The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Man Utd's form can't be irrelevant, its the basis for my argument, whether you agree with that or not doesn't actually make something more or less relevant. And on that note, I'll bow out as we're never going to agree and from hereon in, the argument becomes a tad circular.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ones denying that Spurs away and Man Utd at home this season we set out with a defeatist attitude and got exactly what we deserved - **** all. It wasn't however patch on the gutless tripe we served up at Man City and Liverpool last season.
There's absolutely no difference at all. :?

Maybe you had to be at Anfield and the City of Manchester Stadium. I will also acknowledge that the disgusting, disgraceful, disrespectful behaviour of our then manager at full time after the gutless tripe his team served up also will make that night at Anfield live long in the memory as one of the worst experiences as a Villa fan.

Thankfully that's an experience I hadn't had in my previous 30 years as a fan and I'm hopeful I won't have to have again.

Oh for gods sake, change the record. This has nothing to do with the football Houllier tried to get us to play and everything to do with a personal vendetta against Houllier.

Every 5 minutes "you had to be at Anfield maaaann!". Get over it will ya.

When AM touches the SHA sign, then after losing claps their fans, ignoring ours, then and only then will Houlllier's disrespect for our fans pale into my memory.

AM........jury still out, signs of a good manager.....maybe, signs of a bad one maybe....UTV

When AM touches the SHA sign, then after losing claps their fans, ignoring ours, then and only then will Houlllier's disrespect for our fans pale into my memory.

Whole lot of differences.

Anyway, what he did at Anfield was wrong but **** me, he didn't kill a baby, he apologized, move on. I was more concerned with the performance and result.

Anyway, what he did at Anfield was wrong .

Well thats putting it mildly isn't it. 1800 of us at Anfield on a freezing cold night being served up gutless crap but still out sung Houlliers beloved kop. How did that disrespectful clown repay us - by completely ignoring us and lording it in front of the kop at full time. We have some of the best away supporters in the country and those fans and this great club deserved far, far better. It was easily the most disrespectful act I have witnessed in my 30 years following this great club and wasn't and isn't something to just be forgotten. We have earned the right to not be treated like that.

As Bickster said he also didn't actually apologise.

Man Utd's form can't be irrelevant, its the basis for my argument, whether you agree with that or not doesn't actually make something more or less relevant. And on that note, I'll bow out as we're never going to agree and from hereon in, the argument becomes a tad circular.
Well if you look at Man U's performance on the night (and that's what counts the most) it was pretty shit.

Well thats putting it mildly isn't it. 1800 of us at Anfield on a freezing cold night being served up gutless crap but still out sung Houlliers beloved kop. How did that disrespectful clown repay us - by completely ignoring us and lording it in front of the kop at full time. We have some of the best away supporters in the country and those fans and this great club deserved far, far better. It was easily the most disrespectful act I have witnessed in my 30 years following this great club and wasn't and isn't something to just be forgotten. We have earned the right to not be treated like that.

You do realise there was also a game on as well, right? :vlol: The bizarre thing is that the performance (which was terrible) was far more significant yet people hardly even mention that.

Isn't this thread about McLeish?

Really hoping McLeish picks as close to the same team he did yesterday for the Swansea game. I'd be happy if Bent came in for the 90 mins instead of either Gabby, N'Zogbia or Albrighton. But even some players who I thought have looked average this season at best (Collins and Warnock) both had solid games.

Keep it the same McLeish. No Emile Heskey please!

(P.S. I was at both Liverpool last season and Man Utd this season. Both were as shit as each other. Which is why I'm still sceptical at McLeish. But hopefully Arsenal and Chelsea games are a turning point.)

You do realise there was also a game on as well, right? :vlol: The bizarre thing is that the performance (which was terrible) was far more significant yet people hardly even mention that.
He mentioned the 'gutless crap' performance.

Thank you. I think I also described it as gutless tripe in other posts.

Yes, I did see that thank you.

If you'll look I said "people". Of course people always mention the performance but it's usually as a mere footnote.

Your begining to sound like Uncle Albert, we have heard your story before and no doubt we will hear it again. As I said, get over it.

For me, he tried to change us to play football rightly or wrongly, now we are at best (yesterday) back where we were two years ago, at worst, well thats the other 17 games.

I dont give a shit if he touched the sign or not, as long as the team are trying to play the game the right way and move forward. We are not in my opinion at this time doing that.

Will people stop banging on about the Anfield incident. I wasn't happy but Houllier isn't our manager anymore so it's time to let it go.

The Spurs match however happened recently and seeing as McLeish is still our manager, and seeing this is a thread where we can be critical about him, I think it's valid to discuss his lowest points.

It also seems fans are getting too over excited now that we've managed to pick up a result against the top 6. The Swansea match tommorow could be devastating and we'll be back to square one with this manager.

I dont give a shit if he touched the sign or not

Who mentioned Houllier touching the sign? I wasn't even aware until I got back from Anfield that night that he had even done that. It was his disrespectful behaviour in front of me and the rest of our fantastic supporters of this great club that pissed us off.

Anyway as others have said thank **** he is gone and we don't have to put up with any more of his gutless tripe and disrespectful, embarrassing behaviour.

As for McLeish lets hope this recent up turn continues then we can all be happy. Well most of us.

Who mentioned Houllier touching the sign? I wasn't even aware until I got back from Anfield that night that he had even done that. It was his disrespectful behaviour in front of me and the rest of our fantastic supporters of this great club that pissed us off.

Anyway as others have said thank **** he is gone and we don't have to put up with any more of his gutless tripe and disrespectful, embarrassing behaviour.

We were starting to head in the right direction. :(

we don't have to put up with any more of his gutless tripe and disrespectful, embarrassing behaviour.
No, instead we have to put up with McLeish's gutless tripe and disrespectful embarrassing behavior. Yippee.

We were starting to head in the right direction. :(

Were we? we had an upturn at the end of the season under Macallister but our last 6 games under Houllier consisted of 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats.

Houllier has always been a cheque book manager. He proved that last January when he had to spend the best part of 30 mill to get us out of the deep shit he got us in to. I dread to think where we'd be now given he would have had a transfer budget of minus 20 million to spend over the summer. It doesn't bare thinking about actually and thankfully we haven't had to witness it. Given what Gabby, arguably alongside Petrov our best player this season, said over the summer it also seems likely he would of been off. We'd have been in deep ship.

I think we would all probably agree that there were elements of what Houllier was trying to do that were what most of us wanted to see. He was a bit of a dick for the way that he behaved around Plop and some of his PR gaffes were embarrassing BUT what he was trying to do around getting us to play football was, IMO, the correct way to go. Whether he would have got there or not is another question. Whilst I didn't particularly like Ged, I was interested in what he was trying to do and could, at least, get enthused by the prospect of us playing some football.

It would have been fantastic, again IMO, to see a good young manager come in to replace him with the same footballing ethos. I would really have liked Martinez, Coyle or Lambert or someone of that ilk. Many will say that Coyle is doing poorly and Martinez not much better but I believe that the resources and infrastructure that they operate within are nowhere near what we could provide.

McLeish, for me, was a huge step backwards. He is MON Lite - similar tactics (or lack thereof) but little character or inspiration and this shows with his football.

Yesterdays performance was good BUT what really winds me up is some people saying credit where credit is due. He picked a balanced side with players playing in their right positions and set up to play the opposition for the first time this season and that was only probably because Heskey had been injured and Hutton suspended. The performance in the last couple of games has shown that we have enough talent at this club, if used properly, to compete around the 7th-8th spot and give the big boys a game. The problem is that Eck doesn't use it properly the majority of the time and that is just wrong!

Â