The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

16th position is where O'Leary finished with a poorer squad and he got the sack.

He won 10 games that season and amassed 42 points and he got the sack.

Clearly Lerner is less ambitious than Ellis.

The clue is in your wording 'where O'Leary finished'.

The season isn't over yet, so nothing is clear.

Well we ain't gonna win 10 games and get 42 points whatever happens. We might JUST stay up.

Seems to me that the club statememnt about looking at the next 3 games only succeded in preventing the protests taking off....... good work RL and PF the idiots took it! (not aimed at you Trees)

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new low for the club with us very likely to finish below Wigan.

The worst manager we've had in the premier league will no doubt be plotting a 0-0 win for Norwich away.

Lerner out. Mcleish out. No more money spent on the Villa!

16th position is where O'Leary finished with a poorer squad and he got the sack.

No you are quite right, the season isn't over yet.

I was cutting McLeish some slack but he could conceivably get us to finish even lower in 17th.

No you are quite right, the season isn't over yet.

I was cutting McLeish some slack but he could conceivably get us to finish even lower in 17th.

I just think that everyone needs to take a deep breath. Matchday yesterday, another infernal bank holiday today, so nothing going on.

Let's just see how the week progresses.

Seems to me that the club statememnt about looking at the next 3 games only succeded in preventing the protests taking off....... good work RL and PF the idiots took it! (not aimed at you Trees)

Did you have a banner?

It'll be the usual. Lots of club propaganda on the OS with McLeish making out that he's worked miracles by keeping us up. Media will continue to drone on and on about how we don't like him because of where he came from. The nightmare that is Alex McLeish at Villa will continue to roll on.

It'll be the usual. Lots of club propaganda on the OS with McLeish making out that he's worked miracles by keeping us up. Media will continue to drone on and on about how we don't like him because of where he came from. The nightmare that is Alex McLeish at Villa will continue to roll on.

and sadly i will continue to read all this midweek dross that they serve me up :'(

It's great that we've survived obviously, because after the Bolton debacle it didnt seem likely. However the fact that we may not even get to 40 points is embarrassing and a disgrace. It doesnt matter about home records, goals scored, draws, its points. And 38 after 37 games is laughable.

McLeish will resign though, he wont wait to be sacked.

When was the last time we've gone into the last day of the season not mathematically safe?

I am not sure but if there is a record to be broken there then I am sure McLeish will break it.

It's great that we've survived obviously, because after the Bolton debacle it didnt seem likely. However the fact that we may not even get to 40 points is embarrassing and a disgrace. It doesnt matter about home records, goals scored, draws, its points. And 38 after 37 games is laughable.

He won't resign, he'll lose his pay off if he does.

When was the last time we've gone into the last day of the season not mathematically safe?

Didn't it happen when Alback got a winner last day v Sunderland ?

I think that we have recent history of a manager 'resigning' and receiving a payoff, so nothing set in stone there.

That wasn't the last game, that put us safe and then we played Leeds... I think.

I think that we have recent history of a manager 'resigning' and receiving a payoff, so nothing set in stone there.

Different though, he claimed based on his job being made impossible, not on his actual resignation.

94/95. Coincidentally, our last game that season was Norwich away.

1994-95

We were 2 points ahead of Palace. We drew 1-1 away to Norwich and they lost 3-2 to Newcastle.

That wasn't the last game, that put us safe and then we played Leeds... I think.

Oh ok, we are in new territory then

Tbh, seeing teams like Wigan Swansea and Norwich above us is not on

I blame both the manager and the players and the owner for this

This club needs to wake up and get its act together

Â