Viagogo (merged)

moggy

Viagogo not sure how they work out there fees etc. Just sold the game for Man Utd..its listed at £31 yet I get £21 then they minus fees and end up with £18 squid. Not being a mathematician seems this is taking the piss.

Bad enough charging £31 for a ticket which I guess is Market rate so fair enough but then to offer £21 for it and then commission on top for the sale. Who have Villa signed up with the Devil.

Just wondered if anyone has experienced these bandits and there views.

I think the logic is that the 21 quid is round about somewhere close to what it actually cost you as 1/19th of your season ticket price - they're never going to give you more than it cost you, otherwise people could buy a season ticket, then sell every game and make a profit.

As an alternative to getting nothing, it's something, but I doubt they do much trade, tbh. If you think of it as money back to use for next season, or something, it's not so bad, but I'm not really keen on the way middlemen and agencies make money out of the sale of tickets.

My experience of them is having to chase them to actually give me the money - they "forgot" to do it on one occasion last year.

You can get some great deals off viagogo.

Got an Arsenal ticket off there in the upper trinity for 20 quid, matchday price is 40 quid! And the Swansea game for 13 quid.

It's the way to go for non-season ticket holders who still want to go to most games imo.

• 4 months later...

dont know why we use this at all. My spurs ST holder mate says he sells his back to the club and they rack up the money from his ticket sales throughout the year and give him the money off next years ST rather than cash. i raised this to the general some time ago as it would a) reduce the number of empty seats from non-attending season ticket holders and B) increase the number of renewals.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I apologise if this has already been a topic or needs to be elsewhere, but i cant make either the Spurs or Wigan games over christmas so wondered about making my season card available on Viagogo, does anyone know if i'd have to send my season ticket to the purchaser (not keen on the idea) or would Viagogo print a ticket as a one off basis with my seat row and number.

I've trawled through Viagogos F.A.Q'S page but haven't found anything definite.

Cheers guys

Hi, this is a bit ridiculous, but can a mod please delete this thread as i have literally just this second had a phonecall from Viagogo, anwering what i needed. SORRY!!! :blush:

Or better still, could you answer your own question in here so that the next person won't have to ask again. :mrgreen:

I've missed two games this season and never even thought about using these, contrary to what the OP said (I know it was over a year ago now) I think what they gave for that game is quite good! I normally give my ticket to friends if I can't go but knowing that I'll get £15+ for a game now I won't be doing that again.

Â