ebby nelson addy

connor taylor

joshua webb

josh barton

courtney cameron

jack grealish

daniel johnson

bradley lewis

lets hope there's some stars in the making, but after a squad last year that included herd, lichaj, weimann, hogg, lowry, dj, benji, baker, this looks like a pretty young side...

big clubs this year as well, with chelsea, newcastle, west ham, celtic, rangers, sunderland, leicester all there...

anyway, myself and my lad will be there for any of the games... anyone else going, we'll be the ones in the support stan tshirts...

Anybody fancy a challenge?

What can you tell me about these boys:

Alpha Khallon

Courtney Wildin - Left back

Riccardo Calder - Winger

Easah Suliman

James Talbot - Northern Irish

Ben Hodges - DOB 21/08/1996

Elliot Hogan

Daniel Crowley - England U16 International

Carlo Erdei - Romanian who was on trial with U16s and may sign if we can get a permit (as of Jan 2012).

If anyone can give me any further information on any of the young lads not listed would be very helpful.

Anybody fancy a challenge?

What can you tell me about these boys:

Alpha Khallon

He has the coolest **** name ever.

a 21st century kaiser soze....

back to the soccer sevens, why on earth would we reward kids with a trip to HK if we were going to release them? doesn't make any sense to me...

also looks like a very weak team compared to previous years, in my opinion. i understand so many players moving up the first team squad, but there are a number of young fringe players who could have been rewarded with the trip:

siegrist

baker

stevens

gardner

johnson

carruthers

delfouneso

would have been a good team in keeping with the last five years.

Not so much rewarding them, rather that they are under contract until the end of June so why not utilise them. Several of the younger players have international commitments I believe. I doubt the likes of Stevens, Baker and Delfouneso would relish travelling halfway around the World to play in a mickey mouse tournament at the end of the season, these are all full time professionals who have played in the league.

and were all full time professionals last year, and the year before when they came out and loved it...

if its mickey mouse, and we need to fill it up with people who are about to be out of contract, not much point in entering, really...

everyone who's been out for the last five years, has loved it and can't wait to get out again...

my point is that there are lots in the reserves squad, and even the more established players in the academy who should be getting rewarded / given the opportunity to play in this, mickey mouse or not...

HEY rodigan , they made the final , think you owe the boys an apology , players are released for various reason , and not because they are sh8t . done our club proud even though they knew they had no future here .

i know they made the final - i was at the all the games and they did indeed play brilliantly. not sure what i owe player an apology for - my comment had nothing to do with their playing ability, but more with the policy of the club in sending players that it has already released. Unless the club intended to unrelease players that did well, it seemed a waste of spaces in the squad.

if ebby nelson-addy and reece caira are the two players who have been released, i think that is a great shame - they played pretty much every minute of every game, and ebbz in particular was a key part of the team.

for those who are interested, daniel johnson looked head and shoulders above every else at the tournament and was rightly awarded player of the tournament, which shows how much he has come on in the last year. in last year's team, he mostly started off the bench.

Benji Siegrist was also excellent in goal, with a number of great saves in the final against newcastle, and in the quarters against leicester. courtney cameron, josh barton and connor taylor also looked useful.

credit to bryan jones and sean verity - they know how to play the format down to the ground, and they had the team playing tactically smart football against bigger and older teams...

credit also to the club and the lads themselves. as always out here, they were impeccably behaved, and brilliant with the fans, many of whom now have shirts, boots, shinpads, socks (just about everything other than the lads' dacks) as souvenirs of the club's visit...

i know they made the final - i was at the all the games and they did indeed play brilliantly. not sure what i owe player an apology for - my comment had nothing to do with their playing ability, but more with the policy of the club in sending players that it has already released. Unless the club intended to unrelease players that did well, it seemed a waste of spaces in the squad.

if ebby nelson-addy and reece caira are the two players who have been released, i think that is a great shame - they played pretty much every minute of every game, and ebbz in particular was a key part of the team.

for those who are interested, daniel johnson looked head and shoulders above every else at the tournament and was rightly awarded player of the tournament, which shows how much he has come on in the last year. in last year's team, he mostly started off the bench.

Benji Siegrist was also excellent in goal, with a number of great saves in the final against newcastle, and in the quarters against leicester. courtney cameron, josh barton and connor taylor also looked useful.

credit to bryan jones and sean verity - they know how to play the format down to the ground, and they had the team playing tactically smart football against bigger and older teams...

credit also to the club and the lads themselves. as always out here, they were impeccably behaved, and brilliant with the fans, many of whom now have shirts, boots, shinpads, socks (just about everything other than the lads' dacks) as souvenirs of the club's visit...

I know he didnt get a lot of gametime ( i was surprised as anyone because jack usually starts in front of a lot of the wingers older than him ) but how did jack play ?? :)

he was first sub to go on in each game - would have played close to half a game each time...

made a big difference when he came on, particularly in the last game, where he was responsible for us pulling one back... quick to get facing forward and not afraid to run at players...

lovely lad, who seemed to have a great time here.... he was good with my young lad, seb, who was on the sidelines and handing out water....

don't worry about him starting on the bench... last season the player in that position was DJ, and this year he was player of the tournament... bryan and sean know exactly what they are doing out here, far better than any of the other coaches in terms of playing sevens and using a squad to be able to go deep in the competition... which, of course, is why villa have won it more than any of the other teams there...

in terms of size and experience, we should not have been anywhere near several of the teams there, but the villa structure was good, and the lads were incredibly disciplined throughout the entire tournament.

if you're actually jack's brother, as opposed to someone using his name, both you and he should be very proud... he did well and has a great career ahead of him...

he was first sub to go on in each game - would have played close to half a game each time...

made a big difference when he came on, particularly in the last game, where he was responsible for us pulling one back... quick to get facing forward and not afraid to run at players...

lovely lad, who seemed to have a great time here.... he was good with my young lad, seb, who was on the sidelines and handing out water....

don't worry about him starting on the bench... last season the player in that position was DJ, and this year he was player of the tournament... bryan and sean know exactly what they are doing out here, far better than any of the other coaches in terms of playing sevens and using a squad to be able to go deep in the competition... which, of course, is why villa have won it more than any of the other teams there...

in terms of size and experience, we should not have been anywhere near several of the teams there, but the villa structure was good, and the lads were incredibly disciplined throughout the entire tournament.

if you're actually jack's brother, as opposed to someone using his name, both you and he should be very proud... he did well and has a great career ahead of him...

Great cheers for the post :cheers: . And i can guarantee i am his brother :)

Â