Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Ok, quick question : Most teams know that Milner is available and can leave in January so why have Manure, Chelsea or Arsnel not come in for him ? If he such a good talent I would expect competition but there appears to be none, which worries me. Should we not be going after the players that the big 3 go for as that is where we want to compete in the near future ?

Maybe, but I don't think we can compete with the big three for transfers at the moment - Champions League pull etc.

Closing the gap on the big three or four is going to take time, and can not be done overnight. We are moving in the right direction but we have to be realistic.

I myself would welcome Milner in to the current squad, and feel he could do a great job for us. Who knows where he will be in two or three years time!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point, but you seem to know what I'm getting at. Watching the Barca game last night was brill but it don't half make me a greedy git. Sitting there thinking to myself " 25 Million, go on randy you have loads of money. Buy him ...and him ...and he would do a job for us". Basically I wanted to buy half the players on the pitch.

I just want us to be good again and quick quick. Breaks my heart that scum like Manure, Chelsea or Arsnel are always on the telly or in the papers, after 24 years it's starting to get on my tits like.

Fair point, but you seem to know what I'm getting at. Watching the Barca game last night was brill but it don't half make me a greedy git. Sitting there thinking to myself " 25 Million, go on randy you have loads of money. Buy him ...and him ...and he would do a job for us". Basically I wanted to buy half the players on the pitch.

I just want us to be good again and quick quick. Breaks my heart that scum like Manure, Chelsea or Arsnel are always on the telly or in the papers, after 24 years it's starting to get on my tits like.

Are you a geordie? :winkold:

Edit, or Scouse for that matter!

Rome wasn't built in a day!!

Don't worry Neil, we're on our way back and in a couple of years time I can see us making the trip to the Nou Camp to watch the mighty Villa in action.

In all honesty, I never dreamt I'd be saying such a thing a few months back :)

Know what you mean Neil.

Was admiring the 2 midfields last night and then Giuly and Joe Cole came on as subs.Sigh.

Maybe in a few years.

Are you a geordie?

Edit, or Scouse for that matter!

Born in Sutton Coldfield , but I see what you mean......like. :oops:

Rome wasn't built in a day!!

Don't worry Neil, we're on our way back and in a couple of years time I can see us making the trip to the Nou Camp to watch the mighty Villa in action.

In all honesty, I never dreamt I'd be saying such a thing a few months back

I agree but it's been so long in coming, it feels like waiting for xmas when I was a nipper, finally get to the big day only to find out that I have got no battery's for my new toy and I must wait until the shops open ( bit like this tranfer window business I suppose).

Was admiring the 2 midfields last night and then Giuly and Joe Cole came on as subs.Sigh.

Maybe in a few years.

Hopefully, I was just watching the passing and movement last night and some of it was unreal, fast first touch stuff that is a joy to watch, shame the game last night was being played by girls falling over which kinda spoiled it. That is where I want to see the Villa both in the quality of the teams but also in that stadium. Hardly heard the chelski glory hunters but I bet 10 k of Villa v's 90k of barca, you would still hear us on the telly (proper fans you see).

I dunno, one day soon we will all be there waiting for the Villa to come out in the champ league semi final : - You can all tap me on the shoulder and say "See, told you! here we are kid".

We will get there I'm sure, the Villa has given a lot more to footballl than we have ever taken out - payback time.

I was gonna say rant over but that's all behind us now, not a rant but more typing as I think and feel about the mighty AVFC.

Up The Villa :hooray:

i hope we don't sign milner, he looked so good for us because he is a determined young lad who will give his all and we didn't have any of that, he lacks in the quality department,

i've browseed through newcastle forums to see what they think of him and a lot agree with that, he always gives his all but he has no end product, he can't get into newcastle team most of the time so i can't see why we should go for him..

he was a great player for us last season because he gives his all and will always fight the cause etc, but we need to be getting quality as well, if we want to be pushing on..

i hope we don't sign milner, he looked so good for us because he is a determined young lad who will give his all and we didn't have any of that, he lacks in the quality department,

i've browseed through newcastle forums to see what they think of him and a lot agree with that, he always gives his all but he has no end product, he can't get into newcastle team most of the time so i can't see why we should go for him..

he was a great player for us last season because he gives his all and will always fight the cause etc, but we need to be getting quality as well, if we want to be pushing on..

Perhaps but I think Milner has alot to offer us quality wise as well. He needs improvement like all youngsters do but let's not forget he is only 19, and will improve. By the way, I've seen him a play a couple of times this season and he seems to offer far more than solano has done for them.

milner is quality....

if he works on his distribution, he will be a superb player...

he had the second best assist rating in the league last year, in a train wreck of a side and with his wayward crossing, so hes not too shabby....

but it can be improved, and if he does improve his crossing, then he will be a quality winger..

milner is quality....

if he works on his distribution, he will be a superb player...

he had the second best assist rating in the league last year, in a train wreck of a side and with his wayward crossing, so hes not too shabby....

but it can be improved, and if he does improve his crossing, then he will be a quality winger..

That's a big if, in my opinion, because last year his crossing was dreadful. I still think he's more left footed than right in all honesty, and although I wouldn't be against him joining the Villa, because of the fact he is still young and a good prospect, rather than the solution to our right-sided problems, I personally think we need a better right winger than him (if we are to be playing 442).

Worth repeating. Milner has years of good football ahead of him and would be a great signing imo.

If someone said to me do you want Milner or SWP then without a doubt id be going for SWP!

James Milner is a good player and i have always thought that but if we got SWP he would bust a gut to show Jose Mourinho and to get back into the england side and i have no doubt that he would be awesome!