Super Bowl XLVI

Tegis

Winners?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Winners?

• Patriots
    • Giants

AP

Rob Lowe may have been wrong about Peyton Manning, but Gordie Gronkowski was right on the money regarding his son.

Per a league source, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski indeed has a “classic” high ankle sprain.  The source says that Gronkowski, who didn’t practice last week, probably won’t practice at all before the game.

But the source believes Gronkowski will play, even though it’s currently believed that he’ll need arthroscopic surgery on the ankle after the game.

Of course, Gronkowski’s ability to play and his effectiveness during the game are two different issues.  Even if, as expected, the All-Pro, record-setting tight end suits up (and likely shoots up), he could be limited by the swelling and structural damage to the ligaments.

Toradol to the rescue!

He went back into the game last weekend so I don't think there is any doubt he plays in the Super Bowl.

High ankle sprains can be tough to play on though, more so for cutting and changing direction so I think he might be in blocking more than he is running routes.

They call the NFL a copy cat league so I think with these two teams in the Super Bowl then pass rushers and TE's will be in high demand during free agency and the draft. Oh and elite clutch QBs also!

Did you see the press conferences yesterday Levi? One German reporter was asking Belichick about Vollmer and if he would play. He said all of Germany will be behind the PATs! Krauts!

Just looked at my upcoming recordings and saw that there will be an NFL Turning Point this week (there hadn't been one since week 17... basically they only do them for the weeks before NBC games like this year's Super Bowl).

It's 50/50 as to whether it's Peyton or Eli on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week... I wouldn't be surprised if it's Eli with Peyton in the shadows.

Shannon Sharpe yesterday on Eli (paraphrasing): I know what it's like to be the second-best brother.

Presumably because his brother told him all about it.

Â