Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Iniesta has overtaken Xavi in the last year.

I don't think he was ever behind him. He has a lot more to his game IMO.

I always thought Xavi was a bit better and that has been reflected in the bal'on dor honours. But its pretty close. Xavi is 4 years older so that is an explanation for it.

To be fair I think even Barca fans have been divided over the two over the years. It's pretty close and they are both amazing players.

Come on France, at least score, make it slightly interesting.
I have backed Spain because it's free money but to be honest I think I would rather be entertained and would love France to score .

As much as I'm desperate to see France bring the scores level, I'm not sure we should really be forced to endure extra time of this game or the torment that would be an additional 30 mins of ITV coverage.

Oh I agree but after this game BBC have all the others

So some respite

When the Euros are on I always wonder if the rest of the world care. I would guess many in South America do, but no one else.

There are VT'ers on every continent . I am sure they can report the footballing zeitgeist .

France have been as useless as they were in the last world war

D-Day would have been a different story without the resistance .

D-Day may have been avoided if the French "army" hadn't done a runner

When the Euros are on I always wonder if the rest of the world care. I would guess many in South America do, but no one else.

I would imagine there is significant interest in francophone Africa and south east Asia too, but it is a regional tournament. It is probably the most popular of all the regional international football tournaments though because a lot of fans of European club football would be more interested in this than, say the Copa America or Africa Cup of Nations.

Â