The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The thing is regardless of who we play, when I watch us we seem the poorer team. Ok, we get the results now and then but the football is always terrible. Then I watch the likes of Norwich, Wigan, Boltan, Blackburn who are all probably inferior teams to us and there is still so much heart and attempts to play football.

This is why i'm very worried.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh all hail Lerner and McLeish.

It's a sad state of affairs when fans are looking around and hoping that there are three worse teams in the PL than us!

What has Lerner and Mcleish done to this once proud and wonderful club?

Once being 30 years ago?

I would say they have done very little to hinder the inconsistent and in the most part 'distinctly average' football thats been displayed by AVFC for the last 3 decades.

I came on here expecting the usual people to be on here slagging McLeish off again for no reason and I;m glad to see I am mostly wrong.

Today was not down to McLeish, everything was spot on until the defence capitulated - and that, as said many times, was down to silly individual errors that nowt could be done.

Shame about the result, but if we have 4 points on the board come this time next week, this will be a long lost memory

And for those who will slag the manager off. Think this, we all know Warnock is a liability and needs replacing. He dropped him , so it must be in his mind as well. He then comes on at hald time last week and plays the game of his life.

So he holds his position, and today, is mostly poor again. But come on, if McLeish had have dropped him after last week, you'd have been going potty - this is what I mean, no matter what happens, the guy cant win with some people

It's a sad state of affairs when fans are looking around and hoping that there are three worse teams in the PL than us!

Once being 30 years ago?

I would say they have done very little to hinder the inconsistent and in the most part 'distinctly average' football thats been displayed by AVFC for the last 3 decades.

To be fair we had our chance when Lerner first took over. Nobody can deny that he backed the club and spent the money. It was just given to the wrong man in charge (and none of us saw that coming).

You see, the Wolves game was just paper over the cracks. That was exactly the same performance. Only difference was Keane who pulled out 2 hollywood goals out of nowhere, Wolves lost their best player through injury and was a man down. Our defence were still the same shit. We still couldn't keep the ball well enough. We had no aggressive plan to break them even when they were 10 men down. Yet just because we won that fans go blind, yet now we've lost a game they can actually see what a pile of rubbish this team is through management and indiviual errors.

Don't expect us to win against QPR either unless Keane somehow bags more hollywood goals. There's no Plan A to break down a team under McLeish. Just remember when we had to respond against Swansea and how many shots did we have on target? The Swansea defence were extremely comfortable and they're not the first. Alot of teams have managed to walk away with a clean sheet victory at Villa Park, while our useless manager just stands there looking way out of his depth.

The best we can hope is to stay up. Isn't it cool that we've been in the Premier League since it's birth and have the same ambition as Norwich who were in League 1 just two seasons ago? Yet what's more worse they'll probably finish above us due to the sheer gap quality of managers.

**** you McLeish, you piece of shite.

Yawn. I hope we win against QPR just to prove how wrong you are. Outside of a bad 20 minutes before Warnock came on we dominated Wolves.

We didn't dominate Wolves. Wolves were all over us in the first half firing chance after chance inside the box. In the second half, even with a man down and and their best player injured, we still looked hopeless at going forward. Just because Keane scored 2 wonder goals doesn't equate to us dominating Wolves. If we dominated them we would have had far superior possession and chances.

Once being 30 years ago?

You must have been asleep for a while. The garbage served up under McLeish is the worst and most boring football in a long while. Even under the dark days of Billy McNeil and Graham Turner Mark 2 they were never as consistently boring as now.

This - #thatfeeling

The thing is regardless of who we play, when I watch us we seem the poorer team. Ok, we get the results now and then but the football is always terrible. Then I watch the likes of Norwich, Wigan, Boltan, Blackburn who are all probably inferior teams to us and there is still so much heart and attempts to play football.

This is why i'm very worried.

I know I've mentioned this before but John Gregory anyone?

haha. I know your joking but as a short term fix he would probably do a better job and at least 100% keep us up. But that's all he would ever be and all he ever should have been.

Where is he these days anyway? acting, singing, selling used cars?

haha. I know your joking but as a short term fix he would probably do a better job and at least 100% keep us up. But that's all he would ever be and all he ever should have been.

Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction....

On 8 December 2009, Gregory was appointed the manager of Israeli club Maccabi Ahi Nazareth. He led them to relegation.

On 18 May 2010 Gregory signed a 3 year contract with Israeli Premier League Club F.C. Ashdod. He resigned from Ashdod on 18 April 2011, with the club facing the possibility of relegation.

On 13 June 2011, Gregory was appointed the manager of Kazakh club FC Kairat from Almaty, Kazakhstan.[6] Kairat were relegated at the end of the 2011 season to the second tier of Kazakhstan football.

So I'm not so sure you are right in your theory he would keep us up. :lol:

Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction....

On 8 December 2009, Gregory was appointed the manager of Israeli club Maccabi Ahi Nazareth. He led them to relegation.

On 18 May 2010 Gregory signed a 3 year contract with Israeli Premier League Club F.C. Ashdod. He resigned from Ashdod on 18 April 2011, with the club facing the possibility of relegation.

On 13 June 2011, Gregory was appointed the manager of Kazakh club FC Kairat from Almaty, Kazakhstan.[6] Kairat were relegated at the end of the 2011 season to the second tier of Kazakhstan football.

So I'm not so sure you are right in your theory he would keep us up. :lol:

Oh dear :? and to think this man was given so many millions to spend when with us. I just thought the players would be motivated by the fact he would shoot them with a shotgun if they did not perform ;)

Â