The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I like the advert.

It's a small dig at Lerner and i think after the last two years it's needed.

And, if taken as the views of a large proportion of our support, which it will be to support media stories, pretty much confirmation that Villa supporters were never prepared to give the man a chance.

Nice one!

I do care how we are viewed in the media but the most important thing for me is getting Mcleish out of the club.

And yet the thing you identified about the advert that you liked was that it's 'a small dig at Lerner'.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone hear the comments of Charlie Nicholas on McLeish, on Soccer Saturday....rest of the panel didn't argue.

Talking about the abuse his family are experiencing, which I agree with him saying it is out of order.

I don't always agree with football people just because they are football people as they have their agenda's and we have ours( as fans)

Charlie cited us as a " big club" and in many ways I'm with him.

The thing that got me thinking was his reference to when exactly have Villa had any good managers...He touched on the O'Neil thing as a bit cursory... and alluded to McLeish having a bit of a duff hand without exactly saying he was blameless.

He said assuming McLeish goes, where do we go from here, what exactly do we expect....not relegation of course.

I think Villa has the potential to be a big club, but unless we produce a Russian Oligarch or a cash rich oil Sheik we cannot continue **** up in the transfer market or failing to to turn these recruits in to anything like effective football players.

There is something seriously wrong at B6 and it needs someone to address it ....If Randy doesn't know what to do, he needs to bring someone in who does.

I'm not convinced Mcleish is the right man for the job but I equally think the problems are more wide spreading than just him.

So Who should come in?

As Charlie alluded to ....does it really matter, because so far we have managed to just about crash and burn them all.

Despite many villa fans thinking we are a big club attracting the sort of manager that we should be able to attract is far reaching in my opinion, mainly due to long periods of relative failure...failure at buying players, failure at playing the game top managers are commensurate with i.e possession game....failure to win anything.....failure to keep our best players.....failure to sustain and kind of tangible stability.

Our best hope is to try and attract an up and coming manager who is looking for a break at the big time....like Alan Pardew had his chance, like David Moyes had his chance from Preston.

Thats our only hope as I see it.

Rising star.... not fading comet.

I like the idea of an advert, but not like that, no advert should be an advert for a site as that one is and all those people who have donated money have just done so to advertise moms for free.

I'd like a positive advert tbh. Something about bringing a bright future back.

Watched and listened to Charlie Nic also and the more i listened the more i wished they would allow a phone in.

He said we got rid of GH. Bollocks!

He also alluded to who was going to be good enough for us. Again bollocks!

Basically also stated that Lerner had no money. Bollocks again!

Then quoted McLeish's record of managing clubs in the scottish league like it was some achievement. Bollocks again and without any facts or figures.

By the time Charlie Nic finished i thought his first name described him perfectly and couldn't believe that Merse didn't step in with a few comments of his own.

Quite obvious what Charlie Nic knows about the current situation at our club and it amounts to sweet F.A.

People need to get there facts right "refused to be on the bench" I need to be asked for me to refuse, #facts

This is obviously a dig at Mcleish and perhaps some more evidence that it's pretty much certain he'll get the sack after the last couple of games. I think I read somewhere a while ago that Bent has made it clear he's not happy and that we need to show some ambition. If Bent is bitching about the manager then perhaps he feels comfortable to do so because he knows he won't be here much longer? I would like to think that Randy would prioritise keeping Darren Bent over keeping Alex Mcleish, especially since he's done an awful job with us this season and the majority of fans don't want him.

Maybe I'm reading too much into a tweet written by a pissed off footballer who can't even use the the right "their" :D

Watched and listened to Charlie Nic also and the more i listened the more i wished they would allow a phone in.

I think everybody knows Randy has money, but he ain't got enough to spunk up the wall like we have managed to do over the last 6 years.

I guess if he had someone in the managers seat he could trust to manage the funds more effectively, money would be released.

yes that is his call

but I would guess until he has that confidence his wallet is shut.

I like the advert.

And, if taken as the views of a large proportion of our support, which it will be to support media stories, pretty much confirmation that Villa supporters were never prepared to give the man a chance.

Nice one!

I do care how we are viewed in the media but the most important thing for me is getting Mcleish out of the club.

And yet the thing you identified about the advert that you liked was that it's 'a small dig at Lerner'.

And your point is?

I think this advert adds pressure and will help get Mcleish out and at the same time shows the owner we aren't happy with his decision making.

Perfect for me.

Then quoted McLeish's record of managing clubs in the scottish league like it was some achievement. Bollocks again and without any facts or figures.

By the time Charlie Nic finished i thought his first name described him perfectly and couldn't believe that Merse didn't step in with a few comments of his own.

Quite obvious what Charlie Nic knows about the current situation at our club and it amounts to sweet F.A.

Merse did make comments about Reo Coker, which would prove to be about as unpopular on this site.

but it is all opinions some informed ,some uninformed.

I would guess that most football people couldn't give a toss about Aston Villa as they are too busy & preoccupied with clubs who are trying to help themselves.

Yeah I watched Gillette Soccer Saturday.

Can somebody clarify, is Merson back on the sauce ? He was banging on and on about wolves being a big club on the basis that his brother had a wolves shirt when he was 8

While Charlie Nic was talking about us i didn't hear any comment from Merse concerning Coker.

When did Merse speak about Coker and what did he say?

Spoke of him last week and then later on in the program today... pretty much said that we were stupid to let him go and he was a big player for us. I do agree we could do with him now, but he was never worth the wages he wanted.

He said they WERE a big club and then told how his brother had a Wolves shirt back in the day despite them living in London. He was using it as a contrast to where they are now and stating they should be doing better since they were a big club in the past, which is true.

I like the advert.

Nice one!

And your point is?

I think this advert adds pressure and will help get Mcleish out and at the same time shows the owner we aren't happy with his decision making.

Perfect for me.

Can't believe I have to point it out to you, but you say the most important thing is getting McLeish out of the club, but the thing you like is that the advert makes a dig at Lerner. Two different things.

I am also suprised that you see McLeish leaving Villa as the most important thing and not Premier League safety. Still, horse for courses.

Did anyone hear the comments of Charlie Nicholas on McLeish, on Soccer Saturday....rest of the panel didn't argue.

The thing that got me thinking was his reference to when exactly have Villa had any good managers...He touched on the O'Neil thing as a bit cursory... and alluded to McLeish having a bit of a duff hand without exactly saying he was blameless.

He said assuming McLeish goes, where do we go from here, what exactly do we expect....not relegation of course.

There is something seriously wrong at B6 and it needs someone to address it ....If Randy doesn't know what to do, he needs to bring someone in who does.

As Charlie alluded to ....does it really matter, because so far we have managed to just about crash and burn them all.

Our best hope is to try and attract an up and coming manager who is looking for a break at the big time....like Alan Pardew had his chance, like David Moyes had his chance from Preston.

Thats our only hope as I see it.

Rising star.... not fading comet.

Sorry but I disagree on numerous counts:-

There is the league, cup, the FA cup, PL title or qualifying for CL. Most premier league clubs don't win any of those most seasons.

There are numerous clubs the size of villa - who enjoy similar success or failure. Newcastle, Everton, Sunderland, to mention a few whose record probably isn't as good as ours - based on a similar fan base.

We have had good managers, John Gregory, Brian Little, Ron Atkinson, MON , Graham Taylor , Ron Saunders. - So really don't think 'they all crash and burn' is in any way justified.

Basically if you get the manager position right all else will follow. I don't think there is anything seriously wrong at B6. The last managerial appointments looked dodgy from the moment they were announced. Had we got the right man in - I am sure things would have worked out better.

Current squad aren't world beaters, and 'youth' players are vastly overated (the bigger issue at the club IMO) - but we have some saleable assets - a decent manager could get us top half easily.

As to the finances - maybe we don't have much cash - but neither do most clubs in the prem. Lack of cash may stop us getting top 4-6th - but it shouldn't condem us to relegation fights every season.

Yeah I watched Gillette Soccer Saturday.

Can somebody clarify, is Merson back on the sauce ? He was banging on and on about wolves being a big club on the basis that his brother had a wolves shirt when he was 8

I joined Merse in he company of about 100 other people on Thursday evening and he wasn't drinking any alcohol.

And I think that Wolves are a big club as well!

I like the advert.

Nice one!

And your point is?

Perfect for me.

Can't believe I have to point it out to you, but you say the most important thing is getting McLeish out of the club, but the thing you like is that the advert makes a dig at Lerner. Two different things.

I am also suprised that you see McLeish leaving Villa as the most important thing and not Premier League safety. Still, horse for courses.

Well you do have to point it out as I still don't know what your issue is with my comment.

I said I liked the advert and that the pressure needs to be kept on. My next post I said I liked the advert and that it had a dig at Lerner. What's the problem? I think having a dig at the owner's decisions puts pressure on him to correct mistakes. I think this advert helps with getting Mcleish out the club.

Premiership safety is clearly the most important thing but theres not much I can do about that. I can however play my part in helping force the manager out of this club.

So please, share your obvious wisdom with me and explain what the problem is.

Â