Diane Abbott

TheDrums

Is there a more annoying, unlikeable politician than Miss. Abbott? I dislike Cameron and co, but this woman really does top the list of cretins.

This woman is nothing more than a snide, racist hypocrite. Her entire career has been based on the colour of her skin and the fact everyone is supposedly out to get her.

We then have todays quotes about whites and her refusal to admit white parents could be just as good parents as west Indian parents. Cameron and co are "rich, white boys". How she gets away with it beyond me. She's only elected in Hackney based on the fact it has a large multicultural population, as it surely cannot be down to her policies and beliefs with the working class. She's that in touch with her common ethnic kinship that she sends her children to private school.

This clip however, is absolutely brilliant. Watch her squirm.

Racism works both ways. If a white labour/cons/lib MP made similar comments, they'd be lynched by the media and forced to resign.

Also, really how stupid and idiotic can she be?!? To make comments of a sensitive nature on a week like this after all the horrendous Lawrence Murders.

I have no respect for Ms Abbott, not simply because of her politics but because she is untouchable.

It is impossible for me as a white male to respond to any of her arguements without her immediately portraying me as a racisit misogynist.

Nothing will ever change in this country until the colour of someones skin becomes an irrelevance - to everyone. Whilst we continue to permit the segregation of society on the grounds of colour, women like Ms Abbott will continue to flourish in their "careers."

give her a £100,000 fine and ban her for 8 matches

Blatter says shaking hands will do it :lol:

Great debate on this on Radio 5 Live yesterday with a Black campaigner defending her using previous racist comments by scholers in the past and that she had said sorry (eventually) but even black people rang up to say that she was being racist.

She says some stupid things and it seems obvious that she sees the world in an 'us vs them' mindset which surely cant be helpful to create unity? Also, this is ammo for the BNP and others to create fault lines where none should be.

On the other side of the argument, you would struggle to find many white people genuinely hurt and offended by what she said. The reason for that is because there is not the history of white people being oppressed by a different race in our consciousness.

It is so easy to fall into the mistake of thinking "I'm not offended by being called a 'white _____ ' so why should a black person be".

to be honest I thought her statement was nothing really and had it not been for the Lawrence case it wouldn't even have made headlines

it was kind of akin to something Clarkson would say ..and if people want to be offended by Clarkson they invariably find something to be offended by when he opens his mouth

She does have previous , calling Cameron (and Clegg ?) Posh white boys ... I don't recall any outrage over that statement at the time ? so it probably is more to do with timing than content

but I should imagine the twitter campaigns will start and she will soon be hounded out ....

to be honest I thought her statement was nothing really and had it not been for the Lawrence case it wouldn't even have made headlines

it was kind of akin to something Clarkson would say ..and if people want to be offended by Clarkson they invariably find something to be offended by when he opens his mouth

She does have previous , calling Cameron (and Clegg ?) Posh white boys ... I don't recall any outrage over that statement at the time ? so it probably is more to do with timing than content

but I should imagine the twitter campaigns will start and she will soon be hounded out ....

But why is it acceptable for her to call Cameron and Clegg that? If they, or I were to call her an ignorant, ill informed, over opionionated black woman, she would immediately accuse me of discrimination.

Neither remark is acceptable because of the reference to colour.

A couple of weeks back 'A Time to Kill' was on the box, and the TV info blurb read 'A black man's daughter is raped and left for dead by two rednecks'.

Clearly the word 'redneck' is a pejorative term for whites, just as other words are pejorative towards blacks. Why is one acceptable and the other is not?

Personally, I don't believe we should have race laws. I feel people making racist remarks do themselves more harm that those they address.

Incidentally, and this is not a rhetorical question, can anyone explain to me why John Terry is to be prosecuted, but Suarez is not. I must have missed something, as I genuinely do not get this.

But why is it acceptable for her to call Cameron and Clegg that? If they, or I were to call her an ignorant, ill informed, over opionionated black woman, she would immediately accuse me of discrimination.

Neither remark is acceptable because of the reference to colour.

I agree with you.

However, in answer to why it doesn't cause as much of a fuss is because of what I mentioned above. You have to look at the history involved before you can understand the affect that comment would have on your average black person compared with your average white person.

Incidentally, and this is not a rhetorical question, can anyone explain to me why John Terry is to be prosecuted, but Suarez is not. I must have missed something, as I genuinely do not get this.

It is because a member of the public watching the game on TV heard Terry's insult to Anton. They rang the police and the police are then bound to start an investigation. Once they have finished the FA will start their own investigation and hand out fines/bans etc

No one heard Suarez, or at least no one complained to the police about him so they never got involved.

A couple of weeks back 'A Time to Kill' was on the box, and the TV info blurb read 'A black man's daughter is raped and left for dead by two rednecks'.

The real crime here is that Matthew McConaughey keeps getting work.

thats a decent film

No one heard Suarez, or at least no one complained to the police about him so they never got involved.

Sorry, I don't see how that can be... at the very least Evra (?) must have heard him... if not how did the story ever get out?

Obviously Evra heard him but Evra didn't go to the Police about it so they didn't get involved.

That advert for aftershave annoys me.

Oh Diane Abbott annoys me too. It is the fact she talks a lot without saying anything!

Sorry, I don't see how that can be... at the very least Evra (?) must have heard him... if not how did the story ever get out?

Obviously Evra heard him but Evra didn't go to the Police about it so they didn't get involved.

Ok, I want to get this straight... only Evra heard Suarez, so he went to the FA, but not the police.

... but a member of the public heard Terry and went to the police, even though Ferdinand didn't bother.

I'm amazed one is allowed to do that... bloody hell if I went down to my local I could have half the place arrested every day of the week.

Ok, I want to get this straight... only Evra heard Suarez, so he went to the FA, but not the police.

... but a member of the public heard Terry and went to the police, even though Ferdinand didn't bother.

I'm amazed one is allowed to do that... bloody hell if I went down to my local I could have half the place arrested every day of the week.

Yeah, I'd say you would need to get the punters at your local on camera though so it is a pretty open and shut case, like that Youtube woman. I'd recon the police wouldn't bother taking on a "he said, she said" case at a pub unless a lot of people complained about the same thing.

Yeah, I'd say you would need to get the punters at your local on camera though so it is a pretty open and shut case, like that Youtube woman. I'd recon the police wouldn't bother taking on a "he said, she said" case at a pub unless a lot of people complained about the same thing.

Extraordinary. I had no idea. What if one told a 'Rastus' joke, or an Irish joke? Can one now be arrested?

Â