General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

They spoke to him last year. I would guess his terms have not changed much.

He's my #1 choice Rich, just his terms that will cause the issue. Not so much the wages, just the funds he would want to improve the squad.

He's my #1 choice Rich, just his terms that will cause the issue. Not so much the wages, just the funds he would want to improve the squad.

I know we dont have top funds (from what we are told really, although James from the Mirror did say RL is willing to pay for a special player if he came up, take of that what you will) but we do need to spend some decent cash this summer.

in fairness you are incorrect, I believe Dalglish's record at liverpool is better

Are you talking about what he did over 20 years ago too?

No I am not, I am going on win rate as that is the only thing that matters really.

Erm... no it's not.

Manager A plays 5 games, wins 1 and loses 4. Win rate of 20%. 3 points.

Manager B plays 5 games, draws 5 wins 0. Win rate of 0%. 5 points.

Saw this re-tweeted earlier, just passing it along:

'Fellow #AVFC fans wouldn't fall too much in love with the idea of Lambert going Villa. Norwich sports writers convinced he's going L'Pool.

He'd be a mug to go there, look at the way they treated Roy. All because they thought the job was too big for him. They'd think the same aboyt Lambert. And if he replaced the moron that is their king Dalglish, he will be hounded out ASAP.

In fairness, Hodgson is hopeless.

in fairness, his records at Albion and Fluham says differently really, and compared to Dalglish he did okay at Klanfield.

Albion and Fulham says it all, he is a small team manager capable of organising average players. Perfect for England...

But seriously, I think he will be hounded out, hopeless.

Sorry for the OT!

I know we dont have top funds (from what we are told really, although James from the Mirror did say RL is willing to pay for a special player if he came up, take of that what you will) but we do need to spend some decent cash this summer.

Oh i agree 100%, the entire squad (apart from maybe 4 or 5 players) needs a reshuffle, and im guessing on-top of what ever we make from sales we would need another £25-£30m on-top to get the squad something like.

Something which Rafa would want, and something im not sure the club would be able to offer.

Look I think we can all agree that any managerial appointment would be a risk.

I don’t think anyone could criticise the club for taking what would amount to an informed gamble on Lambert, Rodgers or Martinez.

All of them to different degrees have shown enough ability to suspect they can go on to better things. And for all of them Villa represents a step up.

Any appointment can go wrong. Look at Chelsea and AVB, Inter and Benitez. While we are on the other end of the spectrum the job requires just as much skill.

We just have to be sure that the clubs liability is reduced if the worst case scenario arises. Contracts should contain performance related bonuses, and below 40 pts release clauses and to be fair a minimum release clause.

If anyone is against the appointment of any of Lambert, Rodgers or Martinez. could you please explain why? and explain who you would appoint and why?

I am all for Martinez because of the way his teams play football. He started all the good work at Swansea and his work at Wigan is nothing short of miraculous. Wigan always play neat and tidy football and he has a style and ethos that he sticks to. When the chips were down at Wigan rather than do a mcleish and put 9 behind the ball he changed to 3-4-3 formation and had a go.

Rodgers has also had a similar career path. has been on the coaching staff at a big club and has managed small teams on low budgets and agin like Martinez has a nice style of football and does not change it.

Rodgers and Martinez also come across well in the media.

Lambert is a no for me, I dont like the man at all. he has a dour attitude and comes across as miserable and unispiring.

I dont like his style of play at all, its very direct and I though apart from Blackburn that Norwich were one of the most shambolic teams at VP this year.

I dont another miserable dour scottish manager at VP and while he would be better than McLeish I dont think he can take us forward.

I would be disappointed with Lambert being appointed.

Saw this re-tweeted earlier, just passing it along:

'Fellow #AVFC fans wouldn't fall too much in love with the idea of Lambert going Villa. Norwich sports writers convinced he's going L'Pool.

He'd be a mug to go there, look at the way they treated Roy. All because they thought the job was too big for him. They'd think the same aboyt Lambert. And if he replaced the moron that is their king Dalglish, he will be hounded out ASAP.

In fairness, Hodgson is hopeless.

in fairness, his records at Albion and Fluham says differently really, and compared to Dalglish he did okay at Klanfield.

Albion and Fulham says it all, he is a small team manager capable of organising average players. Perfect for England...

But seriously, I think he will be hounded out, hopeless.

Sorry for the OT!

You're so devoid of any sense or reason I can't find the words to describe.