Diane Abbott

TheDrums

Yeah, I'd say you would need to get the punters at your local on camera though so it is a pretty open and shut case, like that Youtube woman. I'd recon the police wouldn't bother taking on a "he said, she said" case at a pub unless a lot of people complained about the same thing.

Extraordinary. I had no idea. What if one told a 'Rastus' joke, or an Irish joke? Can one now be arrested?

You can be charged with intent to cause fear or provocation of violence. I don't think a joke like that would qualify.

Terry hase been charged with a 'a racially aggravated public order offence.' So I think his charge comes from being a public figure boardcast to millions of people.

Extraordinary. I had no idea. What if one told a 'Rastus' joke, or an Irish joke? Can one now be arrested?

You can be charged with intent to cause fear or provocation of violence. I don't think a joke like that would qualify.

The other day a muslim told me the reason some babies are born blind is that their ancestors had offended God. Do you think I can get him charged with anything?

You could give it a go. I don't think that having a daft opinion is a criminal offence though. If they had been threatening to you you'd stand a better chance.

You could give it a go. I don't think that having a daft opinion is a criminal offence though. If they had been threatening to you you'd stand a better chance.

Well I could claim that as my wife is having a baby, I am now fearful it will be born blind... and I certainly would have liked to hit the dumb moron... can I say that?

... only joking... though it does make one wonder where free speech begins and ends... a topic for another day.

I have to go out now, before the police arrive.

Is there a more annoying, unlikeable politician than Miss. Abbott? I dislike Cameron and co, but this woman really does top the list of cretins.

This woman is nothing more than a snide, racist hypocrite. Her entire career has been based on the colour of her skin and the fact everyone is supposedly out to get her.

We then have todays quotes about whites and her refusal to admit white parents could be just as good parents as west Indian parents. Cameron and co are "rich, white boys". How she gets away with it beyond me. She's only elected in Hackney based on the fact it has a large multicultural population, as it surely cannot be down to her policies and beliefs with the working class. She's that in touch with her common ethnic kinship that she sends her children to private school.

This clip however, is absolutely brilliant. Watch her squirm.

That Sir is a brilliant clip! :lol:

but a member of the public heard Terry and went to the police

as it took place on the centre circle of a pitch in a busy football stadium I somehow doubt a member of the public heard Terry .... there was video footage so I guess the complaint was made based on that

She says some stupid things and it seems obvious that she sees the world in an 'us vs them' mindset which surely cant be helpful to create unity? Also, this is ammo for the BNP and others to create fault lines where none should be.

On the other side of the argument, you would struggle to find many white people genuinely hurt and offended by what she said. The reason for that is because there is not the history of white people being oppressed by a different race in our consciousness.

It is so easy to fall into the mistake of thinking "I'm not offended by being called a 'white _____ ' so why should a black person be".

spot on summing up

life would be a lot easier if people came tagged with little labels you could reference to know whether to actually bother letting their brain farts into your conciousness

David Cameron (yes, I need to listen if not agree)

Jezza Paxman (yes, I need to listen and filter)

Diane Abbott (****)

Jeremy Clarkson (self publicising tit for juveniles)

Towie cast member (hang on, let me get a pencil and paper so I can get this down and refer back in times of moral dilemma)

As LLax mentions above, you not being offended by something doesn't automatically infer the same conditions on others. The definition of racist language is simply something perceived as being received by the recipient. That is why the use of the 'n' word in rap songs can go un commented, but somebody using a great clunking phrase like 'the whites are acting like blacks' can be rightly ridiculed and lose a media career.

Similarly, Irish jokes are not automatically racist or inflammatory. Irish and Welsh jibes mid banter during three men on a boat is family tv filler. Standing in a pub in Swansea and telling sheepshagger jokes in a cockerney accent might not be received in the same way.

Ms Abbott is a simple us vs them rabble rouser that is very clever at stirring up enough interest to keep a profile and keeping enough people on side to stay in a job. Ideally, she would also come from Liverpool and would then be the absolute winning card in chippy whinging victim mentality hypocrit top trumps.

Going slightly off-topic here (but tangentially relevant), I'm currently reading Miles Davis's autobiography, and it's full of stuff like: "Man, Charlie Parker was one bad really bad person - he played some real bad shit, man, I mean he was terrible". And it's meant as the highest form of praise - but one reader review on UK Amazon says:

"there is little in this volume that sheds any light on the creative process as Davis seems content merely to slag off his colleagues. Clearly, there are few people that he ever liked "

Funny stuff, language. :)

She says some stupid things and it seems obvious that she sees the world in an 'us vs them' mindset which surely cant be helpful to create unity? Also, this is ammo for the BNP and others to create fault lines where none should be.

On the other side of the argument, you would struggle to find many white people genuinely hurt and offended by what she said. The reason for that is because there is not the history of white people being oppressed by a different race in our consciousness.

It is so easy to fall into the mistake of thinking "I'm not offended by being called a 'white _____ ' so why should a black person be".

spot on summing up

life would be a lot easier if people came tagged with little labels you could reference to know whether to actually bother letting their brain farts into your conciousness

Diane Abbott (****)

Towie cast member (hang on, let me get a pencil and paper so I can get this down and refer back in times of moral dilemma)

As LLax mentions above, you not being offended by something doesn't automatically infer the same conditions on others. The definition of racist language is simply something perceived as being received by the recipient. That is why the use of the 'n' word in rap songs can go un commented, but somebody using a great clunking phrase like 'the whites are acting like blacks' can be rightly ridiculed and lose a media career.

Similarly, Irish jokes are not automatically racist or inflammatory. Irish and Welsh jibes mid banter during three men on a boat is family tv filler. Standing in a pub in Swansea and telling sheepshagger jokes in a cockerney accent might not be received in the same way.

Ms Abbott is a simple us vs them rabble rouser that is very clever at stirring up enough interest to keep a profile and keeping enough people on side to stay in a job. Ideally, she would also come from Liverpool and would then be the absolute winning card in chippy whinging victim mentality hypocrit top trumps.

I hereby unilaterally award you Post Of The Week. (Other posts may be available).

spot on summing up

Diane Abbott (****)

I really couldn't have put it any better.

I wonder if she thought no one else could see the message, feel sorry for the white people living in Hackney whom she is supposed to represent (and the black people for that matter!).

WTF were Labour party members and the unions voting Ed Miliband anyway? I cannot remember a more unlikeable MP. He comes across as a droning robot.

Well, maybe William Hague, wearing his hat on that rollercoaster, but Ed is certainly up there with political own goals imo.

Â