Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier was right in everything he said about us being a mid-table club at that time. He know what was required to change it. He was going to change it. Houllier was more exciting he wasn't interested in getting us high to mid-table he wanted to win the league with us, such was his ambition.

Sure you aren`t mistaking him for ron atikinson or something?

I like houllier as a person, but he was a surrender monkey here, the man city game, the liverpool game. As for speaking like a winner at the press conference, that is just wrong.

Houllier was not exciting, he looked like a fried egg in a coat on the touchline.

As i stated a couple of weeks ago. Paul lambert was randys choice. He didnt approach him earlier as he realised if he waited, he wouldnt have to pay compensation. Budget is 8-10 million plus half of player sales. Board will allow wages for one very good loan. Who that it is i dont know.

I found that 'Houllier spoke like a winner'-comment quite funny too. Houllier who said there was no way we could beat City (when we had beaten them just weeks before) and was happy to lose to Liverpool. Yeah, that was a real winner.

Lambert>Houllier>McLeish

Yeah - slipped my mind that - him saying if he had to lose he would be happy if it was the pool - really talking like a winner - NOT!!.

Did hear Lambert say they have to aim to win as many games as possible to get the fans behind the team the club and himself! And one other thing - the only thing remotely akin to MON and Lambert is the wearing of the tracksuit. This manager reminds me of a certain Ron Saunders in his demeanor in his mannerisms in the way he talks to the press - but I bet you when it comes to it - he can be like Ron was - a task master and demanding the famous 110%. Ron never suffered fools badly.

That's just my feelings

Brummies moaning about accents, only on VT.

Reminds me of the time back in 1990 that I was off to university. At the time Birmingham was voted the 2nd worst accent in Britain. Couldn't get much worse than that. Except I was off to Bristol, home of the number one spot in the same survey.

Never hated a Brummie accent since.

Everything Houllier said during his tenure has proven to be true especially about the wasters who he found at straight away. All I'm saying his I found Houllier a lot more convincing and reassuring that he knew how to take us onto big things. I don't get that impression with Lambert. I don't think he'll be a bad manager, just not someone who could take us into the big league. 11th to 8th most definitely. Most of you would be happy with this. For me I wanted someone who was capable of more...

As i stated a couple of weeks ago. Paul lambert was randys choice. He didnt approach him earlier as he realised if he waited, he wouldnt have to pay compensation. Budget is 8-10 million plus half of player sales. Board will allow wages for one very good loan. Who that it is i dont know.

That is tripe!

Firstly how did Randy know that Norwich would ignore a clause in Lambert's contract.

Also no way would Lambert have joined for £8m spends. PF has said we will spend, PL has said we will spend. Most Journos and ITKs say we will have at least £20m+ sales.

The issue has never been the transfer fees. It was the wages.

No way would PL move if he was assured 8 to 10million! We spent that on N'Zogbia!

Is this what you have been told or gather from the various newspapers or are you presuming?

In my ever so humble uninformed opinion - I'm afraid if Norwich had done things correctly then no matter WHEN Randy approached him - we would have had to pay compensation - he was on 1 year rolling contract but from all the snippets we have had in the last week or so - no compensation is due as apparently Norwich re-negged on a clause in the contract.

That means Lambert is to be given LESS than he was at Norwich for Transfers (according to Norwich fans). WOW the guy is going to perform miracles on a crap budget!

Everything Houllier said during his tenure has proven to be true especially about the wasters who he found at straight away. All I'm saying his I found Houllier a lot more convincing and reassuring that he knew how to take us onto big things. I don't get that impression with Lambert. I don't think he'll be a bad manager, just not someone who could take us into the big league. 11th to 8th most definitely. Most of you would be happy with this. For me I wanted someone who was capable of more...

Completely disagree with this. To get us into the 'big league' as you put it, we would need 100m+ investment. There is a top 6 now as I see it (city, utd, spurs, arsenal, chelsea and liverpool). All have significant funds and are in a 'desirable' location to attract big players. What we need now more than ever is to steady the ship and build on form year on year. If this is done we stand a better chance of being a better proposition for big investment, whether it be from Lerner or someone new. For me, Lambert is the person who can achieve this, and for that reason I am excited for the start of the season.

gabby 8 million collins 3.5 million warnock 2million makoun 3.5 million fonz 2million. That totals 19 million. half that and add it to the 10 and your nearly there with the budget my friends, plain and simple. You never know with layers like given and ireland also. a few bosmans, a few loans, one which will be quality and a few cheeky signings. ie holt 3-4 million snodgrass 2million etuhu 800k ect