The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re AVB

not sure he'd come

not sure I'd want him here

Defending McLeish and not wanting Villa Boas, that must be symptomatic of some form of loss of mental faculties surely?? :D

One of many effects McLeish has on people.

Re AVB

not sure he'd come

To be honest I'd rather if we get rid of McLeish we went for someone else than Boas. He's had arguably one good season in a very short managerial career having inherited a very good Porto side. He's shown at Chelsea when something needs turning around in difficult circumstances he's not exactly excelled and has done a comparatively as poor a job as McLeish at Villa. He's essentially a clever bloke that loves writing and talking tactics but he really hasnt covered himself in glory. We are frustrated with McLeishs decisions well the Chelsea fans have been just as frustrated with his.

One good season where he won everything available to him?

The Chelsea job is a poisoned chalice, moving on players who are on the downslope of their careers but still think they are world class and rebuilding for the next generaation. All under the eyes of the worlds most impatient chairman.

I would love AVB here and it somes up the Villa fans that some are saying he wouldnt be welcome here.

(Funnily enough, the "Give McLeish a chance" people too!)

Re AVB

not sure he'd come

Defending McLeish and not wanting Villa Boas, that must be symptomatic of some form of loss of mental faculties surely?? :D

where have i defended McLeish

Other than to say his record is not far adrift of MON's after 27 games, albeit under much worserer conditions

I wouldn't really compare the two seasons. Last season was quite eventful to say the least and I think any manager would've struggled (although perhaps not to such an extent).

Lets not forget Houllier had Downing and Young and the best part of 30 mill to spunk in the January window and managed the club for 28 league games achieving 33 points.McLeish after 27 games as an identical record to what Houllier had at the same stage.

In all fairness its comparing two managers who either did or are doing shit jobs. One just had better players and more money to spend whilst doing it.

One played football, the other the very antithesis of football.

Re AVB

not sure he'd come

To be honest I'd rather if we get rid of McLeish we went for someone else than Boas. He's had arguably one good season in a very short managerial career having inherited a very good Porto side. He's shown at Chelsea when something needs turning around in difficult circumstances he's not exactly excelled and has done a comparatively as poor a job as McLeish at Villa. He's essentially a clever bloke that loves writing and talking tactics but he really hasnt covered himself in glory. We are frustrated with McLeishs decisions well the Chelsea fans have been just as frustrated with his.

The Chelsea job is a poisoned chalice, moving on players who are on the downslope of their careers but still think they are world class and rebuilding for the next generaation. All under the eyes of the worlds most impatient chairman.

I would love AVB here and it somes up the Villa fans that some are saying he wouldnt be welcome here.

Yeah you're right, I guess that just "somes" some Villa fans up though.

Since the start of this year we have only won one game (in Jan).. since then we haven't won a game in Feb nor so far in March.. (we have played 8 since the start of this year)
In the league this calendar year we've won 1, drawn 4 and lost 3. Diabolical. Makes me worry to be honest because it was after new year where we started to improve last season where as this season we're just getting worse and worse.

Re AVB

not sure he'd come

aaaannnnnddd sleep!

Your analness never ceases to amaze.............

Re AVB

not sure he'd come

aaaannnnnddd sleep!

Your analness never ceases to amaze.............

fishing.gif

Too easy :bonk:

Lose to Fulham and he will be gone IMHO
Same. There's no way he's surviving that.

I hope we win though. Just not a draw please.

He's not getting away with a loss

I fear it will yet another draw

Of course it'll be a draw. He knows a lose would crank up the pressure tenfold and probably cost him his job, and since this is Alex McLeish we're talking about there's no way he's going to go for the win.

Lose to Fulham and he will be gone IMHO

If a loss to Fulham would guarantee that he gets the sack then I would take a loss to Fulham no problem.

After all, it is only 1 point less than we can expect anyway and if most people are to be believed there is enough shit below us in the league to ensure that we don't get relegated this season.

I wouldn't really compare the two seasons. Last season was quite eventful to say the least and I think any manager would've struggled (although perhaps not to such an extent).

Lets not forget Houllier had Downing and Young and the best part of 30 mill to spunk in the January window and managed the club for 28 league games achieving 33 points.McLeish after 27 games as an identical record to what Houllier had at the same stage.

In all fairness its comparing two managers who either did or are doing shit jobs. One just had better players and more money to spend whilst doing it.

Let's not also forget that Houllier didn't have Bent for half a season and only took over in late September after a very turbulent summer for the club. The only signing we made that entire transfer window was Stephen Ireland. Add in the ridiculous injury crisis and it's clear to see that it's more than just a case of Houllier having more money and a better squad.

Oh yeah, and the football wasn't absolutely shit all the time and we actually tried to attack in some games. There were so many games last season where we deserved more than we got. How many times can you say that for this season? If anything it's the opposite.

The only area where McLeish has had it worse is money. Everything else he's had it better or the same.

I reckon we can do all the comparisons we like....

but ultimately nothing will change the fact that McCleish is not a good football manager.

He is defensively minded, his tactics are poor, his substitutions are poor, his signings are poor, his press conferences are poor, his CV is poor.

Anyone who can get Rangers to finish 3rd in a two horse race is poor

The man is not good enough to manage Aston Villa, PERIOD.

McCleish OUT.

Â