Academy Under 18s season 2011/12

fantram

I do worry that we focus on results for our younger sides too much rather than trying to get through one or two from every crop into the first team. ........

How young is this current bunch compared to their peer group?

For my part, I don't focus on youth team results in the sense of it meaning anything in the longer term....I'm just so unmotivated by anything that is happening with the first team that I take shelter in the 'more successful' junior players :?

How young is the current bunch? I don't know for certain but I believe that our current Under 18 team is younger than it has been in recent seasons, as is the Reserve team. The Under 18s have several players that are only 15 or 16.

• 4 weeks later...

There is now a short match report for the Watford game on the OS.

Team: B. Watkins (Barrett 46); Jenkins, Bryan, Lewis, Kinsella (Bateman 72); Graham, Serrano de la Cruz, Melvin, Barton (Crowley 73); Grealish, Robinson.

Substitutes not used: Watkins-Clark, Danny Williams.

Crowley and Watkins-Clark are new names on me – anyone know anything about them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lost 5-2 to Leicester on Saturday, they had a lad in the side (Liam Moore) who has played in the first team and has 17 appearances with Bradford City on loan.

No disgrace losing to these cloggers who always finish near the top of the league purely on the basis of using as many physically dominant players as they can and kicking lumps out of the opposition. Thus far they have produced very few decent level footballers but seem to continually pat themselves on the back for winning the U18 league. Strange little club.

Looks like Jack Grealish is considering his future at the club, at u18 level. His twitter today;

En route foooootballl ! So peee'd off tho that I have college... why ? Its a football club lol, let us just play football !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at villa today for 8 hours n only played 1 hour of football ? #anychance

Not in the squad for the reserves tomorow because of the stupiddddddddddddest thing ever !!!! #pissedof

Thinkin about what I want n whats best for me n my career ! Feel so depressed atm ! Gona sleep n have a rethink about everything #argh #ball

Im not so clued up on the u18s...so can anyone tell me if this lad is any good? By the looks of it, he wants reverse football at least, and to be able to play it week in week out.

He's good. Very good potentially, but a lot of good players at his age end up nowhere. It sounds to me like he doesn't want to go to college and the club are insisting he does.

How depressed can you be as a 16 year old potential professional footballer at the best academy in the country and with the best coaches?

He needs to chill his beans from the sound of those tweets; he might want to calm down and take a bit of advice.

Saw those comments earlier and thought what a jumped up little____.

One min raving about Villa, next minute throwing a fit.

However, he's a young kid and all young lads make rash statements and think they know best.

Hopefully he will receive the support from his family and coaches to develop his talent and mature.

Think it shows that twitter can be a very bad idea. Young kids don't need to do their growing up in front of the world!

He's only 16? Damn I followed him on twitter thinking he was a little older.

I'm sure he'll see what a great club Villa are at developing young players, especially with Gary Gardner making his breakthrough. Gary Gardner will be a great role model for the next crop of players like Jack (I think Gary has a great attitude just like Craig did for us).

The team was; Craig Hill in goal, back four of Jenkins,Bryan,Lewis and Bateman. Midfield Barton,Darkin,Ward and Graham. Up front Eminoglu and Grealish.

Eminoglu headed in a great cross from Graham to give us the lead before being sent off and then after going behind 2-1 Brad Lewis scored a last minute equaliser from another Jordan Graham cross.

I believe, unless something drastically happens to change it, that you've signed a player from EFC u16s who it seems wasn't given a scholarship. To be honest, I am a little surprised as he is a pretty good player but he has found himself out the team a bit recently due to a change in formation. Good luck to him anyway.

Â