Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm. 2 in 17, you say? Not prolific at that level, then!

Apparently he plays in midfield for the National Team... trying to find more information about it.

Has someone been editing wikipedia?

Dică won 16 caps for Romania, scoring his first goal in August 2006 in a friendly against Cyprus. However it looks likely he will join Aston Villa along with Joe Sheldrick

What a bunch of flipping comedians you lot are!!...I've got loads of work to do so I ain't got time to read through the last 50 pages on this thread but wanted to know the latest crack on who we're signing!!...GRRRR know about Upson rumour for couple of wks & just read about this Romanian .........anyone else likely on the cards...ie whose The Tress tracking??!!!!

Dica link on Sky Sports.........

Aston Villa are set to make a move for Nicolae Dica, according to Romanian sources.

The 26-year-old is hoping to take advantage of Romania's new EU status which will allow any player from that country to play in England without the need of a work-permit.

Dica is the star of the Steaua Bucharest side which has lifted the Romanian title for the last two seasons.

The dynamic forward is now being strongly linked with a move to England, with Aston Villa named as a likely bidder.

Former Chelsea ace Dan Petrescu - now manager of Unirea Urziceni - feels Dica would be an excellent signing for Villa boss Martin O'Neill.

"I know their manager, Martin O'Neill, very well. He needs a creative player," he told Gazeta Sporturilor.

"I saw their match against Chelsea on Tuesday and I realised that he is right.

"Dica would have his place there, I'm sure, but it all depends on how hard he wants to play.

"Most of the Romanian players who went abroad had problems because of their mentality. What they said about managers plotting against them is nonsense.

"The manager is not a fool, and if you want to play and you are serious, they put you in the team."

Dont take any notice of bloody videos!

Well I just put it up as some people had no idea who he was! Also here is his profile on FM07 that someone asked for:

dicarx4.th.jpg

Boa Morte to West Ham , would they sign SWP too I doubt it, mind you i think we need to strengthen else where first.

FFS West Am potentially sign 2 wide men when they already have some. We have none and don't look like signing any.

Hop to it Villa, get some work done :wink:

Looks good in that video. Shoot with his left or right. Looks a very accomplished header of the ball. Can take a free kick also.

But, he looks a bit lightweight, and it was only 4.38secs of footage, that show only the good things of Dica.

At 27, why haven't clubs come in for him before if he's quite accomplished? I thought he was gonna be 21,22 maybe. Hmmmm, wait and see. MON obviously would have sent scouts out to see him if he's planning on buying him.