Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Why does a player have to have an "effect" to be useful to the team? Besides last season I don't really recall Stan ever affecting many of our games directly but he was still a really important player. Petrov and now KEA are the kind of player that sit in the middle of midfield and make the team tick. I think those who are already writing him off will be eating their words if he's out for a prolonged period of time when it will become apparent just how important he is to the team and the way we play.

He scored, and was our best player.

I'm not saying KEA is good or bad here, I'm just saying that was where he "affected one of our games" (I think anyway. That's a pretty ambiguos statement)

Fair enough.

I just hope that if KEA is missing for a number of games people won't use that as an excuse if our results continue to decline? He really isn't that important to us. There are other midfielders within our squad who are of similar ability.

In terms of a DCM ...It is more difficult these days to emulate the "Vinny Jones" type,the game is more sophisticated and the authorities won't stand for vicious tackles and roughing up.

KEA is still learning the British Game and is more like Petrov in as much as he is more of a "pick pocket" reading the game and making timely interceptions. He has good technique and will get better. I like the player. I also think he is more conducive to how Lambert want to move the ball.

• Like 1

he'll be missed, i think he always makes himself available to help out and be a simple pass for whoevers on the ball, he breaks up play well and keeps the ball for us.

i'd like to see delph play there with herd maybe but it'll probably be bannan. how long is GG out for?

I really can't remember where he has affected one of our games with his overall play. Neither a combative or attacking midfielder who falls into the description of being Mr Joe Average and consequently if he does miss a few of our games then it won't hurt us as we have other midfielders with similar abilities.

He gets the ball, he passes it to someone in the same coloured shirt, over and over and over again. And these arent all simple sideways passes either, some of them are very clever ambitious little reverse passes. Possession. If we have the ball all the time, we cant lose. if only we had more players with the ability to keep the ball. Did you prefer it when our full backs hoofed it 50 yards?

• Like 2

i'd like to see delph play there with herd maybe but it'll probably be bannan. how long is GG out for?

Gosh when you mention all those names I realise just how poor our midfield is, really not prem quality in terms of the majority of our CM's. Still reserving judgement on KEA as he impressed me against Newcastle and Everton but has also been very ordinary in several others.

Gosh when you mention all those names I realise just how poor our midfield is, really not prem quality in terms of the majority of our CM's. Still reserving judgement on KEA as he impressed me against Newcastle and Everton but has also been very ordinary in several others.

delph, bannan, herd and GG have time on their side to prove you wrong about their quality. i doubt all 4 will prove to be top drawer footballers. if only 2 are, we'll be fine.

anyway, how long is KEA out? and how long is GG out?

(edit: GG we won't see all season)

Edited by romavillan

He gets the ball, he passes it to someone in the same coloured shirt, over and over and over again. And these arent all simple sideways passes either, some of them are very clever ambitious little reverse passes. Possession. If we have the ball all the time, we cant lose. if only we had more players with the ability to keep the ball. Did you prefer it when our full backs hoofed it 50 yards?

You mean with MON when we finished sixth.

The problem is, the DCM role is so important to get right. If you get the wrong man in there you are pissing into the wind in terms of success.

Our lack of success would suggest that we haven't had the right DM for some considerable time and then there's also our start to this season to consider.

Why does a player have to have an "effect" to be useful to the team? Besides last season I don't really recall Stan ever affecting many of our games directly but he was still a really important player. Petrov and now KEA are the kind of player that sit in the middle of midfield and make the team tick. I think those who are already writing him off will be eating their words if he's out for a prolonged period of time when it will become apparent just how important he is to the team and the way we play.

5 points from 7 games.... i really hope it doesnt get much worse to be honest.

I know I have publicly criticised him but I have by no means written him off and I feel many are in the same boat. I merely pointed out that just because the rest of our team have been underperforming (or performing to their ability and may be just crap) and he has been slightly better doesn't mean he has been good in contrast with others teams players. I fully agree he needs time and am willing to give him that but I think the purchase of a defensive midfielder is essential for the formation we use to work and for him to develop as a player into his role in the team.

The problem is, the DCM role is so important to get right. If you get the wrong man in there you are pissing into the wind in terms of success.

We havent got one DCM at the entire club. You would think if he sells Bent in January we would buy some midfielders although I cant think of any quality DCMs in the champoinship or league 1

We havent got one DCM at the entire club. You would think if he sells Bent in January we would buy some midfielders although I cant think of any quality DCMs in the champoinship or league 1

Good job the manager has a great knack at spotting talent he can get the best out of then. I personally dont care where they come from as long as they improve us and to be fair given the state of our club at the end of last season I'd say quite a few players in the championship could improve us!

I think he's injured for this Saturday and the amount of love-in for Westwood sort of indicates we'll be seeing him in midfield with Delph.

Thanks. Cant seem to get any information on the injury so havn't had a clue of its extent. He is a big miss, keeps the ball well and can throw himself into a tackle well enough.

You mean with MON when we finished sixth.

Bloody hell, is that boring ONeill debate still going on? I was actually talking about last season, you know something relevant? O'Neill has been gone for 2 years, he isnt coming back. Im sure everyone is bored to death of the same old boring arguments being bandied back and forth. They just dont hold any relevance to the current situation.. Time to move on now I'd have thought

But just for the record, I dont think we used that style of play under ONeill. interesting that you feel we did.

Â