Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Completely disagree with this. To get us into the 'big league' as you put it, we would need 100m+ investment. There is a top 6 now as I see it (city, utd, spurs, arsenal, chelsea and liverpool). All have significant funds and are in a 'desirable' location to attract big players. What we need now more than ever is to steady the ship and build on form year on year. If this is done we stand a better chance of being a better proposition for big investment, whether it be from Lerner or someone new. For me, Lambert is the person who can achieve this, and for that reason I am excited for the start of the season.

Nonsense Sky Sports clichéd yucky talk. How much did Newcastle spend? How much did Levante spend to finish 5th in La Liga? How much do Arsenal spend? You can buy success, yes. Can you have success without spending silly money? The answer to that is also yes.

Now that i do agree with, and lambert has the knack of getting the best out of players, he is not the type that needs silly money to turn out a good side.

Another reason why he is a good fit for us rather than a benitez type.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok than nazvfc and irreverantad, please tell me how much money you believe we will spend. Oh please consider our record losses last season. Come on then lads. Whats the bet its give or take 5 million more than ive suggested.
Those losses have nothing to do with the amount of cash Lerner could inject at will if he wanted to.

Your argument is void because the figure you have come to is after numerous player sales all for hypothetical figures. You really think Lerner would keep half the proceeds of player sales but yet give the manager an initial amount to work with - it simply wouldn't make sense.

I don't think it will be a case of how much we necessarily spend but of the type of player we get in. Hence, 'smart moves' that enhance the squad - i.e Cabaye, Sigurdsson et al and not utter dross like Sidwell or Harewood.

Villaonsea is most likely correct in his *guess* all this transfer kity talk is so simplistic and cringy anyway. Like any proper club we should take every player on their merits and their value worth.

You honestly think Lambert would have joined Villa for "a few bosmans, a few loans, one which will be quality and a few cheeky signings"???

He spent nearly £12m last season for Norwich and finished above us.

It wouldn't make sense.

oh now i remember. houllier was given 24 million for makoun and bent. Who was that chap sold for 24 million 6 months prior? Mcleish was given 20 million. Who were them two england wingers sold for 40 million?. And irreverentad yes i believe the net spend will be 3-4 million tbh.

As i stated a couple of weeks ago. Paul lambert was randys choice. He didnt approach him earlier as he realised if he waited, he wouldnt have to pay compensation. Budget is 8-10 million plus half of player sales. Board will allow wages for one very good loan. ,Who that it is i dont know.
99.99% of that is rubbish, the other 0.01% is obvious
good enough for me richard. lol

Spot on jonno.

The smart moves would be about players being worth the money they are on.

I expect to see good players, well scouted. Good quality player plus up and coming talent like when Lambert signed Pilkington, Howson etc for Norwich.

Are you the guy who knew someone or worked for Talksport?....if so it all makes sense!

oh now i remember. houllier was given 24 million for makoun and bent. Who was that chap sold for 24 million 6 months prior? Mcleish was given 20 million. Who were them two england wingers sold for 40 million?. And irreverentad yes i believe the net spend will be 3-4 million tbh.

Ok I think the net spend will be £15m.

The one who is furthest away donates £10 to VT. Just between you and me. You game?

Wasn't the 8m-10m plus 50% of sales the rumour for what McVoldemort was going to have to spend this summer until he was rightly booted.

I think £20m plus 100% of sales is more like it as long as wages don't go mental. If Lambert ships out Warnock & Dunne there's probably 100k/week in wages plus £4m or so on the transfer budget. We could probably get Douglas and Clyne for that if he is sensible.

Really looking forward to what Lambert will do to the squad this summer.

The one who is furthest away donates £10 to VT. Just between you and me. You game?

if you tell me what you think the overall spending will be. Forget the net?

if you tell me what you think the overall spending will be. Forget the net?

Why does total matter? It is irrelavent. It is about how much Randy has promised Lambert, therefore net is a better indicator. So you going for 3 million or 4 million?

if you tell me what you think the overall spendi

Why does total matter? It is irrelavent. It is about how much Randy has promised Lambert, therefore net is a better indicator. So you going for 3 million or 4 million?[/

6 million

I think everyone needs to calm down and wait to see how the summer actually pans out. I doubt very much whether Lambert has a precise idea of how much he needs to spend and who he needs to buy. He needs to have a look at the existing squad first and form his opinions on strengths and weaknesses and then see who becomes available at what price over the summer.

A fair amount of this is unknown at present. Although many posters here have very clear ideas who should be shipped out, our new manager doesn't necessarily share that certainty.

It's not beyond imagination that he may be thinking of wholesale changes if needed next summer, not this. That's how many experienced managers would do things