Academy Under 18s season 2011/12

fantram

wow....

the three that were in hk - ebbz, reece and connor taylor all did good...

having said that, dj looked absolutely a class above anyone else in the competition with the exception of newcastle's paul scholes-a-like, so perhaps they just weren't going to cut it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i can guarantee i am his brother :)

Okay, then, please could you clear up the correct way to say "Grealish"

Is it like "Grey" lish

or "Gree" lish

or "Gree a" lish

or "Gre" lish?

:suspect: It's the 2nd one.

SGC! Been MIA for months! We need some updates on the youth, man. This years Scholars are..?

The only ones i know of are Riccardo Calder, Jack Grealish and possibly Ben Hodges, i'm sure that Andy Clarke did a post a few pages back with lots of info about the new scholars

Agree, Josh Barton looked very good….looked to get forward most of the game, very comfortable on the ball. Another good one was centre half, Dan I think his name was??? No nonsense centre half but called also play, gave Boldmere forward nothing.

DC, DJ?? in the middle, no 3 looked very good pulled most of the strings, funky haircut, kid n play style, passed in round nicely and was also strong on the ball

This was my first time watching the reserved, best player for me was player they called ‘Jacko’ played in most attacking positions especially when subs were coming on but he stood for me as he was very accomplished on the ball, most things went through him in the middle, great skill, strength too, when under pressure…all round a good player, caused no end of problems for Boldmere

It was only when he was later subbed I heard it was Jack Greelish….IMO defo a player to keep an eye out for.

Interesting to hear Sid giving instructions to the team, often he would say stretch the game, good to see the midfield keeping the ball, moving it from side to end creating space for guys in the middle to eventually take on the back four, play through them.

I know it was only Boldmere and the Juniors but they could teach the 1st team a few things in that the movement was excellent by all of them, everyone seemed to want to play and look for the ball.

Yeah, Grealish looked class, we always looked like doing something when he was on the ball.

Everyone looked impressive in that I can't remember anyone being sloppy in possession. My mate (who plays at right back for Boldmere) said he's never been given the run around so much! Let's also not forget that Boldmere actually beat the Villa kids 3-2 last pre-season.

Very early days but pretty encouraging.

Also, it was nice to see Marc Albrighton there supporting the youngsters.

Â