The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree Zog rarely runs down the line

He's generally cutting in when he's got the ball

Because he's instructed to keep the play narrow...............

and here is where the problem lies....

I appreciate what people are saying about Downing/Young - they were wingers by trade. But often you would see Young cut back on his right foot, and the same for Downing as he was left-footed.

N'Zogbia has incredible ability when he is allowed to roam. I watched him single-handedly rip West Ham to shreds in Wigans 3-2 win on the penultimate game of the season. It was one of the best performances I have seen from an attacking player in many years, so obviously I was delighted when we made our move for him and I felt at £9m it was a snip.

We all know what has happened since regarding N'Zog. He has the reputation of falling out with people and dividing dressing rooms. I can only conclude that like our team as a whole, he is restricted to what he can and can't do - often finding himself having to track back.

Ireland is a quality player and when he is on the ball he looks a class act. But again, McLeish has 'reportedly' had a spat with him and his performances have once again took a nose-dive.

I'm not sure where the club go from here. I am hoping that over the Summer a lot of the dead wood are cleared and fresh, new faces - with an aim to do well, are brought to the club.

Like everybody else, my major concern has to be McLeish and Grant. The tactics are so rigid that any flair we did have has gone straight out of the window and any new players coming to the club are going to be expected to play the same way.

It depresses me that people keep throwing the name Martinez about

I mean WTF, is this how far we've fallen

Who are you supporting this week CI?

Why do you ask the same question every 5 pages, are you a goldfish?

No are you a blowfish

Anyway this thread is all about repetition, we've got nearly 700 pages of it and your contribution is significant

Anyway Martinez ? I mean come on, is that how far we've fallen

You asked the same question three or four pages ago and got the reasons why Martinez offers something McLeish does not.

Wigans current position in the league is irrelevant to me, as I can see where Villa could potentially be in 3-5 years.

You forget who your backing and why every three pages so i dont expect you to see past the end of your nose.

Agree Zog rarely runs down the line

He's generally cutting in when he's got the ball

Because he's instructed to keep the play narrow...............

Left footer on right wing cutting in shocker??

Its naturally going to happen, players will always favour their stronger foot.

To be honest, I don"t think we will be changing our manager anytime soon

A couple of months ago I would have agreed with you. Today I am not so sure.

What makes you say that ?

I wish I was that optomistick, dont forget Lerner has had to pay MON off and he wants to cut costs so I cant see him paying McStupid off.

I wish I was that optomistick, dont forget Lerner has had to pay MON off and he wants to cut costs so I cant see him paying McStupid off.

I think that the manager's position is becoming untenable.

An element of our support have been on his back from day one, because of where he came from, but he did know what he was getting himself into.

I have never bought the "no money" thing. He, like Houllier, has had plenty of money to spend, if you look at it in isolation, rather than comparing it with the squillions that the Messiah had at his disposal. Besides that a manager takes a job to manage the players at his disposal, not to come in and replace a whole team.

But my biggest sense of disquiet is that he has sent our team out against an out of sorts Manure and Citee, and a positively crap Liverpool, with the belief that they can't win, something that he repeated at Arsenal last week. Much as I dislike the Messiah, he would never have done that.

Saturday is a watershed for me. If we lie down from the first minute, then I think that he may as well be kicked out straight away. Either way, I cannot see him being here for the start of next season.

And I am someone who wanted to give him a chance.....

Of corse we will lie down on saturday,he has already said that we cant expect to beat the elite teams. For my part I would rather see us lose 0-5 and go down fighting than watch us defend for 90 minutes.

I think that the manager's position is becoming untenable.

An element of our support have been on his back from day one, because of where he came from, but he did know what he was getting himself into.

I have never bought the "no money" thing. He, like Houllier, has had plenty of money to spend, if you look at it in isolation, rather than comparing it with the squillions that the Messiah had at his disposal. Besides that a manager takes a job to manage the players at his disposal, not to come in and replace a whole team.

But my biggest sense of disquiet is that he has sent our team out against an out of sorts Manure and Citee, and a positively crap Liverpool, with the belief that they can't win, something that he repeated at Arsenal last week. Much as I dislike the Messiah, he would never have done that.

Saturday is a watershed for me. If we lie down from the first minute, then I think that he may as well be kicked out straight away. Either way, I cannot see him being here for the start of next season.

And I am someone who wanted to give him a chance.....

Pretty much how I see it. Not giving it a shot against the so-called elite teams is unacceptable, and frankly quite stupid on his part. For he himself pulled an excellent win and performance out of the bag against Chelsea away. His overt cautiousness and negative approach to games simply shouldn't be tolerated. And I personally think starting Heskey in midfield for a dozen games or so when we had absolutely no injury crisis in that area in itself is a sackable offence :lol:.

Â