No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else thought that as it's been confirmed that OSG's wife came with him & his now booked into a hotel in Brum,

Why would she be hear at all, unless it was a done deal? Do candidates normally bring their wives over for interviews?

Her indoors is over because she'll need to sort out the families accomodation & schools etc if they have kids.

Gazton would not post Welcome unless it was a done deal. He's never been wrong before because of his connection,

take it from me, so I will be utterly amazed if this isn't sorted because Randy has flown back to US.

Perhaps it would help if we could suggest some suitable location for him to resettle his wife and children in and around the Birmingham.

Having seen the MUTV clip it would obviously help if it had fjords, mountains and the odd lobster or two !

He still has a house in Cheshire as far as i know.

Perhaps it would help if we could suggest some suitable location for him to resettle his wife and children in and around the Birmingham.

Having seen the MUTV clip it would obviously help if it had fjords, mountains and the odd lobster or two !

Solihull then...

I've got a spare room tell him for weekends away up here in beautiful Cumbria.

Gazton would not post Welcome unless it was a done deal.

are we sure that MM and Gazton weren't just confirming that OGS was coming over rtaher than confirming it was a "done deal"

both posts were a little cryptic if i recall

Gazton posted "Welcome Stephen" a few years back in relation to Ireland IIRC and Ireland didn't sign for us for around a week after that.

Not wrong per se, but the timing wasn't quite there...

Dudley, opposite one of the wine factories.

... I was in the posh bits of Dudley/Sedgley .... round Cott Wall End nature reserve only a few days ago.

There's some enormous houses with security gates & very expensive cars parked in their driveways.

We could do with Gazton coming on and shedding some light on why he seemed sure it was a done deal before OGS had even gotten on the plane to come over here. I just don't know how he would know before he'd even got into the country?

Any ITKs would do, MM around anywhere to give us any insight?

Gazton would not post Welcome unless it was a done deal.

are we sure that MM and Gazton weren't just confirming that OGS was coming over rtaher than confirming it was a "done deal"

both posts were a little cryptic if i recall

Somebody said "not yet" in relation to OGC being a done deal. He then went :nod: :!:

Gazton posted "Welcome Stephen" a few years back in relation to Ireland IIRC and Ireland didn't sign for us for around a week after that.

Not wrong per se, but the timing wasn't quite there...

The point is he did sign & Gazton new he would!

Hey Villa fans. I am a Manchester United fan. I will give you a little time to digest that...

... Okay, i know I may not be welcome on all corners, but I am very much here in peace. I am actually a match going Red and not a plastic fan who follows for success (although you might insert a joke about our lack of that this season). I feel I can contribute a different and neutral perspective on things. I have no intention of being an annoyance.

Now to business, I have followed Solskjaer's managerial career closely. Trust me, he is very impressive. Whether he will be a success or not at Villa Park, I can't guarantee, but I can tell you a few things to expect.

1 - Entertaining football. Solskjaer is not a man who would even bother with management unless he could dazzle. He plays some beautiful football and I think you can expect to be entertained at Villa Park this season. I know I will be keeping an eye out.

2 - The best out of your players. As our reserve team manager, every single player said roughly the same thing. Ole will treat his players with the utmost respect and be very approachable. Various of our players have said Ole has taken them aside before or after a match to offer some words of encouragement. He really goes out of his way to keep everybody happy.

3 - One quote I will always remember Ole for - as a player - is this. "The assistant told me to just go on for the last 10 minutes and keep it simple" Solskjaer went on in the last 10 minutes to score 4 goals. That is the winners mentality. Ole has always had it.

As for the slight concern that he may one day take over Fergie... I wouldn't worry too much about that. Solskjaer will not have an eye on that. His sole focus will be on Villa. He will take over Villa for Villa, not for United. So long as he is happy there, he will stay there. He rejected the chance to manage Norway in favor of staying as our reserve coach. He stayed because he was happy. When Molde came along, he only left at Fergie's advice. Otherwise he would have stayed. I think he has great loyalty. Sure, he would probably accept if the chance ever comes along to manage us, but that in itself is debatable (even though he is the fans choice). I assure you he would not leave Villa for any other PL team other than United.

I hope that gives some sort of insight and I hope I am welcome here.

Solskjaer defied Røkke

"Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has not hidden the fact that one day he could think of returning to England. Nevertheless, Aker is surprising that he dropped Friday's workout, and headed to England in public for informal talks with Aston Villa before the three major league games in a week, "writes Aker in the press release.

http://tinyurl.com/6wwet6v

Villa have put up a statement on the OS.

Reading between the lines.....I think the only hold up now is compensation with Molde and their backers. Probably playing hardball with Randy.

The Aston Villa board has embarked upon an interview process which will lead to the appointment of a new manager.

This process will be focused and consistent with the board's objectives which are to secure a manager who can help to reinvigorate the club and bring some vibrancy back to Villa.

We are aware that certain individuals have been linked with our managerial vacancy but, out of respect to all potential candidates and any clubs they may currently be employed by, we will not discuss specific individuals by name.

We will update supporters when we have more news.

The club have finally come out and made a statement about the fact that they are in the process of embarking on an interview process. That to me is very good news, although it doesn't confirm anything of course. But this is reminiscent of when the club used to put out statements just before a transfer was concluded to say that they were in talks with someone and then a few hours or sometimes days later you'd see that they had signed. I predict that there'll be a press conference scheduled for Monday afternoon with a statement on Monday morning to say that he's our new manager.

Not forgetting Molde put up an official statement on their website about OSG in talks with AVFC earlier this morning.

If he was acting in defiance of the club...........surely they would have not put up such a statement?!!!