Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

but rock the crossbar , the original idea i think is great, no need for it to be changed.

it has the player in the chant and it includes a football theme, all sang to a tune which frequented the popular hit parade on at least 2 occassions and is familiar to most people over a certain age.

Agree. Funny how people are though. Paint the Mona Lisa and people queue up to say how it might look better with slightly thicker eyebrows :)

If he's crap at shooting, all the more reason for it to be crossbar.

but rock the crossbar , the original idea i think is great, no need for it to be changed.

it has the player in the chant and it includes a football theme, all sang to a tune which frequented the popular hit parade on at least 2 occassions and is familiar to most people over a certain age.

Agree. Funny how people are though. Paint the Mona Lisa and people queue up to say how it might look better with slightly thicker eyebrows :)

If he's crap at shooting, all the more reason for it to be crossbar.

You could be right there, although I did have another thought. If someone called Barry can be “Bazza”, why can’t someone called Karim be “Kazza”? Then you’d have:

“Karim El Ahmadi. Rock them Kazza! Rock them Kazza!”

Lambert's first signing is a player that seems technically gifted from a team that has just made the champions league. This without breaking the bank. He might turn out to be useless but the type of signing gives fans optimism. Compare this to MON's first full pre-season and all the excitement and anticipation amongst the fans of who he will sign. Anybody remember who it was for 3.5 Million and how much of a damper it had on fans spirits.

My point is this seems like a good start for Lambert mainly because its an unknown and not typical British player we have been paying over the odds for for the past 5 years. Hope it continues this way.

He comes across well in interviews, doesn't he? Says all the right things without sounding like he's pandering. I like him already. He says he's a midfield boss, and that's just what we need. Can't wait for the season to start, and it's been a couple of years now that I've felt actual enthusiasm for the new season.

UTV!

Lambert's first signing is a player that seems technically gifted from a team that has just made the champions league. This without breaking the bank. He might turn out to be useless but the type of signing gives fans optimism. Compare this to MON's first full pre-season and all the excitement and anticipation amongst the fans of who he will sign. Anybody remember who it was for 3.5 Million and how much of a damper it had on fans spirits.

My point is this seems like a good start for Lambert mainly because its an unknown and not typical British player we have been paying over the odds for for the past 5 years. Hope it continues this way.

Yep, it's possible when all is said and done, that Lambert will make O'Neill look like a complete idiot in terms of player acquisitions.

His first signing was NRC and then Harewood.

I couldnt remember which way round it was. To be fair I was happy with the NRC signing although in hindsight it turned out we paid way over the odds. But then I remember some noise from the board about a big name signing and there was nearly a meltdown on this site. I went on holiday for a week and was really excited when returned to see who we had signed. I was devastated when I saw it was Harewood.

It wasnt just the fact we signed an average player it was the timing. MON had a chance to make a real statement of intent and was fully backed by RL in whoever he signed. For whatever reason he took what he felt was the safe approach which ironically lead to us having to start all over again.

Anyway its all in the past. Welcome Karim El Ahmadi to a new ERA at Villa Park.

Lambert will make O'Neill look like a complete idiot in terms of player acquisitions.

and tactics and squad rotation and substitutions and wage policy :)

Lambert will make O'Neill look like a complete idiot in terms of player acquisitions.

The one thing about MON is there is probably nobody better in terms of getting the best out of players. The only problem is when he leaves you start to realise how average those really players are.

I will be interested to see the state Sunderland are in in 4/5 years time.

Yep, it's possible when all is said and done, that Lambert will make O'Neill look like a complete idiot in terms of player acquisitions.

That wouldn't be hard. All he has to do is NOT sign Emile Heskey or Marlon Harewood. Or Didier Agathe. Or Chris Sutton. Or Stephen Warnock. Or (excuse my blasphemy) Moustapha Salifou.

To be fair to MON, Young and Milner were excellent signings. As were Dunne and Collins (at least while MON was here), and swapping Baros for Carew was an incredible bit of business.

Yep. And maybe most important, he seems like he's not going to try to conquer the world in three years.

Yep. And maybe most important, he seems like he's not going to try to conquer the world in three years.

I know its not important and quite petty but I really hope we finish above Sunderland next season.

Â