Could Noah's Ark hold all the animals?

steaknchips

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet they are also immoral / of too low morals to be part of your church! Julie you are seemingly blind to the hypocrisy of this and the fact that despite your claims to the contrary you are bigoted.

Are you telling me that I wouldn't invite a gay person to my house. Don't you read posts? My flipping ex sister in law was bisexual. Was she ever NOT at my house at one point... particularly when she wanted a babysitter?

Yet they are also immoral / of too low morals to be part of your church! Julie you are seemingly blind to the hypocrisy of this and the fact that despite your claims to the contrary you are bigoted

In just the same manner as a couple who are NOT married and living together but want to become Jehovah's Witnesses have to get married if they want to get baptised.

Is that bigotry also?

So you admit despite appearance on the outside your feelings on the inside are different. At last a little honesty.

No that was what someone else posted! I just didn't put the quote marks in the correct place

The Bible says "WE ALL SIN!!"... me included..

If we all sin, then why are you (a self proclaimed sinner) allowed to be a JW, but a homosexual not?

Surely if we all sin then either everyone should get into the JW club or no one should.

Unless of course despite this whole "we all sin" thing you're bigoted against certain categories of sinners? (By you're I mean JW's in general, not just you specifically).

We are taught to show loving kindness to alll men and not to be biggotted to anyone

To show maybe, but on the inside you think they're sinners that are going against god.

(Psalm 130:3) 3 If errors were what you watch, O Jah, .... who could stand?

I mean forgive me for being bigoted, but what the **** does that even mean? **** gobeldy-gook.

Jah is the shortened version of God's name Jehovah..

That scripture is saying " if errors is what you watch God... who could stand?"

Are you ever going it answer any of my questions Julie?

You do realise, I'm agnostic. Prime for the plucking.

I did anwer your question about sin.

Then it got twisted around to make out I am somekind of bigot.

If people want to make out that sticking to Bible principles is bigotry then fine...go with it.

You might be an agnostic but you would in no way be prepared to adhere to those standards so how could you be prime for the plucking?

King David wrote that Psalm I quoted from he committed adultery with Bathsheba.... he also put her husband on the front line of battle so he would be killed.... so he could marry her and attempt to hide her pregnancy.

That was heinous sin far outweighing the sexual sin it was murder.

However God forgave him when he sincerely repented and practised that no more.

You do realise, I'm agnostic. Prime for the plucking.

Agnosticism isn't a stance on the existence of God, it's a philosophical position on if you can ever have knowledge over the existence of God :|

Oh, maybe I'm not one of them then. I was trying to play devils advocate and it backfired.

There is no god. Don't worry, I've not lost my marbles.

You might be an agnostic but you would in no way be prepared to adhere to those standards so how could you be prime for the plucking

What "standards"? I'm a stand up guy. Sure I make mistakes, I get angry, sad, jealous. But I live my life in a good way, I'm intelligent, I'm helpful, I'm kind. So what if I like a bit of filthy sex and the occasional pill, in what way does that make me a "sinner" in the modern world, any world in fact.

If I'm going to hell for being me then your God needs to sort his standards out Julie, seriously. Who pissed on his chips?

King David wrote that Psalm I quoted from he committed adultery with Bathsheba.... he also put her husband on the front line of battle so he would be killed.... so he could marry her and attempt to hide her pregnancy.

Christ. The worst thing I've done in the last 5 years or so was call my ex a word removed and threaten to beat her new fella up if she didn't pay her phone bill on time.

Anyone know what this about?

Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the [something] seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly away. Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe. Repeat. Finally find another pair of birds. Kill one and dip the live bird in the dead bird's blood. Wipe some blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle the house with blood 7 times.

How can anybody adhere to the "standards" of the Bible, when there are so many conflicting ones?

Oh wait, I know. By interpreting it. The way you are told to by your cult leaders, naturally. But it's a slippery slope, that interpretation business (see my post a few pages back).

I concede it's a relatively easy way to have an ethical code, rather than doing the hard work and working one out for yourself, without reference to a sky fairy or a magic book.

If I do something good, it's not because some "leader" tells me to, or because I'm scared of punishment for not doing it. And if I do something bad, it's not because of Satan tempting me.

We only get one shot at this life, don't waste it planning for after your death.

Christ. The worst thing I've done in the last 5 years or so was call my ex a word removed and threaten to beat her new fella up if she didn't pay her phone bill on time.

Have you sincerely repented?

JulieB wrote:

If we all sin, then why are you (a self proclaimed sinner) allowed to be a JW, but a homosexual not?

Surely if we all sin then either everyone should get into the JW club or no one should.

Unless of course despite this whole "we all sin" thing you're bigoted against certain categories of sinners? (By you're I mean JW's in general, not just you specifically).

That is the standard laid down for Christians... no longer under the Mosaic law they then had the law of Christ. Those standards haven't changed. If you don't want to be a Christian Witness of Jehovah then fine go do it.

As we are the ONLY Christian organisation that carries God's name we have a strict moral code that adheres very much to the standard

first Century Christians laid down. Nothing has changed.

If people want to make out that sticking to Bible principles is bigotry then fine...go with it.

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

Seems fairly bigoted to me

Have you sincerely repented?

Nah have I ****. I mean to be fair it was a messy situation. I blew her back doors in knowing they were "seeing each other" and it all got out of hand when he clocked my number in her phone.

A while ago now and I have apologised recently, with the sole intention of blowing her back doors in again, so probably doesn't count. She's a seriously top shag. I suppose that counts as "coveting they neighbours wife"?

I'm 28, I know I shouldn't be getting up to these games. But hey, that's Love, sex, life. God gave me this heart and this tiny little beasty in my pants without a manual. Unless you count the bible, which is like Ikea sending you 18 different sets of instructions for the same bedside table. Just throw them out and DIY....

I'm curious as to steaknchips and Julie's views on pre-marital sex.

I mean I can guess Julie's, watchtower is very clear that it's a sin and you shouldn't even think about it.

Ive already answered this...

WE ALL SIN...

*When God made us we were perfect, no sin, disease, illness, hate, bad thoughts etc...

Genesis 1:God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

*Sin entered mankind through Adam..Hence "ALL" mankind inherits sin, disease, illness, hate, Jealousy, bad thoughts, etc etc..

Romans 3:All have turned side, together they have become useless; There is none who does good, There is not even one.”

*God knows this..He knows we are without sin....No man can live without sin, its impossible..

Mark 7:21 “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries,22 deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness.23 “All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.”

Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is more deceitful than all else.And is desperately sick;Who can understand it?

*God would lose his creation to Satan, unless he could combat the sin..

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.

*The wage for sin is death..God gave us Jesus, who paid the wage for sin with his death....

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Peter 2:and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

*The way to salvation is not totally through works(good behaviour etc) but through faith and grace..Belief in Jesus Christ.

Acts 3:“Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;

Romans 3:20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

John 14:Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Romans 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,