The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe that some people are trying to get their heads around the prospect of another year of this atrocious **** calling the shots, or not calling them as the case may be.

If he isn't sacked it shows one of two things, that RL & co are stubborn as well as clueless, or that everything is going according to plan with the new 'Premier League survival' club mindset.

Neither is acceptable by a long stretch.

Wigan had a better squad than us and only just escaped relegation because Martinez gambled the house on 3-4-3 and it paid off.

Why he is such an attractive prospect for many is just plain wierd.

Wigan had a better squad than us and only just escaped relegation because Martinez gambled the house on 3-4-3 and it paid off.

Oh please do elaborate

This should be good

Oh please do elaborate

This should be good

Our squad is so shit. There's not much difference I'd say. Maybe theirs has more balance too. So shit.

I have to completely disagree with this. There are 2 maybe 3 Wigan players that would make it into our first choice XI. And in all likeliness will finish above us this season.

Our squad is filled with players who have played many seasons in the premier league and proven to be good at this level. Add to that we have a good batch of youngsters coming through to be back up players.

The team should be comfortably mid table regardless of what Mcleish would have us believe.

Wigan's top scores have managed 6 goals this season and both of them only scored 1 goal last season while Gabby has proven he can get 10-15 a season and Bent can get 20. I know which players I would rather have.

A little over 12 months ago the bloke turned us down

It would be embarrassing to say the least if we went grovelling again for this mediocre manager

You know what. I'd get over it a lot quicker than another season of McLeish and almost certain relegation.

I think we are in real trouble.

1. I don't see RL sacking McHoof

2. Experienced players will leave in the summer

3. There's no money

4. I don't trust McHoof to bring in quality even if there was money

5. There is an overated expectation around our youngsters with only one or two really good enough to make the grade

6. Even if McHoof goes I've no faith RL and Co can bring in a better manager (!)

We'll be in trouble by January - McHoof will go but by then I fear it will be too late and we could go down

What is RL's plan?? What could he possibly see in McHoof that leads him to believe he could lead us up the table. McHoof will be unemployable after this - this must be his last PL managerial position.

I liked RL, but he is ruining my club - we are the next Leeds Utd

I predicted 12th-17th this season - I predict 15th-20th next

I'd agree, we have broken our moorings and are drifting out into the ocean of lower league football

To think in recent weeks, Emile Heskey has been our best player sums up the club

There appears to be no plan other than reduce the outgoings

Relax - I still think he will go.

If he doesn't than our problems go beyond Mcleish.

I don't know the wigan players that well - what I will say is that our squad isn't great. Bent and Given thats about it. The jest are just journeymen. and the academy players are massivley overated.

....the academy players are massivley overated

Spot on - we've always produced useful youngsters but they are mostly middle of the road.

Sadly this wasn't as some here predicted, Albrighton, Delfounesco or Bannan's breakthrough year - If I had any faith in the management I'd say we need a clear out of the youngsters but I've no confidence that they could replace them with anything better.

I really can't see where we go from here! Personally, I'd take a gamble on someone like Poyet but when McL does go (January?), RL will bring in yet another uninspiring choice

Maybe Hodgson will have been sacked by then and would be available ;-)

Â