Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I think its time to put all this crap about not coming to VP because of Mcleish, behind you for the last couple of games and get behind the team. They're going to need us, more than you think.

The fans have been behind the team all season and look where we are.

There is only so much that positive chanting can achieve.

Apart from the 1000's that don't turn up each week because of a manager. Don't get me wrong in no way am i defending him, i think he's a prick and wished he would get fired already, but its a case of the empty seats need to be filled to support the lads.

There is absolutely no chance of persuading people to part with their hard earned cash in an economically constrained society to sit and watch crap for 90 minutes.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want this Bolton game to come. Biggest game for years. As it is Wolves cant mathematically cant catch us. Blackburn would have to get 7 or 9 points to catch us, and still have to go to Stamford Bridge. So a draw against Bolton and Villa can officially claim safety in my opinion.

I think its time to put all this crap about not coming to VP because of Mcleish, behind you for the last couple of games and get behind the team. They're going to need us, more than you think.

Apart from the 1000's that don't turn up each week because of a manager. Don't get me wrong in no way am i defending him, i think he's a prick and wished he would get fired already, but its a case of the empty seats need to be filled to support the lads.

There is absolutely no chance of persuading people to part with their hard earned cash in an economically constrained society to sit and watch crap for 90 minutes.

Clearly, that's not the case. 30,000+ still do it every week.

Clearly, that's not the case. 30,000+ still do it every week.

I was referring to those that choose to stay away because of McLeish as per the posting made by KjParton.

I just want this Bolton game to come. Biggest game for years. As it is Wolves cant mathematically cant catch us. Blackburn would have to get 7 or 9 points to catch us, and still have to go to Stamford Bridge. So a draw against Bolton and Villa can officially claim safety in my opinion.

:lol:

This is a bit far fetched.. but - whats the financial stats like when you get relegated? I mean, would it benefit RL to `let' us get relegated so it triggers a load of relegation clauses in contracts and lose a load of cash from the wage budget? Obviously we know the wage bill is a major concern to him so I just cant help but think that relegation would not be a problem for him.

Again, not sure on the losses due to relegation, the question is would they outweigh the `benefits' of losing high earners from the payroll?

Im trying to laugh this idea off in my own head, but I just cant help but think RL is more interested in the financial side of things than the actual football..

Troon Villain. Why not elaborate rather then laugh. Or are you one of the forum members peeing your pants every night that the club is going down. If the Bolton game is a draw, that will be 6 point gap to them with 3 to play. Wolves cant catch us and Blackburn are way behind.

Troon Villain. Why not elaborate rather then laugh. Or are you one of the forum members peeing your pants every night that the club is going down. If the Bolton game is a draw, that will be 6 point gap to them with 3 to play. Wolves cant catch us and Blackburn are way behind.

I think he's laughing at the fact that you stated that something was official and your opinion in the same sentence.

lets go **** mental...

I wouldn't think that any of our players have relegation clauses in their contracts? Don't forget that Europe was our goal according to our chief exec!!

Yeah true.. Im pretty sure it would be a standard clause in everyones contract these days would it not? Especially for big earners..