Academy Under 18s season 2011/12

fantram

I believe, unless something drastically happens to change it, that you've signed a player from EFC u16s who it seems wasn't given a scholarship. To be honest, I am a little surprised as he is a pretty good player but he has found himself out the team a bit recently due to a change in formation. Good luck to him anyway.

cheers for the info :) any name or position or anthing like that?

Danny O'Brien, right winger. Apparently suprisingly not offered a new deal by Everton but that seems to be down to a change in management at academy level.

That's him. Good player. The academy manager has changed and with that there has been a change in philosophy and the junior sides have changed formation which put Danny out of the team. A fair few I thought would get scholars haven't and we've brought in a few others.

Danny is skilful and quick with a good delivery. Short clip below, he is number 4.

Confirmed that Jordan Graham has signed a pro deal until June 2014. He signed it some time ago but it couldn't be activated until he turned 17. If we can make ourselves safe in the next few weeks he is one who really ought to be given an opportunity.

Danny O'Brien, right winger. Apparently suprisingly not offered a new deal by Everton but that seems to be down to a change in management at academy level.

That's him. Good player. The academy manager has changed and with that there has been a change in philosophy and the junior sides have changed formation which put Danny out of the team. A fair few I thought would get scholars haven't and we've brought in a few others.

Danny is skilful and quick with a good delivery. Short clip below, he is number 4.

Lovely assist that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Under 18s beat Pompey 4-0 at the weekend at Bodymoor Heath.

Goalscorers: Graham Burke, Liam Bateman, Jack Grealish, Jordan Graham

Team: [No details]

There is a match report on the OS.

The final game of the season is on Saturday – at home against Spurs.

Season stats to date

Played 27

Won 11

Drawn 6

Lost 10

Goals For 62

Goals Against 50

Goal Diff. +12

Points 39

Which leaves Villa in mid table – 5th in the 10 team Premier Academy Group B – and that won’t change regardless of the result in the final match.

didnt know we were that bad at this age,i know we are bad at younger ages but thought we were one of the best at this age...the future is not so bright...

Probably because a lot of main U18's were playing in the NextGen series and more reserve matches once all the usual reserves got called up to the first team. U18 league seems to have been a lower priority this season.

The Under 18s were held 2-2 at Bodymoor Heath by Spurs in their final game of a rather average season but, as VillaRoy says, the U18 team this season featured quite a few much younger players than usual due to several U18s playing regularly in te Reserves.

Goalscorers: Graham Burke, Michael Drennan

Team: Hill; Donacien, Bateman, Melvin, Watkins-Clark (Lewis 46); Devine, Barton (Nelson 57), Ward, Graham; Drennan (Serrano de la Cruz 89), Burke.

Substitutes not used: Barrett, Danny Williams.

OS report here.

look at the young players who have played up in the first team, or least in the squad this season, and its perfectly clear to me why the U18s struggled this season.

albrighton

bannan

clark

delfouneso

lichaj

herd

gardner

baker

carruthers

johnson

they have had to come out of the reserves / academy team and move up, which has had a trickle down effect to the feeder teams. strong performances in the reserves and the nextgen series to me suggest that we are doing just fine in the academy system.

Â