Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valenica has scored.

Blackburn have played their hearts out but I still think they're going down.

Their last 3 games are Spurs and Chelsea away and Wigan at home. I can see them losing all three games.

That's actually a point people are missing, the penultimate game of the season is Blackburn v Wigan. I really can't see a way the loser of that game is going to stay up.

Mantis, GED is part of our downfall as he set the whole club on a downward trajectory

He talked the club down constantly, he thought we were lucky to have him, he lowered the bar

In short he was an arrogant out of touch prick

Mantis, GED is part of our downfall as he set the whole club on a downward trajectory

He talked the club down constantly, he thought we were lucky to have him, he lowered the bar

In short he was an arrogant out of touch prick

Err, no he didn't. :|

So come on, explain. I want to know how our low morale and lack of motivation right now in April 2012 is a result of Houllier who hasn't managed us properly since April 2011.

Oh, and if you want to talk about talking the club down, what about Alex "we have to be realistic" McLeish?

I would feel positive about climbing the table if I thought the team were playing well without getting our rewards - by the law of averages, it would only be a matter of time before we started winning games.

Yet, the performances are getting worse, the teams below are slowly creeping up, we are losing key players long-term, we are struggling to create chances let alone score, and you believe we are capable of climbing the table????

The writing is on the wall where this is heading, although I admire your positivity.

I'll be honest, I wanted Houllier gone this time last year. But not for one second did I think the alternative would be McLeish.

If I knew that then and his health would've been o.k, I'd have given Houllier another season. Again at the time I criticised him about his treatment of some of our defence but again he was spot on in that respect over Warnock and Dunne.

So come on, explain. I want to know how our low morale and lack of motivation right now in April 2012 is a result of Houllier who hasn't managed us properly since April 2011.

People still blame MON and he hasn't been here for 18 months. In fact I'm sure you were someone who blamed MoN for results last season when defending houllier.

Houllier clearly ruined our fighting spirit and confidence, it's just a shame that Lerner replaced him with a manager who made things worse.

Mcleish did improve some things. Haven't we let in less goals and gained points after going behind? Under houllier we let in more and we were pathetic once going behind.

Houllier started the downfall, Mcleish continued it and there's no one at the club with an idea how to stop it.

People still blame MON and he hasn't been here for 18 months. In fact I'm sure you were someone who blamed MoN for results last season when defending houllier.

Houllier clearly ruined our fighting spirit and confidence, it's just a shame that Lerner replaced him with a manager who made things worse.

Mcleish did improve some things. Haven't we let in less goals and gained points after going behind? Under houllier we let in more and we were pathetic once going behind.

Houllier started the downfall, Mcleish continued it and there's no one at the club with an idea how to stop it.

Nobody is/has blamed MON for poor morale/motivation, which is what we're talking about.

Little stats like points gained from being behind mean very little when we're in the exact same position we were last season. The only reason why we've gained more points from winning positions is because McLeish is a reactive manager. He sets the team up for a 0-0 draw and when the other team score (which is more often than not) THEN we finally try and score ourselves. Our performances on the whole this season have been more gutless than last season.

Nope, I don't buy this "he started the downfall" argument. We finished 9th last season, which was about right given all the had happened since the summer. I'm not saying the relegation battle last season is excusable, but the problems we're facing this season are not down to Houllier. Like I said, he wasn't here long enough to have a lasting effect, positive or negative.

This is the problem. McLeish should have been sacked in January giving the new manager enough time to turn the ship around. He will not be sacked now - this will go all the way to the bitter end.

The most concerning thing is that the general consensus from all of McLeish's previous clubs is that once it starts going downhill, he has no idea how to turn it around.

We finished 9th because GED was effectively removed from the post

(thank god he is ok by the way)

GED cannot take the glory for getting to 9th

We were like 17th when he left

If people are trying to figure out the maths then our performance this season suggests that we will win 9 games from 38... As at the moment it looks as though we win 1 in 4, so by our 32nd game we should have 1 more win, and then another by our 36th. Who knows what will happen in the final 2 games.

My mate just text me to say we should do both games next season, it will be a right laugh.... He's a Leeds fan.

How many games was GMac in charge for?

How many games was GMac in charge for?

About 10, when we coincidentally went on a decent run

But we moved up about 5 places over the last 2 games so it's a bit misleading really

I think we can safely say Wolves are going down they are on 22 points with Stoke, Arsenal, Sunderland, Man City, Swansea, Everton and Wigan to go.. To get 7 points to even overtake Wigan and Blackburn is hard enough. To get truly safe they need to win 6 of those 7 games..

Wigan have Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Fulham, Newcastle, Blackburn and Wolves.. They are on 28 points. They need 6 points to overtake us. They have a slightly easier points total, but other than Fulham, Blackburn and Wolves the rest aren't games they can win. If we get 3 more points we are out of reach of Wigan on goal difference.

Blackburn have West Brom, Liverpool, Swansea, Norwich, Tottenham, Wigan and Chelsea.. They also need 6 points to overtake us. Realistically the games they can win are West Brom, Swansea, Norwich and Wigan. If they win those 4 we may be in trouble. Though as with out of form sides like ourselves even the likes of Swansea and West Brom will be very hard matches for them.

Going by that if we by some miracle win at least 2 of our remaining 8 games we will be safe on goal difference. Win 3 of 8 we will be safe completely. Stoke, Sunderland, Bolton, West Brom and Norwich are all very winnable games.. We may even take a win from Liverpool depending which Liverpool side turns up.

Was he really in charge for 10?!

Thought it was just the last 2 for some reason...

Correction just checked it was about 5

Stoke 1-1

WBA 1-2

Wigan 1-1

Arsenal 2-1

Liverpool 1-0

GEDs last game was a 2-1 win at The Boleyn

Can you see into alternate realities?