Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He hasnt done anything at City that Mancini or Pellegrini have done before. He was brought in to win the Champions League not to win leagues, that should be a guarantee with the money they spend. Is it 400 million I read on defenders

This is his 6th season in England they should have won it by now. 

Even Roberto Di Matteo managed it 😅

• Haha 2

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Not sure winning the league (beating Liverpool, one of the best 21st century teams) and reaching final stages of the CL on numerous occasions could be considered as fraud. 

I think we are underestimating what an achievement winning the CL is.

And don't tell me he spent a gazillion trying to do it. Liverpool, Juventus, PSG also spend a lot of money. It's just a tough competition to win. 

He is not a fraud.

No manager has had the funds he's had. 

He's an absolute fraud. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

He's an absolute fraud. 

Its actually the highlight of my season when he gets shown up in the Champions League 

Tottenham, Lyon, Monaco have knocked them out. Chelsea last season I wouldnt call a great Chelsea team and now the Real Madrid Dads Army team

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He hasnt done anything at City that Mancini or Pellegrini have done before.

Yes, he has. He has won more domestic trophies, and turned them into a juggernaut who are constantly in a 2-horse race for titles. Back when Mancini and Pellegrini were in charge, they won far fewer matches and finished further down the table more frequently.

It's just dishonest to ignore this and pretend it's 'nothing'.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Hes won a load domestically but the city owenership don't care about that since the first. They want the big bauble and every year they don't get it is great

disagree to an extent

man city's owners will want growth, they will need the club to be bigger, to increase their global stature, winning the CL will obviously see that jump but id still say pep has put them firmly at the top table

they've also overtaken man utd for commercial income under pep, that's helped by their dodgy nothing to see here sponsorship deals but that is still absolutely massive as a statement 

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, he has. He has won more domestic trophies, and turned them into a juggernaut who are constantly in a 2-horse race for titles. Back when Mancini and Pellegrini were in charge, they won far fewer matches and finished further down the table more frequently.

you're wasting your time

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's an absolute fraud. 

adjust it for league spending and id make a pretty decent argument about fergie benefitting from man utds financial disparity over the rest of the league

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How much did those managers get to spend in comparison? 

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's an absolute fraud. 

Except for the Man Utd managers. And they’re a joke

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yep this. 

The mental gymnastics people do to try and pretend Pep isn’t a good manager are hilarious. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

adjust it for league spending and id make a pretty decent argument about fergie benefitting from man utds financial disparity over the rest of the league

I don't think it's that close. Fergie had the class of 92, which cost nothing as well. 

Pep has the most expensive player in league history as a back up. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yep this. 

The mental gymnastics people do to try and pretend Pep isn’t a good manager are hilarious. 

He's a very good manager. 

But he's not the god like, game changing guy people make him out to be. That's why he's a fraud. He's just a good manager. 

He's had every advantage possible in every league he's managed in. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

How much did those managers get to spend in comparison? 

Loads?

I'm not going to waste my time going back through past transfer windows to 'prove' the absolutely obvious and banal point that Manchester **** City have had vast amounts of money spent on them over the last 14 years.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Loads?

I'm not going to waste my time going back through past transfer windows to 'prove' the absolutely obvious and banal point that Manchester **** City have had vast amounts of money spent on them over the last 14 years.

Of course they spent. 

But is it a real surprise that when a manager spends a billion plus on his squad they get better?

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But is it a real surprise that when a manager spends a billion plus on his squad they get better?

No. Did I write anything at all that suggested it was a real surprise?

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think it's that close. Fergie had the class of 92, which cost nothing as well. 

Pep has the most expensive player in league history as a back up. 

But when pep had la maisa it's a stick to beat him with 😜

Â