General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Looking at the short list of possible new managerial targets .... Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers and Poyet

Who said, should we be fortunate enough to get rid of McLeish, that these are the only managers that we could possibly get and that they form the shortlist?

Id much rather just give KMac & Sid a go than appoint an unproven manager for the sake of if ie. lambert Rodgers Martinez Curbishley Bruce

Christ none of those guys stir up any sort of excitement

Sadly i don't think KMac is interested

Id much rather just give KMac & Sid a go than appoint an unproven manager for the sake of if ie. lambert Rodgers Martinez Curbishley Bruce

You'd rather give the job to KMac than someone like Martinez or Lambert? :?

Poyet. Ticks all the boxes for me. Anyone who thinks we'll be getting any current prem manager or even one from the top flight abroad is kidding themselves. This job is a poisened chalice for anyone who has managed above us this season and that's why I think a hungry young manager is the best route. Rodgers, Lambert have shown that it's possible to transfer good championship management into positive premiership leadership. Get Poyet, while still can.

Looking at the short list of possible new managerial targets .... Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers and Poyet

Who said, should we be fortunate enough to get rid of McLeish, that these are the only managers that we could possibly get and that they form the shortlist?

There is no-one else who would be remotely interested in coming here.

So you'd rather give the job to unproven coaches just because they have connections to the club than guys who have managed at clubs longer than a few games (in KMacs case) or not at all (Sids case)?

There is just no logic in your statement at all.

There is no-one else who would be remotely interested in coming here.

And these four are remotely interested?

Lerner could go out and appoint someone like the Wolves have just done.

KMac does not just have connections to the club, he is Mr Aston Villa as is Sid

If the strategy going forward is all about organic growth, I see no better choice

If randy is about to splurge another shed load of dough, maybe someone else

Of the championship type managers that keep being mentioned, Poyet is the only one I'd consider at this juncture

Just because someone is Mr 'Aston Villa' does that really make them qualified for the managers position, should it be long-term thinking?! Really!? REALLY!?! (and for the record, Sid is far far more Mr Aston Villa than MacDonald)

It is about finding the BEST man for the job. Now granted Lerner's track record is pretty shit at this so far. BUT I'd say that if he felt KMac was the right man he'd had offered the top job to him when he was in charge for those run of games last season. Something which, I think, is the one managerial decision Lerner has got right.

I wouldn't want KMac in control of the first team again, that 6-0 defeat away at Newcastle just proved the guy was totally out of his depth, jeez I still have nightmares about it now..

Yes without question
I swear you just post stuff in order to get a reaction.

Yes, he does.

KMac was absolutely terrible as manager. Woeful.

THat game vs Newcastle is literally the worst performance since 3-0 away at Doncaster. Appalling game and he was clearly miles out of his depth.

Nice guy, good coach, not a manager.

IN fact, KMac might be the only manager in the world that I'd prefer McLeish over.

Yes without question

Yes, he does.

THat game vs Newcastle is literally the worst performance since 3-0 away at Doncaster. .

Utter bullshit

You have a poor memory

Remember the 0-4 and 0-7 at Chelsea, or the 0-5 at Liverpool or the 1-4 at wastelands

Btw kmacs win ratio was better than our last 2 managers

Yes without question

Yes, he does.

THat game vs Newcastle is literally the worst performance since 3-0 away at Doncaster. .

0-7 at Chelsea,

Btw kmacs win ratio was better than our last 2 managers

You mean.. 7-1 at Chelsea :)

Yea, didn't he win like, 2 outa 5, but that includes being hammered 6-1 by a newly promoted Newcastle? Must admit if we still had Milner in that team we woulda been alright. KMAC should not manage our 1st team. Happy for him to assist in some capacity.

If we are looking for a manager to work under the same conditions as McLeish, a safe pair of hands to just keep us in the Premiership and steady the ship then Curbishley would be the perfect fit. Knows how to get the best out of Bent and would probably ship out the troublesome element quietly over the next two seasons while purchasing better players when budget allowed.

But thats not quite what we need. We need someone dynamic who will impose discipline on our club right away and have the nous to build his own dynasty at our club.

We don't need a quick fix. We need revolutionized!