Speeding

JMilnereatsnails

I got done for speeding, on a snowboard.

I thought I read somewhere that they put speed limits in place on some slopes in Switzerland .. was there a rozzer hiding behind a tree with a camera like the sneaky buggers do on the roads here

Yup it's true.

It basically happened because i was going to fast in an area aroud "normals" eg non professionals. To which i argued, surely the fact i am a professional and therefore more skillful, i am LESS likely to screw up and potentially crash into someone.

Argument Win.

I can too. Maybe you're just defective Mike? :P Like a vertigo sufferer telling people to try and stand on one leg cuz it can't be done :)

i think it depends how hard you hold your nose

I can hum whilst holding it but at a certain point it's no longer possible (for me a least)

i always assumed by now car manufacturers could get a speed more accurate than 10 %

but I've had my Garmin in the car before and it's shown a more accurate speed than the car speedo ( at least it's my understanding the garmin was /is the more accurate of the 2

i always assumed by now car manufacturers could get a speed more accurate than 10 %
Of course they can but it's legally safer for them to err on the side of caution. It stops questions even being asked of them if you're done for speeding.

Yes a good point is your sat nav speed more accurate than your speedo? I cant see how it can be after all, those satellites are in space and shit!

I find my sat nav has about a 1 sec lag on the speed of the vehicle and its usually about 10 meters further back on the road than it actually is. This is the sort of stuff most people wouldn't even notice but doing what I do, I do tend to notice. A speedo should be instantaneous

Here's the actual ACPO guidelines on the 10%+2 thang btw

• 2 weeks later...
Got the good news from Kent's Finest this morning.39 in a 30.

Speed awareness here I come. :(

I did my speed awareness course last week and I was pretty impressed with it. I was surprised how much i was not clear on.

The newly saved me then drove to Holland and back through the weekend, not exceeding the speed limit off motorway, and no going above 80mph on the motorway.

One instant benefit was my fuel consumption rising from 41.6 to 49.8mpg!

I'm glad that i listened!

Â