Morale

juanpabloangel18

Just thinking about the players rumoured to not see eye to eye with McLeish this season.

Whilst feuds have not been as public as last season, it definitely feels like a large amount of senior players are unhappy with McLeish, or perhaps just Villa generally (who could blame them).

With relegation a clear possibility, it is important that we have a united squad who are all fighting for each other.

N'Zogbia - 'first time in my career not enjoying football' tweet, etc

Ireland - swearing at Eck on the pitch

Gabby - mostly just hearsay from 'ITKs', Sunderland rumours

Collins - Swansea rumours

Warnock - Murmurs of him wanting to leave

Frankly, the way the club has been run for the last 2 years, I wouldn't be surprised if they all handed in requests over summer - even Gabby. They are all professionals and, in most cases, deserve to be at a well-ran club with decent management.

If I was a player under McStupid I would want out.You are not going to end up a better player under his management,the club will win **** all,all you will hear about is how other players are better than you and you will probably have to play out of position.So what would the advantages be to play under a manager like this ?

The main problem we have is that we've a significant amount of first teamers who couldn't actually give a shit, the likes of Dunne,Collins and Warnock would rather be elsewhere or out on the piss rather than being a good professional and acting responsibly.

Admittedly Collins has improved as of late, as well as Warnock. Doesn't hide the fact that Warnock hates it here and Collins is a piss head.

It has very little to do with Peter Grant IMO, i see him having to dole out a few bollockings to seniors and they don't like it, of course they had similar complaints about not liking McAllister last year.

Isn't Peter Grant a huge issue

peter grant is a big problem. he was a big problem at small heath also.

Can someone enlighten us as to why he is perceived as a problem?

unpopular with the players. always very critical and very rarely gives praise. one of the ex blues payers i know said he was a mini Hitler and basically unapproachable and quite rude. Nobody has any respect for him.

He is very much like the hard line school teacher that we all had that everybody thought was a word removed

Just thinking about the players rumoured to not see eye to eye with McLeish this season.

Whilst feuds have not been as public as last season, it definitely feels like a large amount of senior players are unhappy with McLeish, or perhaps just Villa generally (who could blame them).

With relegation a clear possibility, it is important that we have a united squad who are all fighting for each other.

N'Zogbia - 'first time in my career not enjoying football' tweet, etc

Ireland - swearing at Eck on the pitch

Gabby - mostly just hearsay from 'ITKs', Sunderland rumours

Collins - Swansea rumours

Warnock - Murmurs of him wanting to leave

Frankly, the way the club has been run for the last 2 years, I wouldn't be surprised if they all handed in requests over summer - even Gabby. They are all professionals and, in most cases, deserve to be at a well-ran club with decent management.

Sorry, but that hardly adds up to a player revolt. It's just niggles that are par for the course.

Now if we had a player going to sulk in Argentina for months, after the manager has said he'll never play for the club again; one who fights with his team mates on the pitch and who the manager says he can't trust; the manager and captain openly disagreeing in the club website...etc.

THEN you would have something worth posting about!

I maybe wrong but I think Morale looks decent, I'm sure it's got a lot to do with all the kids in the squad but even Warnock celebrated with the team yesterday, looked visibly happy when Weimann scored. Go back to when Weimann scored against Fulham and he didn't even go to the celebrating crowd, just went and stood in his LB position ready for the restart.

Yes. Some people make stuff up then pass it off as fact.

Yea that's something I noticed - the celebrations of some of the senior players make it seem like they're not bothered. My girlfriends dad said to me rumours are circulating that as soon as we're mathematically safe Lerner is selling up. = Qatari's :)

Yea that's something I noticed - the celebrations of some of the senior players make it seem like they're not bothered. My girlfriends dad said to me rumours are circulating that as soon as we're mathematically safe Lerner is selling up. = Qatari's :)

Yeah I wouldn't read to much in to them tbh. People have been saying this for ages, I remember in November that we are going to be bought in february. That never happened, then I heard rumours we are going to be bought in April, Well it could still happen but we are sitting here on the 10th of April and doesn't look to likely.. But you can always hope and pray for a miracle right.

to be honest, morale is always going to be shit when you're sitting so low down the league,..but i do agree that the team doesn't seem as unified and as passionate as they have the past couple of years. you look at players like laursen...you could never ever fault his passion. when ashley young was here....his and gabby's relationship and lust for the game brought a "brothers in arms" type of feel to our games. throughout the whole of the 2008/2009 season you just went to those games, watched those games and really felt like this was a TEAM. maybe it was all pretense and players like young, like milner...maybe they all seemed passionate beause they were trying to impress the manchester scouts. the only "big" player we lost recently that i felt never really gave a crap was downing...but even though he got his big move to liverpool he still doesnt appear to care so that was no big loss :P fast forward to now, though, and you get the impression that it's only really petrov and gabby that still gave a crap. and now petrov is out of the loop...you just wonder...who is there to fight anymore? who is there left that looks at our badge and thinks... "i need this club to do well. i need it's fans to be happy." and i think there in lies the problem. a whole heap of players wishing they wernt here, a whole heap that went past their useful date in 2007....and a whole heap of players that if we go down will just shrug their shoulders, and in the words of dave grohl, would be "done, done, and onto the next one..."

Â