The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Me too. I'm such a good supporter. :lol:

I actually shunned Villa to start with Arsenal on my first game of Football Manager 2012 last night in protest to the current regime.

See what you made me do Randy...bastard!!!!!!!!111!!!!1111!!

Wiggy OUT!!!!!!!!11!!!!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20120419/172911969.html

Aleksander Hleb has been talking to a Russian newspaper explaining he should have never left Barcelona

He talks a bit about his time at blues under McLeish

Hleb reiterated criticism of the physical English game, saying "you can get little pleasure out of it."

"At Birmingham, the team played the long-ball game, practically bypassing midfield. To get into the game you had to play up front or linger at the back with the defenders to get hold of the ball, which more often than not flew right past me."

Hleb, who played 19 times for the Blues in the 2010-11 season, described then-Birmingham boss Alex McLeish as "not a bad bloke" but criticized his tactical preparation.

"The day before a game he would come onto the pitch and show us what to do: 'You stand here, the goalkeeper will give you the ball here, kick it as far as you can and don't pass to anyone nearby. And we all run.'

There you go folks.... From the horses mouth a player who has played under McLeish explaining his tactics and coaching methods

No wonder we have attacking players such as Nzogbia failing under the current clown in charge

The Sun confirm the "no plans to sack" line.

ALEX McLEISH’S job as Aston Villa boss is safe.

The club rubbished reports they will axe him to bring in a new man and a sporting director this summer.

Injury-hit Villa have been dragged into the relegation battle but McLeish is sure his youthful squad will stay up.

And SunSport can reveal he still has the backing of owner Randy Lerner, who has no intention of destabilising the club further.

A club source said: “There is no foundation to this. The club believes in continuity. We are putting in foundations on which to move the club forward. Alex remains an integral part of that.”

Kevin MacDonald, Gerard Houllier, Gary McAllister and McLeish have all been in charge since Martin O’Neill left Villa Park in 2010.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4265180/Aston-Villa-give-their-backing-to-under-fire-boss-Alex-McLeish.html

'A club source?' Mmmm.

No-one named! I'd use this quote as toilet paper. Wait and see if there's an actual quote from the club on this before we all get our nickers in a twist.

Exactly, people like Matt Kendrick only get told what the club want the public to be told/think.

The club know they're gobshites who post on these boards and Twitter, thus the club would not tell them anything 'sensitive' because they know it will be all over the tinterweb within minutes.

Kendrick posts on here?

I've just had a thought?

Mysterman = Kendrick? :!:

Not sure, could be?

I know Tim Abraham posts on here 'father_abraham' i think his user name is.

Me too. I'm such a good supporter. :lol:

I actually shunned Villa to start with Arsenal on my first game of Football Manager 2012 last night in protest to the current regime.

See what you made me do Randy...bastard!!!!!!!!111!!!!1111!!

Wiggy OUT!!!!!!!!11!!!!

It was good while it lasted! :D

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20120419/172911969.html

Aleksander Hleb has been talking to a Russian newspaper explaining he should have never left Barcelona

He talks a bit about his time at blues under McLeish

Hleb reiterated criticism of the physical English game, saying "you can get little pleasure out of it."

"At Birmingham, the team played the long-ball game, practically bypassing midfield. To get into the game you had to play up front or linger at the back with the defenders to get hold of the ball, which more often than not flew right past me."

Hleb, who played 19 times for the Blues in the 2010-11 season, described then-Birmingham boss Alex McLeish as "not a bad bloke" but criticized his tactical preparation.

"The day before a game he would come onto the pitch and show us what to do: 'You stand here, the goalkeeper will give you the ball here, kick it as far as you can and don't pass to anyone nearby. And we all run.'

There you go folks.... From the horses mouth a player who has played under McLeish explaining his tactics and coaching methods

No wonder we have attacking players such as Nzogbia failing under the current clown in charge

This made me laugh so much I made it my sig.

I think that proves that no matter what people said at the club, Staying up and reducing the wage budget was the aim and if McLeesh did that he will not be sacked.

If you believe news from the summer, McLeish was 3rd or 4th choice

I can't understand why he'd even be that high. Surely a proven failure of a manager that's just taken your neighbours down for the second time, all while playing shit, negative football wouldn't even be on your list anywhere?

The thing is you can honestly see Lerner & Faulkner thinking that we need stability so we need to keep McLeish to build something. You wonder much season ticket sales would have to drop before the penny finally dropped with these pair in charge.

I dont dislike or hate Lerner but if you look at the success (or lack of it) he has had with the Cleveland Browns, you can see exactly where he is taking OUR club.

Its time for him, Faulkner and McLeish to get out of our club before they do it irreversible damage.

I think that proves that no matter what people said at the club, Staying up and reducing the wage budget was the aim and if McLeesh did that he will not be sacked.

If you believe news from the summer, McLeish was 3rd or 4th choice

:lol: At the fact that you spelt Mcleish two different ways in the space of two sentences. But I think if Villa survive the board will say Mcleish has accomplished what they wanted, even though it is obvious to the fans 17th place is not good enough.

While I do think the Sun article is probably bullshit (as is the Daily Star one), trotting out the stability and foundation line is something I could actually see Faulkner saying. This is why everybody should refrain from buying season tickets for the time being. Even if you want to purchase one regardless of the managerial situation, just wait until the last minute and hopefully by then the drastic drop in ST sales will have forced their hand.

While I do think the Sun article is probably bullshit (as is the Daily Star one), trotting out the stability and foundation line is something I could actually see Faulkner saying. This is why everybody should refrain from buying season tickets for the time being. Even if you want to purchase one regardless of the managerial situation, just wait until the last minute and hopefully by then the drastic drop in ST sales will have forced their hand.

Not hopefully - it will force there hand. Weve lost 4,000 on gates this season. From what I hear were probably going to loose that again (at least) next season.

Randy must be tired of paying off managers - and that makes me wonder of there is something in the DOF Role. Could he bring in a DOF and new coach - under the guise that these work with Mcleish - but effectivley undermining him - so he walks ? ..........

Proabably not - from all the fuss over the last couple days - if would seem the flop of the interest free scheme has got the alarm bells ringing.

Interesting quotes from Hleb re Mcleish as well.

Thing is though, the situation we're in now under McLeish was so depressingly predictable. It was completely avoidable. If he didn't want to pay off another manager he could've simply not hired McLeish in the first place.

Thing is though, the situation we're in now under McLeish was so depressingly predictable. It was completely avoidable. If he didn't want to pay off another manager he could've simply not hired McLeish in the first place.

Agreed.

But Faulkner quotes 'the positives outweighed the negatives' indicate to me that they expected Mcleish to quickly ride out the storm. The opposite has happened.

To me its how can he be axed - but saving face for the board. Indeed could Mcleish be kicked upstairs to be a DOF (powerless one) - unlikley - but I think Faulkner and Randy are considering there exit strategy re Mcleish. I really beleive he is a gonner.

Agreed.

But Faulkner quotes 'the positives outweighed the negatives' indicate to me that they expected Mcleish to quickly ride out the storm. The opposite has happened.

To me its how can he be axed - but saving face for the board. Indeed could Mcleish be kicked upstairs to be a DOF (powerless one) - unlikley - but I think Faulkner and Randy are considering there exit strategy re Mcleish. I really beleive he is a gonner.

You've got more hope than me by the looks of it. Normally I'd think that there's no way McLeish wouldn't be sacked after this season but what you have to remember is that the people who should be sacking him are the ones who appointed him in the first place. They were stupid enough to appoint him, therefore they're probably going to be stupid enough to keep him in the job.

Â