The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://tinyurl.com/avfcpremcomparison

Latest stats on the tw*t.

Trust me the only way to make a noise over this is to boycott Villa Park. Anyone going is supporting the morons continued existence

I've been going for 50 years and travelled from far afield as Kent - Wigan - Devon (when I lived there). Why the F**k should I stop now? Sorry I may be a moron by I am a loyal moron who will follow my team no matter what level or type of football. At least I'm a claret and blue blooded moron and proud!

Well you shouldnt moan about things then. Your paying to watch dross and whilst people are paying it will carry on. Enjoy the dross. Maybe make matchdays more dross like by getting wet and sitting in the cold?

Trust me the only way to make a noise over this is to boycott Villa Park. Anyone going is supporting the morons continued existence

I've been going for 50 years and travelled from far afield as Kent - Wigan - Devon (when I lived there). Why the F**k should I stop now? Sorry I may be a moron by I am a loyal moron who will follow my team no matter what level or type of football. At least I'm a claret and blue blooded moron and proud!

Well you shouldnt moan about things then. Your paying to watch dross and whilst people are paying it will carry on. Enjoy the dross. Maybe make matchdays more dross like by getting wet and sitting in the cold?

I don't moan - where in any thread have I moaned - but hang on - even though I go and support my team I am not allowed to moan - but those that don't go have a right to do so - I see - there you go then - I'll just follow my team and keep quiet whilst you who (perhaps) doesn't or won't go can moan as much as you want. Fine by me. For your information - when the protests were going on - even though I moaned and organised I NEVER stopped supporting my team.

Hey ho each to his own!

This is the thing for me, the people who pay to be bored each week, then pay for the internet to come on here and moan about paying to be bored.

I support Aston Villa, I always check the results, watch them when I can I tv and come up to games when money, work commtiments and the Mrs permit. But right now I have no desire to fork out a large chunk of my pay packet to go and see the crap the club is dishing out.

There is no contract with the club, they cannot do whatever they want and expect my continued patronage. Right now I'd rather walk to my local club, Southampton, and enjoy a competitive game of football as a neutral.

Remember it was your interest in football, not Villa, that first made you walk through thegates of VP, yes that decision might have been swayed by family and friends, but in order to support the club you first have to enjoy the game. Maybe it is time that the club realised they cannot rely on our continued loyalty whilst they appear to be doing aas much as they can to alienate us.

I don't moan - where in any thread have I moaned - but hang on - even though I go and support my team I am not allowed to moan - but those that don't go have a right to do so - I see - there you go then - I'll just follow my team and keep quiet whilst you who (perhaps) doesn't or won't go can moan as much as you want. Fine by me. For your information - when the protests were going on - even though I moaned and organised I NEVER stopped supporting my team.

Hey ho each to his own!

You see at this point i cant see anyone who is going is helping the situation but each to his own as you say. Enjoy the football it will stay as long as people pay to watch it.

There isnt a manager apart from Hughes who can take us forward but he wont come.

I have been through some of the worst years at Villa but this on top of what is happening in the Premiership is soul destroying and have to say watching Championshp football may not only be more enjoyable but more within our current capabilities. Harsh? Maybe, but its how I feel at the moment.

Yeah, but at least you've gone through some of the best years at Villa as well. Me? I didn't start watching Villa unil '98 (I'm 22 now) and the best I've seen us do is a FA Cup/Carling Cup final. I've never seen us actually win a proper silverware.

The fact is with AM and the board we won't see anything worthwhile under them. We may see relegation though so younger fans like myself will never see anything good at this club. Sucks really.

Hey ho each to his own!

You see at this point i cant see anyone who is going is helping the situation but each to his own as you say. Enjoy the football it will stay as long as people pay to watch it.

That's the thing mate - Villa is in my blood - has been since I was four - has been from all the bad times and good times. I go because win lose or draw don't matter. I would follow them in the lower leagues but others would walk away - not me. So let's leave it there.

Hopefully someday this will all be forgotten and we can all be happy families again! That is really what we all are - one large family!

Yeah, but at least you've gone through some of the best years at Villa as well. Me? I didn't start watching Villa unil '98 (I'm 22 now) and the best I've seen us do is a FA Cup/Carling Cup final. I've never seen us actually win a proper silverware.

The fact is with AM and the board we won't see anything worthwhile under them. We may see relegation though so younger fans like myself will never see anything good at this club. Sucks really.

This is very good point all those that argue we could get a fantastic manager because we're the mighty Villa, seem to forget there's a whole generation of fans that have seen us do jack shit in terms of honours.

It's ahrd to argue you're one of the best clubs in the Country when your last trophy was the league cup 15 years ago, epecially as that competition is now the playground for the big club's reserves and youth players.

why has he not put Carlos in at CB! Dunne and Collins both have got complacenet after their 'superb' start! Always been a MASSIVE dunne fan and even defended him a lot last year when didnt really deserve it!

However for me last nights performance was so bad i think it may be time to hang up your boots after the euros dunney! I actually think i could have done better! Carlos must be fuming at the idea that they are irreplaceable. just another shocking decision from the idiot!

This is very good point all those that argue we could get a fantastic manager because we're the mighty Villa, seem to forget there's a whole generation of fans that have seen us do jack shit in terms of honours.

It's ahrd to argue you're one of the best clubs in the Country when your last trophy was the league cup 15 years ago, epecially as that competition is now the playground for the big club's reserves and youth players.

Nobody expects a fantastic manager, we just want one that isn't absolutely shit.

I'm actually laughing right now thinking back. When the manager search began at June the threads were very active. I think overall there was at least 1000 pages. We were all over excited as well. Was it gonna be Ancelotti, Benitez, Moyes etc ? and when we was being linked with Hughes some of us frowned upon him because we were so deluded that we thought we was gonna get a top elite manager.

Then about 2 weeks or so it turned out to be McLeish and everyone flipped out. How the **** did it go from Ancelotti to McLeish? So hilarious thinking back.

I'm actually laughing right now thinking back. When the manager search began at June the threads were very active. I think overall there was at least 1000 pages. We were all over excited as well. Was it gonna be Ancelotti, Benetiez, Moyes etc ? and when we was being linked with Hughes some of us frowned upon him because we were so deluded that we thought we was gonna get a top elite manager.

Then about 2 weeks or so it turned out to be McLeish and everyone flipped out. How the **** did it go from Ancelotti to McLeish? So hilarious thinking back.

We still didn't think Lerner could possibly follow up houllier with such a shocking managerial appointment.

I'm actually laughing right now thinking back. When the manager search began at June the threads were very active. I think overall there was at least 1000 pages. We were all over excited as well. Was it gonna be Ancelotti, Benitez, Moyes etc ? and when we was being linked with Hughes some of us frowned upon him because we were so deluded that we thought we was gonna get a top elite manager.

It's more sad than anything. After the Bent transfer some of us thought the board had ambition. I hate using this word but I think it's appropriate here. Some (myself included) thought they'd go and get a big name. At worst I thought we'd get someone like Hughes. Ancelotti was pie in the sky and so was Moyes but Hughes wasn't. How wrong I was. Still can't get over this appointment. Just why? Why him? :cry:

Hey ho each to his own!

You can't see how people going to a game, chanting chants and clapping the players would help?

So you think we'd do fine if the players played to a stadium with 0 villa fans and 1000+ away supporters?

Bring on the boycott... it sounds terrific!

I'm with Nazvfc.

I am posting from Canada, the home tie vs Norwich was my first ever Villa game, and I had the time of my life. If I lived in the Birmingham area, I would try to get to every game I could. I can sympathize with those who believe a boycott might help, but I have my doubts. I think sometimes familiarity breeds contempt, and I can't imagine having the VILLA in my back yard and not going.

I think we're up against the old debate fan vs customer again. A fan is one who supports his side through thick and thin, grim times and grand, the customer only goes when he feels he's getting his money's worth.

As a BC Villan, I simply cannot get over how many in Brum take this great side for granted. I cannot grasp it. For me, that first climb up the Holte steps was like a pilgrimage to Mecca. I couldn't have been more excited.

Â