The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can rise again

That's the only way to pragmatically look at the whole sorry situation

Yep look at Spurs when they had Ramos in charge.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so bad, but just think, the day he goes, it will be a feeling like winning the treble
I wouldn't go that far, but it's safe to say his departure (if it were to happen) would probably be the best thing to happen this season. Let's face it, Chelsea aside, we haven't really had much to cheer about.

We can rejoice and then quickly turn to worrying who Randy will choose next.

Shit?

Used to manage SHA?

Would get a recommendation from baconface?

Premier League experience?

There's only one man that would meet such criteria...

And that Chelsea result was a bit of a fluke and in hindsight wasn't as much of an achievement as people thought at the time.

It was, we now know the chelsea players were actually all out to get AVB fired, I realised that when we followed it up with the Swansea game which is arguably as bad as I've ever seen us

As a bloke, I like him

Never says a bad word about the club, or the fans despite the dogs abuse he's had

Imagine GED or MON in that position

He's got balls of steel and he comes across quite well, he's certainly not petulant. it's one of the things that makes me feel at the back of my head that I could fully accept him if the results and progress were acceptable. But they're not, and they don't look like improving.

I dunno, I think he has a great sense of humour (post Blackburn interview, he's asked about the better fans reception at the game and cracks up a bit, good to see), also comes across as genuine, MON always seemed to have some sort of agenda

As a bloke, I like him

Never says a bad word about the club, or the fans despite the dogs abuse he's had

Imagine GED or MON in that position

I would have to agree to disagree. He has blamed certain players for not performing. He has blamed the players for not listening to him. And now he is starting to blame the fans for there negative support, which to be fair, if you went to a shit concert, you would'nt really cheer would you!

Oh my God, what's with all this "he's a nice guy" stuff? I'm not saying he's a prick (although personally I think he is), but what is it exactly that makes him "nice"?

To me, he comes across as deluded and eager to shift the blame onto anyone but himself. Of course that's just my opinion, but as I said, would be nice to know what makes him nice.]

Oh yeah, and the lying really pisses me off as well. If he was nice he wouldn't lie so **** much.

what exactly is it that makes him a prick?

i dont buy into this thing that he's lying. he said we wouldnt sell downing for £50m or whatever, but that was never his call to make. if the owner said we're selling him, then that's that. he obviously doesnt think he's a negative manager either. technically if you look at the players he's picking, you'd be inclined to think that he's not, he's just not a very good one who gets his tactics wrong and can't use the players properly.

what outright lies has he told?

as for shifting the blame, it does look like that a lot of the time yeah. but we dont know what instructions hes giving the players in the dressing room, it might actually be the case that they genuinely arent doing what theyre told to do. that's not absolving him from blame though, if that's the case that's very much his problem to fix

How about the players, are you happy with their input, commitment, dedication, application, hunger, desire, integrity, passion ??

If this is the case isn't it the managers job to manage the players. He obviously not doing a very good job. There is not one player who has developed into a better player under McLeish this is a big worry of mine too which often gets ignored.

I think we have a mini Chelsea AVB situation down the Villa. The only players that have been shifted over the last 2-3 years are the gems not the rotten apples, there's a destructive dynamic in play now between those on the terraces calling for Ecks head and the players looking for excusues for their own shortcomings.

McLeish was placed in an impossible position by Lerner IMHO

what outright lies has he told?

Here's 7 for you

"I am going to be bringing free flowing attacking football"

"I dont play defensive football, its a myth"

"The players are finding it difficult to adapt to the dutch style 4-3-3 system I am playing"

"Alan Hutton is a tremendous player, I have worked with him before"

"I thought we played well today and were unlucky"

"Heskey was tremendous, he has many assets and still has a lot to offer"

"There aren't many managers out there who could be doing a better job than me"

This shows he lies all the time, he cant be that delusional. If he doesnt think they are lies then he has serious mental issues that need addressing.Even Jeffrey Dahmer isnt that delusional :lol:

Oh my God, what's with all this "he's a nice guy" stuff? I'm not saying he's a prick (although personally I think he is), but what is it exactly that makes him "nice"?

To me, he comes across as deluded and eager to shift the blame onto anyone but himself. Of course that's just my opinion, but as I said, would be nice to know what makes him nice.]

Oh yeah, and the lying really pisses me off as well. If he was nice he wouldn't lie so **** much.

:suspect:

The other thing about McLeish is he always bangs on about his Rangers record, this is what Rangers fans thought about his appointment, his signings, his success and his 4 and half reign at the club.........

Murray appointed ex-Aberdeen defender Alex McLeish as the clubs eleventh manager on 11 December 2001, joining McLeish was assistant Andy Watson. Murray's choice of manager was met with a lukewarm reaction amongst many Rangers supporters. Many fans viewed it as symptomatic of the downsizing of the club's ambitions, while others saw in McLeish a manager whose mixed fortunes at Hibernian and Motherwell left him ill-equipped to cope with the demands of managing a high-profile club like Rangers. However, McLeish was the number one managerial target on a four man shortlist. Others said to be included on the list were the then Ipswich Town manager George Burley, former Germany coach Berti Vogts and George Graham.

He won the treble in his 1st season then this started.........

The following season, McLeish's initial period as manager proved difficult to sustain. The club's perilous financial position in the wake of the profligacy of the Advocaat era, meant a period of relative austerity. The wage bill had to be slashed as the club embarked on an extensive cost-cutting programme in an attempt to stabilise a mushrooming and unsustainable level of debt. Confronted with a squad of well-paid but ageing players assembled by Advocaat, McLeish was compelled to rebuild without the luxury of the generous transfer kitty enjoyed by some of his predecessors.

After a good start to the 2003–04 season which saw the side top of the league and qualify for UEFA Champions League the loss of Ferguson shortly afterwards led to a dramatic downturn in results and ultimately a trophyless campaign. McLeish's Bosman signings of experienced players, such as the Brazilian midfielder Emerson, Norway forward Egil Østenstad and, most damaging of all, the £600,000 signing Nuno Capucho, have since entered Ibrox folklore as some of the worst players to play for Rangers.

The 2004–05 season started in the same vein, with McLeish making another poor signing in Serbian midfielder, Dragan Mladenovic, for £1m. The Serb would manage less than ten games for the club. On the pitch, the team again fell behind Celtic in the league and exited the Champions League at the qualifying stage.

Rangers won the league cup and league title in 04/05 mainly due to a collapse by Celtic, interesting comments on his signings though, then this happened...........

The 2005–06 season got off to a bad start, with Rangers only winning six league games out of the first 17, being knocked out of the League Cup by Celtic in the process. The period from October through to early December saw the team embark on, statistically, the worst run in their history, going ten games without a win. During this time, however, the club became the first Scottish side to qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League, yet there was still significant pressure on McLeish from fans due to the club's poor position in the domestic league table. It was widely felt that chairman David Murray would let McLeish go after the European campaign had finished, and a press conference arranged two days after the final group match seemed to confirm this.

The side strung together a ten-match unbeaten run. Yet, entering the crucial month of February, which was to feature a must-win Old Firm match and the resumption of European football, this evaporated. Rangers lost 3–0 at home to Hibernian on 4 February to exit the Scottish Cup and end their last realistic hopes of silverware that season. Protests against McLeish and the chairman followed the game.

So what is the Rangers supporters view on Eck overall. This is it...........

Overall, McLeish's four-and-a-half-year spell at Ibrox was a turbulent one, coming as it did after the wastefulness of the Advocaat era. McLeish never enjoyed access to the funds his predecessors had been given, and his managership was marked by wildly-fluctuating fortunes, in part caused by forced asset stripping of his best players due to the spectre of debt from Advocaat's spending. The lack of money certainly played its part in McLeish's downfall but it is debatable, based on the money he did have to spend, whether greater sums would have been invested wisely. Indeed there is an argument that a good proportion of McLeish's signings have been among the worst in the club's entire history.

Its amazing how close the Rangers situation was compared to ours, yeah he did okay but his treble season seems to have been won with Advocaats team and I certainly dont fancy him rebuilding the team given the comments on his transfers and I dont think the Rangers fans wanted him in the first place or would welcome him back. McLeish seems to think he was great at Ibrox, I beg to differ :?

Â