London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

But it doesn’t remove the question and the scepticism.

Well then in reality there's nowhere else you can really take a discussion if people won't accept someone's innocence.

But surely you can see why?

I can, but only up to the point where she is proven clean, which she has been. At which point someone has to concede, however begrudgingly. You more than most must be frustrated trying to defend clean cyclists from suspicion. Not all cyclists and not all swimmers are dirty, even if they win.

As I said she’s passed all the tests at the Olympics, and I presuming all previous tests. So she’s innocent of taking drugs. The problem comes from the background she comes from and her previous performances. It was silly of the coach to come out with it. But its his right, and certainly people behind the scenes will be voicing that opinion.

Unfortunately in sport drugs avoidance has become an art; and now we have the spectre of micro doping. I am cynical through the experience of following cycling, swimming and athletics closely and seeing the reality of doping.

As I said she’s passed all the tests at the Olympics, and I presuming all previous tests. So she’s innocent of taking drugs.

Exactly
The problem comes from the background she comes from and her previous performances.
So being Chinese counts against her. As for previous performances, she's 16.
It was silly of the coach to come out with it. But its his right, and certainly people behind the scenes will be voicing that opinion.
No he was right to come out with it, but once debunked he should shut up at that point. While people are entitled to have an opinion, they are not entitled to have that opinion taken seriously or acted upon if there isn't a shred of evidence to back it up. Fast performances aren't, in and of themselves, evidence of cheating.

In other news, we need to invest in school sports

Olympics 'dominated by privately educated'

I can see their point, but it'd be interesting to see the proportion at the end of the games. Sports such as sailing, rowing and especially equestrian are typically seen as the preserve of the wealthy, but a few medals in the track and field might even it up a tad.

In other news, we need to invest in school sports

Olympics 'dominated by privately educated'

I can see their point, but it'd be interesting to see the proportion at the end of the games. Sports such as sailing, rowing and especially equestrian are typically seen as the preserve of the wealthy, but a few medals in the track and field might even it up a tad.

Didn’t it say that 50% of the rowers came from non-private schools...

Really?
Yeah, a quick google and a read assumes you mean a Christopher Hitchens who seemed not to suffer fools. But yeah other than that - "buh?" :)

Â