Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I can see Norwich playing real hardball for Lambert. They are on a high after a 12th place finish on their first season back up. They'll want to keep as many of their playing and management staff as possible and may just point blank refuse to let us speak to Lambert. Whereas Whelan seems willing to deal with anybody if the price is right.

Take that as guarenteed...and already been said by our CEO.

That NEVER works, and is the last resort of the desperate. If it happens you've lost him. Because either he's happy to stay - in which case there's no need anyway - or he wants to consider his options, in which case it will only make him resentful, and he'll end up going anyway. There may be messy legal/financial entanglements, but it won't stop a want-away employee.

It saw off Burnley last time we had all this, but in general you're right, it will force the issue one way or not.

BURNLEY? :lol: I hear what you say but this is ASTON VILLA! and if Lerner wants him he will want to come here.

By the way well done and good luck for next season (you may need it)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Lambert is going to join villa anyways..

Can rule him out.

So we can rule him out simply because you don't think he is going to join? Nah, you're alright.

Its not just him saying so:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/16/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-sacking-contenders

It's in a newspaper, it therefore must be true.

Kenny Daglish being sacked is the best thing that can happen to Villa TBH.

The managers we are in for Lambert/Martinez/Rodgers could potentially turn us down as they believe that they will get a bigger / better job in the future.

Liverpool are at an all time low similar to us. If they can't get the job there now they never will ....

After LIverpool, what available (or potentially soon to be available) jobs are bigger than Villa?

I don't think Lambert is going to join villa anyways..

Can rule him out.

So we can rule him out simply because you don't think he is going to join? Nah, you're alright.

Its not just him saying so:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/16/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-sacking-contenders

It's in a newspaper, it therefore must be true.

A one line 'throwaway' in a Liverpool article. Hardly a basis that he is not interested. I could point you to more articles that say he is.

The point is no one knows. Although I would think any manager from a 'smaller' (in the politest was) would want to at least hear what Villa and Lerner has to say about their plans........unless their name is Martinez! :winkold:

The managers we are in for Lambert/Martinez/Rodgers could potentially turn us down as they believe that they will get a bigger / better job in the future.

Liverpool are at an all time low similar to us. If they can't get the job there now they never will ....

After LIverpool, what available (or potentially soon to be available) jobs are bigger than Villa?

Chelsea.

Understand that Lambert etc have to play their cards close to the chest as who knows what will happen, but I have to say it has been three days of speculation now since we sacked Mcleish and also the speculation just after the Bolton game (and his comments then were not exactly of the f off nature). He or Norwich could have come out in the last few days and pledged his future to them, totally distancing himself from any rumours and been categoric in the process.

There have been rumours and press speculation that he is not the man granted but nothing from him . This fact keeps my hopes high

Don't disagree, but the acid test is season 2

I want to see PL pass that test with Norwich before he makes the leap to a club of our size

How about Martinez then? Has he passed your Premiership acid test?

No because each and every year without fail he is useless bar the last 3 or 4 games. Here's some stats for this season

Villas biggest win v Wigan

Wolves biggest win v Wigan

Seasons prior

Spurs 9-1 Wigan

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan

Martinez can do one

I want to see PL pass that test with Norwich before he makes the leap to a club of our size

No because each and every year without fail he is useless bar the last 3 or 4 games. Here's some stats for this season

Seasons prior

Spurs 9-1 Wigan

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan

Martinez can do one

You don`t like lambert or martinez, So who do you suggest, realisticly?

Seasons prior

Spurs 9-1 Wigan

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan

Martinez can do one

He had some bloody good results too, i.e. beating United and kept them up 3 seasons now.

Seasons prior

Spurs 9-1 Wigan

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan

Martinez can do one

He had some bloody good results too, i.e. beating United and kept them up 3 seasons now.

People have to agree though that he struggles to motivate the same group of players for the first 20-25 games of the season.

If we want him as manager, we have to ask why this is.

Seasons prior

Spurs 9-1 Wigan

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan

Martinez can do one

People have to agree though that he struggles to motivate the same group of players for the first 20-25 games of the season.

If we want him as manager, we have to ask why this is.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. He is charged with the job of survival, he's done that, three times. Is it fair to then say, why didn't he didn't to more? You'd never appoint anybody on that basis.

I really hate the TS Collymore show

He just shouts over people

The other day he was defending Barton by shouting over his studio guests

What a **** idiot

Understand that Lambert etc have to play their cards close to the chest as who knows what will happen, but I have to say it has been three days of speculation now since we sacked Mcleish and also the speculation just after the Bolton game (and his comments then were not exactly of the f off nature). He or Norwich could have come out in the last few days and pledged his future to them, totally distancing himself from any rumours and been categoric in the process.

There have been rumours and press speculation that he is not the man granted but nothing from him . This fact keeps my hopes high

Now I realise this sounds desperate on my part but Lambert NEVER re-acts or speaks on speculation, it winds us up but he just doesn't.

Should you ever get him you'll discover this for yourselves.

Chelsea.

Excluding Chelsea ... just trying to be realistic,...

Lambert/artinez/Rodgers arent gonna be the new Chelsea managers....

Liverpool is the best they could hope for .... and I doubt they'll get that

However the current scenario will prove this to them if they were thinking if/maybe.

Martinez and Lamberts stock will not be any higher than now at their current clubs