Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Bolton have a nice easy run in, us, Sunderland, stoke, west brom and spurs

11 points may well be achieved

How is 11 points even possible from 4 games?

It's not but the fact that Bolton have 5 games left means it is.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things for people slating my Bolton predictions:

- They have 5 games left, 15 pts to play for

- 2 games in hand which is psychologically massive

- All winnable games for them on paper when the urgency of a relegation scrap is taken into account

- their last 6 games they have taken 10pts, so 11 from their next 5 games isn't that unfeasible during the final push

- out of all teams I was probably most generous to them, but even if you swap one of the wins for a loss they'd still be above us in that prediction table!! So they only need 2 wins + 2 draws, or 3 wins from 5.... They could easily beat us, stoke and WBA for instance. Especially if one of those games they get a visit from Mr Muamba to give them a pep talk prior...

Lose against Bolton and it's not them we'll scrapping with I fear, but us vs QPR for that final spot.

A few things for people slating my Bolton predictions:

- They have 5 games left, 15 pts to play for

- 2 games in hand which is psychologically massive

- All winnable games for them on paper when the urgency of a relegation scrap is taken into account

- their last 6 games they have taken 10pts, so 11 from their next 5 games isn't that unfeasible during the final push

- out of all teams I was probably most generous to them, but even if you swap one of the wins for a loss they'd still be above us in that prediction table!! So they only need 2 wins + 2 draws, or 3 wins from 5.... They could easily beat us, stoke and WBA for instance. Especially if one of those games they get a visit from Mr Muamba to give them a pep talk prior...

Lose against Bolton and it's not them we'll scrapping with I fear, but us vs QPR for that final spot.

Bolton have 1 game in hand, it's against Spurs, if that's winnable for them it's also winnable for us. Bolton have lost 21 games out of 33 and you feel they are now good enough to win 3 from 5, it's difficult to see where that increase in form is going to come from, yesterday was probably one of their easier fixtures and they only drew.

Bolton have 1 game in hand, it's against Spurs, if that's winnable for them it's also winnable for us. Bolton have lost 21 games out of 33 and you feel they are now good enough to win 3 from 5, it's difficult to see where that increase in form is going to come from, yesterday was probably one of their easier fixtures and they only drew.

There's no 'increase' in form needed.. in their last 6 games Bolton have won 3, drawn 1 & lost 2... if you were to repeat that over the next 6 (albeit 5 left) they would stay up.

Bolton also don't do 'draws' - yes they drew this weekend but that was only their 3rd this season. Bolton have won more games than us and if they keep that up they will get more points...

IF Bolton beat us I firmly believe they'll stay up.

Just done the predictor and had us finish 17th with 37 points above QPR on G/D and Blackburn on 34 points.

Our only point coming at home to Bolton on Tuesday. Anything more than this will be a bonus.

TBH if we manage 1 draw and 4 defeats (or worse) from our final 5 games we will most likely be the worst team in 2012 and will deserve to go down.

I bet this was part of Randy's 5-year plan.

On the flip-side, I'd still much rather be in our position than any of the teams around us at the moment.

There's no 'increase' in form needed.. in their last 6 games Bolton have won 3, drawn 1 & lost 2... if you were to repeat that over the next 6 (albeit 5 left) they would stay up.

The 3 games they won were against QPR, Wolves and Blackburn. Even with that run of games, they've still only managed 10 points in 6 games, yet you believe they'll now achieve 11 in 5 games. Not a chance, even if they beat us.

Bolton also don't do 'draws' - yes they drew this weekend but that was only their 3rd this season. Bolton have won more games than us and if they keep that up they will get more points...

IF Bolton beat us I firmly believe they'll stay up.

That probably makes some sort of sense on Planet CI

I've always laughed at these people predicting 1 point from the remaining games, especially as weve only lost 3 games from sides outside the top 6 all season and the West Brom defeat was purly down to the worst refereeing decision I've ever whitnessed.

People need to stop judging other teams by our own low standards

The others are battling and winning games, including wins against elite sides

What elite sides have Bolton beaten then? Our own low standards have been enough to put us 6 points ahead of Bolton this season (albeit with 1 game in hand).