General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I reckon the third person is Benitez.

I think its Lambert too. Would take either manager. I just think Lambert has a bit more about him.

Agreed.

I actually think Lambert might be a slightly better fit as he does have an aura about him. I think he could get the likes of Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Gabby playing better. Where as I think Martinez would fire up N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Makoun.

If we are picking between those two, I think the club is in safe hands for me.

That's exactly why I don't really want Lambert. 4 of the first 5 players you mentioned need to be shipped out ASAP. Obviously he could still do that but I get the impression he won't.

Based on all the conjecture i'd like to think the 3rd person is one of...

Moyes - and he's first choice. He may well have been the first choice from the start and the wait is all about agreeing a settlement with Everton. That would be the dream.

Some complete leftfielder like Laudrup. Riskier than RM or PL but one which (as with OGS) would appeal to the fans. Probably a backup incase neither of the other two comes off.

For Benitez to even be considered, he'd have to have approached us, not the other way around. Both sides would have also had a lot of talking to do to make sure it'd work as I believe he rather offended them last year....

I'm not that fussed with Lambert but Wiz, if you think he's definitely staying because of some random article about next season you're living in cloud canary land.

What do you expect him to do, avoid all questions on what happens next season just in case he's offered a job?

From what I've seen and heard he's been nothing but cagey and evasive on questions regarding his future. Which would annoy me if I were a Norwich fan. If he's offered the job (with Norwich's approval of course) I believe he will take it. Big if though at the moment.

We have the advantage of knowing how he talks to the local press Mazrim, with respect, you dont.

Down here, in all his interviews, he clearly says he's going no where. We call it 'Lambert Speak', that has not changed for 3 years now.

We also have a CEO who said we would not welcome or give permission for clubs to speak to him.

Hope that helps.

I'm not that fussed with Lambert but Wiz, if you think he's definitely staying because of some random article about next season you're living in cloud canary land.

What do you expect him to do, avoid all questions on what happens next season just in case he's offered a job?

From what I've seen and heard he's been nothing but cagey and evasive on questions regarding his future. Which would annoy me if I were a Norwich fan. If he's offered the job (with Norwich's approval of course) I believe he will take it. Big if though at the moment.

We have the advantage of knowing how he talks to the local press Mazrim, with respect, you dont.

Down here, in all his interviews, he clearly says he's going no where. We call it 'Lambert Speak', that has not changed for 3 years now.

We also have a CEO who said we would not welcome or give permission for clubs to speak to him.

Hope that helps.

1) Lambert speak is a dumbed down version of O'Neill speak we are better versed in it that you are.

2) Did Burnley not speak to him last season?

EDIT: Just checked Burnley never got permission. Doesn't change my opinion that if Lambert WANTS to go then he will.

If there really are three potential candidates and they hope to get it sorted by Friday. Does that mean that they have some sort of order of preference and are waiting on something happening/not happening in the next few days?

Big Gob opening his mouth about RM perhaps?

Does that mean that the other candidates are very much second choice?

Or, have all three candidates basically said 'yes' and we're making our mind up?

Also Kendrick's article states that we still haven't had permission to speak with either RM or PL yet they still hope to tie up a deal in the next few days. What does that suggest?

Seriously i prefer Martinez but some of the attititude of Norwich fans has been a joke, would love PL just to annoy the hell out of them! However I don't think it's cut and dry between those two, I believe the 3rd unnamed man is possibly in line to get it.

Hope that helps.

Right, cloud canary land it is then. So he answers differently depending on the exposure of the media organisation asking them? What utter bollocks. Where does he say, categorically, that he's going nowhere?

And you can quote your Farmers Weekly or whatever it is.

What else do you expect your CEO to say, "yes, come and get him and dont worry about the compensation"?

No offence mate but you're very naive in these matters. We know all about players and managers "going nowhere". It's nothing but lip service.

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

You are in the Premiership now and a lesson to learn is that there is no loyalty and permission or not, like a player, if he wants to go he will go.

I think one reason for leaving could be

He has had ample opportunity to flat out publicly say the Villa job doesn't interest him -whether we've approached him or not.

Not only has he done that, but in a number of interviews directly after the end of the season he spoke about his association with Norwich in the past tense.

edit double post

Hope that helps.

guys calm down on wiz, he is just trying to argue why he thinks lambert is staying there. wouldnt we do the same if we had a manager we loved and norwich were linked with him?

Agreed.

EDIT: I mean I agree with the sentiment but not sure it will be leaving Villa for Norwich any time soon though but would probably feel the same if it was to a bigger club than Villa