Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually preparing myself for relegation now that way if we stay up it'll be a bonus.. No point this close to the end claiming it can't happen and then when it does being depressed and in shock.

I've never know a team finish a league season in a "false" position. What a load of nonsense.

Your opinion of course but take a look at who we played and their injuries at the time they played us. It is not nonsense, we got lucky and our current position reflects that.

I like how some posters with a downer on all things Villa will say we got lucky playing against certain teams because they had injuries. This argument can easily be turned on its head: why not say the other clubs got lucky earlier in the season (2010/11) when WE had loads of injuries? Would we have been in the position we were in if we hadn't been going through the worst injury crisis I can ever remember at Villa Park?

Some folk simply have an inferiority complex when it comes to Villa and just can't quite get their heads around the fact that Villa are capable of beating anyone. Have some belief in Villa. Loads of people on here were claiming the last two matches of last season would yield zero points...we got six...and we got them because we were simply better than the two teams we faced. Our form at the end of the season was simply superb. The team had clicked, were playing for each other and were enjoying their football. Are you telling me that a team featuring Ashley Young, Gabby, Friedel, Kyle Walker, Darren Bent and co wasn't at least as good as most of last season's top six? Of course it was. That's a quality nucleus of a side and it was more than a match for anyone - as the well deserved wins over the overrated teams you seem to put on a pedestal suggest.

Obviously, Young, Friedel and Walker have gone and we have clearly missed their quality this year. Having said that, we are still in a better position at this stage of the season than compared to last. Have a bit of faith in your club and the players and they might be able to show you just how good they really are. Please give Villa credit and stop putting other (inferior) clubs on a pedestal - with support like that no wonder we are one-nil down before a ball is even kicked. Have some belief in Villa.

I accept your opinion but please point out where i said we can't beat anyone? Please point out where i have stipulated that i am down on all things Villa? Please also point out where i said our squad wasn't capable of finishing in the top six and please also point out where i have put the teams we played against last season in our run in, on a pedestal? It would therefore be better if you actually read what i've posted instead of attacking someone for something they didn't say.

I see that you have stated our team clicked in the last two games of the season and played superb football. Really? So what happened in our previous games, but lets just brush that under the carpet to suit your opinion.

We finished 9TH due to the fact that in our run in we played teams which were weakened due to injuries. We got lucky and its about time you take the blinkers off and actually take a good hard look at what is happening to our club particularly over the past two seasons!

I am pretty sure that we are safe for this season,but take a look at this and what do you think about next season ?

W D

AVFC 7 12

B.Rovers 7 7

Bolton 8 2

Q.P.R. 6 7

Wigan 5 10

Wolves 5 7

We have only won 7 games out of 29 that is only 24% so far it is only our draws that is keeping us safe.If you take these stats and look at next season it means we will only win 9-10 games thats 27-30 points we get the rest of our points from draws, which means that we will be in the bottom 5-6 all season.

I just don't think we can afford to rest on our laurels.

There is always one team every season in the Prem that are apparently 'safe' who get sucked into a relegation dogfight.

Wigan were dead and buried last season on 27 points with 9 games to go. Yet they managed to get 15 points and stay up. Any team that can go to Liverpool and win should not be underestimated.

With regard to the rest of the teams that are struggling, there is only Wolves who I would say are dead and buried. It would take a massive ask on their part to turn it around.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Bolton turn them over this weekend.

Blackburn have already beaten Man Utd this season at Old Trafford, so a potential upset could be on the cards.

Its not over yet. We need a couple more wins and I'd say that we are safe.

I've never know a team finish a league season in a "false" position. What a load of nonsense.

Your opinion of course but take a look at who we played and their injuries at the time they played us. It is not nonsense, we got lucky and our current position reflects that.

I like how some posters with a downer on all things Villa will say we got lucky playing against certain teams because they had injuries. This argument can easily be turned on its head: why not say the other clubs got lucky earlier in the season (2010/11) when WE had loads of injuries? Would we have been in the position we were in if we hadn't been going through the worst injury crisis I can ever remember at Villa Park?

Some folk simply have an inferiority complex when it comes to Villa and just can't quite get their heads around the fact that Villa are capable of beating anyone. Have some belief in Villa. Loads of people on here were claiming the last two matches of last season would yield zero points...we got six...and we got them because we were simply better than the two teams we faced. Our form at the end of the season was simply superb. The team had clicked, were playing for each other and were enjoying their football. Are you telling me that a team featuring Ashley Young, Gabby, Friedel, Kyle Walker, Darren Bent and co wasn't at least as good as most of last season's top six? Of course it was. That's a quality nucleus of a side and it was more than a match for anyone - as the well deserved wins over the overrated teams you seem to put on a pedestal suggest.

Obviously, Young, Friedel and Walker have gone and we have clearly missed their quality this year. Having said that, we are still in a better position at this stage of the season than compared to last. Have a bit of faith in your club and the players and they might be able to show you just how good they really are. Please give Villa credit and stop putting other (inferior) clubs on a pedestal - with support like that no wonder we are one-nil down before a ball is even kicked. Have some belief in Villa.

I accept your opinion but please point out where i said we can't beat anyone? Please point out where i have stipulated that i am down on all things Villa? Please also point out where i said our squad wasn't capable of finishing in the top six and please also point out where i have put the teams we played against last season in our run in, on a pedestal? It would therefore be better if you actually read what i've posted instead of attacking someone for something they didn't say.

I see that you have stated our team clicked in the last two games of the season and played superb football. Really? So what happened in our previous games, but lets just brush that under the carpet to suit your opinion.

We finished 9TH due to the fact that in our run in we played teams which were weakened due to injuries. We got lucky and its about time you take the blinkers off and actually take a good hard look at what is happening to our club particularly over the past two seasons!

I think other teams were lucky to be playing us when we had loads of injuries at the beginning of the season.

I said our "form" was superb.

You can't say we got lucky because the opposition had injuries and then not recognize the fact that we had injuries and were in chaos at the beginning of the season - it's being incredibly selective and biased against your own team. Cut Villa some slack and apply the rules you use to judge Villa to other teams too. It's hard to take your argument seriously when you are being so uneven in your analysis of the situation.

Trouble is can anyone see where "a couple more wins" are coming from? Even a couple more points or a couple more goals is hard to see.

I know what you are saying. Our ball retention and creation of chances are almost non-existant. The other major factor are injuries to key players.

Bolton at home surely has to be 3 points. If it isn't then yes, I can't see who else we are capable of beating. But I'm sure Bolton are looking at us thinking the same thing.

My concern is if we are dragged into it with a couple of games to go, I don't seen many battlers or fighters in this team. Too many times this season we have surrendered games or been hanging on.

In most of the games we have won, it has been close. The only games where we have looked fairly comfortable have been Wigan and Blackburn at home.

I look at the teams below and can see them rallying at some point. Blackburn have been better of late, so have Bolton - inspired by the loss of Muamba, QPR have got quality players and on paper shouldn't be where they are, and Wigan have been playing well without getting results.

Its going to be close.

I think other teams were lucky to be playing us when we had loads of injuries at the beginning of the season.

You can't say we got lucky because the opposition had injuries and then not recognize the fact that we had injuries and were in chaos at the beginning of the season - it's being incredibly selective and biased against your own team. Cut Villa some slack and apply the rules you use to judge Villa to other teams too. It's hard to take your argument seriously when you are being so uneven in your analysis of the situation.

Well said Alex!

Well said Alex!

You're welcome!*modest cough*.

Trouble is can anyone see where "a couple more wins" are coming from? Even a couple more points or a couple more goals is hard to see.

Believe it or not we have 5 points from our last 4 games.

Richard wont be able to reply, he's out buying petrol.

:D

O

you know I have not one clue what you are attempting to say here probably better that way. Actually out and about tonight having a few drinks and replying by phone but there you go

O

you know I have not one clue what you are attempting to say here probably better that way. Actually out and about tonight having a few drinks and replying by phone but there you go

Hope you've got enough petrol to get home mate, the roads are a nightmare :D