Gears of War 3

jadenb42

"HMV has kicked off the inevitable Gears of War 3 price war, offering the 360 exclusive for just £1.99 to anyone who trades in a copy of current UK No.1 Dead Island"

Going to take this offer up as I've finished with dead island now.

Well, picked up Gears 1 and 2 again Friday evening. Just gone through Gears 1 (on Casual mind) in around 8 hours. If wiggy is up for an Insanity play through then I'm game. The extra achievements would be nice ;)

Gonna hit up Gears 2 next and hopefully by then GOW3 would have turned up.

Found another deal.

"GAME also has a Gears of War 3 offer; it'll be selling the game for £4.99 when customers trade-in either Dead Island, Driver: San Francisco or Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine."

One last deal before release.

"Do you want a free copy of Gears of War 3? Well then you'd better head to Birmingham and have the game's skull logo shaved into your head."

"The Birmingham New Street branch of Gamestation is where you need to be between 9am and 3pm tomorrow.

The flagship store is offering ten copies of the Epic title to willing participants on a first come first shaved basis. There'll be an 'extreme' barber on-site so leave your scissors at home"

Tempted to get it fixed

Do it yourself, man. I did, £5 kit off ebay, a youtube how-to step by step guide, and about 30 minutes of your time - it's actually pretty easy. Shocking thing is it actually works :D Or at least, it did for me. Worth a go at the very least, I'm sure you'd be charged over the odds to have someone do it for you

Got mine at 12 last night from Game in Sutton. Their system was so **** up. They were giving out raffle tickets and calling people in the shop 2 at a time. Something about fire regulations for midnight launches only allow 2 people in the store at once. Get my game at 1:30am.

Get home and it don't **** work. There is a finger print in the disk that wont come out. Rang them up and they said if there are any scratches or physical damage they wont replace it. Once i got down there they tried to say i caused the finger print. I explained to them that i could no way put a finger print into one of the layers on the disk. They gave in and replaced it. Now i have the Villa game tonight so i still wont get a game on it till 11.

I've played some of the campaign and some mutliplayer, and i don't know what the fuss is about, really average shooter, better out there already. Moving about is really akward and reloading your gun is a pain in the arse unless you're right on the money. I'd rather get rid, but feel i have to make an effort now i've paid £36.99.

The graphics are fantastic and I'm enjoying the campaign thus far. I also really like the Horde and Beast online modes.

However, I'm not fond of the versus modes as you just end up rolling away from everyone and it feels really clunky. I prefer the likes of BC and MW for things like this as you can actually move in those games, without feeling restricted.

I'm glad I didn't trade in 'Dead Island' for this as I was having more fun with that.

Don't listen to CBV, you know he's a COD fanboy so nothing will compare ;)

I'm about halfway through GOW2 again. Just finished Act 3 (the Leviathan boss). Gonna get this done by the weekend so I can get right into GOW3.

I'm not too fussed about the multiplayer issues. Campaign is where it's at. Might try horde too.

Still up for that co-op wiggy? Apparently you can do 4 player online co-op this time round. VillaTalk campaign run?

Â