Super Bowl XLVI

Tegis

Winners?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Winners?

• Patriots
    • Giants

Shannon Sharpe yesterday on Eli (paraphrasing): I know what it's like to be the second-best brother.

Presumably because his brother told him all about it.

Shannon is beyond adamant that Sterling was better.

I'm the only player, of 267 men that [have] walked through this building to my left, that can honestly say this: I'm the only pro football player that's in the Hall of Fame, and I'm the second best player in my own family.

Honestly, considering that had Sterling not had his career cut short by a neck injury (eerie...), he'd be considered the second-best WR of all time, behind Rice (which beats best TE of all time, especially since I'm not sure you could call Shannon better than Gonzalez).

Fairy nuff. I suppose he'd know. I agree WR beats TE btw, no argument there. As an aside, IMV, CB is the 2nd hardest position to play after QB.

In week 9 after the Pats lost, Belichick met Coughlin and said both teams will meet again this year.......

That just adds fuel to the conspiracy theory... after all Mara and Kraft were the key owners in ending the lockout

EDIT: I think you're thinking of 2007, kkr.

Mara told the story of how in 2007, after the Giants lost to an undefeated Patriots team in the final game of the regular season, he ran into New England coach Bill Belichick in a hallway on the way back to their respective locker rooms.

"We shook hands and congratulated him and he said, 'We'll play again.' I remember not particularly believing him. I had a pretty strong sense that they were going to get there, but I wasn't so sure about us and sure enough it happened," Mara recalled, leaving out the best part — how the Giants won the Super Bowl on Eli Manning's late heroics.

"Then he called me — I can't remember after which game it was, but it was late this season — just to say hello and congratulations for whatever game we had just won and he said, 'We'll play again,'" Mara added. "So again, I think that was met with the same bit of skepticism but he turned out to be right."

In week 9 after the Pats lost, Belichick met Coughlin and said both teams will meet again this year.......

That just adds fuel to the conspiracy theory... after all Mara and Kraft were the key owners in ending the lockout

EDIT: I think you're thinking of 2007, kkr.

Mara told the story of how in 2007, after the Giants lost to an undefeated Patriots team in the final game of the regular season, he ran into New England coach Bill Belichick in a hallway on the way back to their respective locker rooms.

"We shook hands and congratulated him and he said, 'We'll play again.' I remember not particularly believing him. I had a pretty strong sense that they were going to get there, but I wasn't so sure about us and sure enough it happened," Mara recalled, leaving out the best part — how the Giants won the Super Bowl on Eli Manning's late heroics.

"Then he called me — I can't remember after which game it was, but it was late this season — just to say hello and congratulations for whatever game we had just won and he said, 'We'll play again,'" Mara added. "So again, I think that was met with the same bit of skepticism but he turned out to be right."

Not sure where i got that from but i think someone posted it on BBI or Giants message board. It could be from 2007 i suppose. Most likely because thats one hell of a claim otherwise by Bill at week 9!

I must admit it is not lost on me that Kraft and Mara did a hell of a lot to see to the end of the lockout and whether or not there is any conspiracy there with both of their teams now in the Super Bowl. I think its more a reflection on the two Parcells disciples though and not surprising that both those two managed to bring their team together to go on a run in a post lockout NFL season.

NEW YORK GIANTS

LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), WR Hakeem Nicks (shoulder), DE Osi Umenyiora (ankle, knee), CB Corey Webster (hamstring), LB Jacquian Williams (foot)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE

TE Rob Gronkowski (ankle)

T Marcus Cannon (ankle), S Patrick Chung (knee), LB Dane Fletcher (thumb), DT Kyle Love (ankle), G Logan Mankins (knee), LB Rob Ninkovich (hip), LB Brandon Spikes (knee), T Sebastian Vollmer (illness, back, foot), WR Wes Welker (knee), LB Tracy White (abdomen)

FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

WR Deion Branch (knee), C Dan Connolly (groin), S James Ihedigbo (shoulder), T Matt Light (illness), WR Matt Slater (shoulder)

I would be very surprised if Gronk practiced before Friday, if at all. If it really is a high ankle sprain then to come back from that in 2 weeks would be miraculous. Those are the words of Marshall Faulk and Donovan McNabb on NFL Network.

Perhaps they might test it tomorrow then more rest Friday before the game. Or perhaps its not really a high ankle sprain.....

No beer here. I want to see the match properly. Otherwise I'll end up chatting with the game on in the background. I won't be putting a cent of my hard-earned on the outcome either. Too close for comfort. No, I'll just eat my bodyweight in salted snacks and pizza and wash it all down with a big bottle of pop! #rocknroll

NEW YORK GIANTS

RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), DE Osi Umenyiora (ankle, knee)

WR Hakeem Nicks (shoulder), CB Corey Webster (hamstring), LB Jacquian Williams (foot)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

T Marcus Cannon (ankle), S Patrick Chung (knee), LB Dane Fletcher (thumb), TE Rob Gronkowski (ankle), DT Kyle Love (ankle), G Logan Mankins (knee), LB Rob Ninkovich (hip), LB Brandon Spikes (knee), T Sebastian Vollmer (illness, back, foot), WR Wes Welker (knee), LB Tracy White (abdomen)

WR Deion Branch (knee), C Dan Connolly (groin), S James Ihedigbo (shoulder), T Matt Light (illness), WR Matt Slater (shoulder)

Gronk did go today on a limited basis which is good news for PATs. He will definitely play if you ask me. But how effective can he be? The last two Super Bowls two guys had a high ankle sprain going into the game. One was Pouncey last year who did not play. The other was Freeney of the Colts who played but became limited as the game went on.

Gronk has youth on his side do could heal quick time I suppose but he is going to have to play through a lot of pain and an injury that would be very easy to make worse from one miss step or dodgy placement of the foot. If it truly is a high ankle sprain.

Good to see all the Giants at practice, even Bradshaw who usually takes Wednesdays and Thursday's off.

As far as game snacks go then I will probably go down the pizza route per-game and plenty of beer and crisps for during the game but usually I don't eat during the game either. Usually more focused on getting wasted to cope with the stress!

Looks like I might just be on my own at home watching it which to be honest is what I prefer, especially with the Giants in it. Won't have time for people talking about other shit at me when the games on which would be the case with my mates and doesn't look like anyone is doing anything for it anyway do I can enjoy it all on my own as I prefer!

No beer here. I want to see the match properly. Otherwise I'll end up chatting with the game on in the background. I won't be putting a cent of my hard-earned on the outcome either. Too close for comfort. No, I'll just eat my bodyweight in salted snacks and pizza and wash it all down with a big bottle of pop! #rocknroll

Yeah, I'm torn between a loud bar and concentrating on every little thing watching it at home....both have their positives and negatives....

Good problem to have though, I ain't working!

GO PATS!

WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

An 11PM kickoff for the U.K. audience...how many people, even people with just a passing interest stay up and watch the game over there?

Will pubs stay open late, or are people forced to watch it at home?

Â