Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Stating the obvious, this weekend is crucial for me.

If we get at least a point out of WBA and Bolton, Wigan, QPR & Blackburn all get beat. I will be confident we will stay up.

I am worryingly more confident of all those other results than us getting a point.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we've now reached a tipping point. I don't think there's any coming back for Eck now. I think it's only a matter of time before he's gone. Very much sooner rather than later. In one week the landscape has massively changed. It has gone from being solely a vocal minority to being an angry majority coupled with a distinct turn in media focus and an O/S statement which at the very least proves it's now on their radar. Short of between 7-9pts from the run-in I think he's gone this summer. Let's just hope the next guy will be planning for a Premier League season.

Can the board afford to pay him off? I assume he was singned up for more than 1 season?

£2mill a year for 2 more years, so £4mill left on his contract.

i'd guess that they'll negotiate a settlement of £2mill-ish.

personally, i'd sack him for gross negligence if he relegates us... but you know how tribunals are always siding with the employee (see MON), we'd probably have to pay him off anyway at a later date.

I did my owne calculations before and came up with this. ( bear in mind that Chelski and Spurs are going for european places and I figure Newcastle still have a point to prove ) so based on this I come up with.

Wigan 43 points

QPR 37 points

Bolton 37 points

Villa 37 points

Blackburn 34 points

Wolves ---------

So 1 point from our last 3 games will do,but that will not be as easy as it sounds.Vs WBA we will lose as WBA will love nothing better than to add to our misery.Vs Spurs we will throw in the towell before the game even starts because they are an "elite" team.So that leaves Norwich at Carrow road.We MUST get a draw on the last day .

I had an eerie feeling when we employed him - it felt like when the Tories came in with the recession.

It seemed as though we needed to make cuts after the MON period. That's why they got McLeish knowing we'd hate him, a temporary measure to get the costs down. However... I'd only expect this to be a year thing.

I know they said he was on a three year contract, but is there a chance he only got a one year contract? (WISHFUL THINKING)

I had an eerie feeling when we employed him - it felt like when the Tories came in with the recession.

It seemed as though we needed to make cuts after the MON period. That's why they got McLeish knowing we'd hate him, a temporary measure to get the costs down. However... I'd only expect this to be a year thing.

I know they said he was on a three year contract, but is there a chance he only got a one year contract? (WISHFUL THINKING)

Lol I am pretty sure the tories will be in for a long time to come.. Remind me how Did Labour have in power?

I just hope its not the same with McLeish!

Haha, well without too much political talk.

I think a main reason they got in, was this idea (some may say a realisation) that cuts needed to be made. I think this is a similar sort of situation, or at least a similar motivation.

Lol I am pretty sure the tories will be in for a long time to come.. Remind me how Did Labour have in power?

YEAH sometimes the better the devil you know,Labour never brought it a double dip recession like the Tories just like they have smashed the future with our youth by making universities more elite and more for the middle classes...

YEAH sometimes the better the devil you know,Labour never brought it a double dip recession like the Tories just like they have smashed the future with our youth by making universities more elite and more for the middle classes...

To be honest it was labour that put us in recession in the first place, with there constant over spending and plunging us into debt for the past 15 years, they simply spent way too much, if they were still in now we would be like greece ;)

But lets get back on top lol, enough politics bores the shit out of me haha..

I think o'neil just needed a tighter regulations on the players he could bring in...

I still stand by the fact that 37 points will see us safe. One more draw and we should be fine. Yes, it'd be nice to win a game and secure it, but I just can't see Blackburn or QPR catching us if we get another point.

QPR have got to be massive underdogs away at Spurs and Man City, and we're assuming they beat Stoke, which certainly isn't a gimme.

We'll finish 17th and stay up on goal difference.

Just reading back some of the comments from posters back in late January when this thread was started.

One poster even questioned why this thread was even started and so many were confident that we would not be in a relegation fight and would finish mid table. One poster, and he/she knows to whom I refer to, even commented that we were as close to Arsenal challenging for the Champions League as we was to relegation in some misguided belief I guess that we had more chance of the former than the latter.

I wonder how those posters feel now when they think back to some of the comments that they made and the criticism that they gave to posters who could see further than the end of their nose?

What worries me is Spurs have gone right off the boil and face Bolton and QPR as well as us. Chelsea will also have all eyes on the CL final as the league is irrelevant for them now as stated elsewhere and they have QPR Saturday which QPR will be right up for.

What worries me is Spurs have gone right off the boil and face Bolton and QPR as well as us. Chelsea will also have all eyes on the CL final as the league is irrelevant for them now as stated elsewhere and they have QPR Saturday which QPR will be right up for.

How is the league irrelevant to Chelsea. Unless I've missed something if they lose in the final they need top four to qualify next year. Bayern Munich in their backyard is not going to be easy.

Let's have a look at the run in with a few predictions:

Blackburn (31):

Spurs (A) - 0

Wigan (H) - 1

Chelsea (A) - 0

Total Points: 32

Bolton (33):

Sunderland (A) - 1

Tottenham (H) - 0

West Brom (H) - 3

Stoke (A) - 1

Total Points: 38

Wigan (34):

Newcastle (H) - 0

Blackburn (A) - 1

Wolves (H) - 3

QPR (34):

Chelsea (A) - 1

Stoke (H) - 3

Man City (A) - 0

So I think we'll need two points. We really need to get something out of West Brom at the weekend. Sadly, at the moment, I'm seeing this:

Villa (36):

West Brom (A) - 0

Spurs (H) - 0

Norwich (A) - 1

Total Points: 37

But hey, if there's one thing we can be certain of it's that those won't be the results. It's going to be one hell of a ride.