Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still rate Beckham as a player and think he would be great for Villa for so many reasons (statement of intent, merchandising & profile, his right foot) but I just don't see it happening.

I don't think Beckham, with the huge media circus that surrounds him, is the 'type' of player MON likes or traditionally seems to sign. Not saying he won't want superstars and top quality players, but i think that everything that goes with Beckahm would just be too much.

Plus, he'd probably want at least 80k a week if not more, so would blow the wage structure out of the water and maybe piss off some of the other players as well. Better to put that money towards a transfer fee and lower wages of an SWP IMO

How many of our current squad would moan at paying Beckham loads of money rather than sit there gawping at him on the pitch and in the dressing room and thinking, **** me, we've got Beckham!

No brainer. We'd be honoured beyond belief to have him at Villa if we could afford it and if he would come.

Remember Merson pinging balls to feet from all over the shop? Well, times that by five. Get a good forward like Klose and it would be a goal fest.

SWP or Beckham for the right side of midfield

And up front Klose

:lol:

Dont laugh you never know! especially with how things have gone recently!

If someone said to 6 months ago that at the start of the season we would hve Martin O'Neill as manager and a new owner i would of said fark off mate!

So never say never :winkold:

i would of said fark off mate!

How posh. :D

I do try! :winkold:

If we aquired those two then this would scare the shit out of any team!

----------------------Klose-------------------------Baros-------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----Barry---------Petrov-----------------------McCann---------------Beckham----------

Topic - Beckham

Minus points;

Media attention

History with MANURE

Lack of pace

Lack of technical ability besides striking the ball

Not a great header of the ball

A superstar - so may unsettle the dressing room

Not a great tackler

Petrov has the No.7

Pro's

Immediate ROI

He creates goals

Works his socks off - big tick with MON

Great mentor for the younger players - i.e Milner (please) and Abonglahor

Still the best free kicker in the world (better than solano and how much do we miss him)

Will free up Angel to score rather than assist

Likes 'man bags'

In my opinion (sorry - IMO) there would be nothing wrong with paying him £80k a week for 2 seasons..... BRING IT ON!!!! (to quote Family Guy)

PS - I have a wierd feeling Klose would do **** all for us in the premiership. Think Davor Suker...................

Imagine Beckham whipping in crosses for Juampi to stick his head on?

might need the crossbar changed every day.

O'Neill made it pretty clear to see that he didn't fancy signing Beckham and wouldn't be swayed by marketing benefits! After all, look at West Spam!

Imagine Beckham whipping in crosses for Juampi to stick his head on?

might need the crossbar changed every day.

O'Neill made it pretty clear to see that he didn't fancy signing Beckham and wouldn't be swayed by marketing benefits! After all, look at West Spam!

yeah, but imagine beckham whipping us all in whipped cream and making everyone beautiful in 'police' sunglasses and fake tans. yeah baby.

----------------------Klose-------------------------Baros-------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----Barry---------Petrov-----------------------McCann---------------Beckham----------

Couldn't scare a 5 yr old at the minute.

Couldn't scare a 5 yr old at the minute.

i love villa

i dont love baros

his attitude isnt with the team. rather like tevez at eastlondonuptonpark