destroys it and causes ulcers (aswell as increases risk of heart attack) if you dont take it and you get an ulser you will never be able to take an anti inflamatory again.

The Diclofenac is not good for reasons above, I found it a bit much so was put on a one a day slow release.

The other is a pain killer but will cause you to be constipated and has a lot of side effects but I found paracitamol was just as good with the diclofenec.

Interesting with the co-drydamol giving you constipation because Lansoprazole gives me the epic shits. Brown **** rain.

Interesting with the co-drydamol giving you constipation

can't say it ever has with me , but I only take them occasionally and not a course of them

yep osteoarthritis, I have got it in my hips, knees and feet but struggle mainly with my right hip, the doc put me on the meds after the stone roses gig, a whole day ostanding up joint with walking 6 miles afterwards has kind of killed it lol

had the steroid injection and shit like that which works but I'm just struggling a bit since the weekend, gotta go the hospital next week for a check up so I'll see what is said then

yep osteoarthritis, I have got it in my hips, knees and feet but struggle mainly with my right hip, the doc put me on the meds after the stone roses gig, a whole day ostanding up joint with walking 6 miles afterwards has kind of killed it lol

had the steroid injection and shit like that which works but I'm just struggling a bit since the weekend, gotta go the hospital next week for a check up so I'll see what is said then

Its a damage limitation thing and can only recommend cycling and stretching often as it massivly reduces my pain

Plantar is pretty common I know quite a few people who have had that the next day after the injection will be even more painful that usual but then it should settle rite down for ya
Yeah, that's what I'm expecting/hoping.

Â